Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New pet system for MP?!?

Lightbulb New pet system for MP?!?

Hello,

I have played whit MP little (220/70/30).

I want to give new idea for MP's and maybe for other pet classes.

Right now you can cast 3 different pets, right!? What if you MP could cast 2 same pets like:
    2 attack pets and 1 heal pet
    2 heal pets 1 attack pet

If not same pets, like 2 Rihwe.. then 1 Rihwe and 1 Ettu.. not same pets but same play style.

This is just idea, what came to my mind

Sry for my bad english,

-Everqu

U know that would make u like kinda OP? Sounds abit unfair comparred to the no-pet classes tbh. What you could do, is to make a slightly better endgame healpet, and make the MP a support healer again, cuz thats far of now...
    Opsund 220/30 Ma
    Xandathrii 220/30 Enf
    Vekten 220/30 Doc

Lifdrasil 100/10 Eng

Retired General of Ascension, enjoying my elder days and the end of AO in The Asylum.(Currently of-world , but comming back soon(TM)
    Stop the inflation and madness, support my Tier 4 crusade

Quote Originally Posted by Xandathrii View Post
    U know that would make u like kinda OP? Sounds abit unfair comparred to the no-pet classes tbh. What you could do, is to make a slightly better endgame healpet, and make the MP a support healer again, cuz thats far of now...
    Crats can have 3 attack pets, init debuffs, huge AAD and if you're Atrox, a sizable amount of HD to boot.

The above suggestion wouldn't make MPs anywhere close to OP.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Everqu View Post
    Hello,

I have played whit MP little (220/70/30).

I want to give new idea for MP's and maybe for other pet classes.

Right now you can cast 3 different pets, right!? What if you MP could cast 2 same pets like:
    2 attack pets and 1 heal pet
    2 heal pets 1 attack pet

If not same pets, like 2 Rihwe.. then 1 Rihwe and 1 Ettu.. not same pets but same play style.

This is just idea, what came to my mind

Sry for my bad english,

-Everqu
    That would surely make metaphysicist a lot more interesting.

Nice if they get their pet's stats (Especially their levels) redone.
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

It has been sugested for aeons. But I think it never got a Dev response.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

It would definitely open up options for MPs. Even if you had to perk different perk lines to get access. Three perks lets you have 3 attack pets, 3 different perks lets you have 3 heal pets, ect.
    Malcom Ciafardoni
    Circle-G Inc. - The Past. The Present. Your Future.

I'm not a gimp, I'm a trade skill Trader.

one of the most "out of the box" ideas ive seen so far.
    I added a link to this thread in the Suggestion Summary.
    Consider this your "personal opinion" thread".

Let me know if u want the link changed/deleted/expanded.
    Garden keys can be bought from the key locked garden vendor in case you have deleted your key.

epic fun, just make it so it cannot be the same pet... Just imagine 3 meatball mp running around. Maybe lock it to lvl 160 like crat. And boom win.

I dont think MP would be unbalanced with even 3 attack pets. Provided they are not all 220.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

I think the idea is a good one.

My personal opinion is that the only pet i would see changed would be the mezz pet.
    Even if it got aoe calms in rebalance id still want to see that crap gone.

Perhaps as OPs idea, the option to change the Mezzfail into either a Meatball of attack or healing.

I would be happy to have the highest meatball attack pet over the mezz, or the 2nd highest heal pet, with health, dmg and such scaling, so they wouldnt die from a single attack at endgame.

I still do not think MPs having 2 attack pets 1 heal, or vice versa would make them any closer to OP than the fantastic four, but it would give MP's abit more wiggle room in terms of dmg/support/healing.

Lets make MP more supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Raelil View Post
    I think the idea is a good one.

My personal opinion is that the only pet i would see changed would be the mezz pet.
    Even if it got aoe calms in rebalance id still want to see that crap gone.

Perhaps as OPs idea, the option to change the Mezzfail into either a Meatball of attack or healing.

I would be happy to have the highest meatball attack pet over the mezz, or the 2nd highest heal pet, with health, dmg and such scaling, so they wouldnt die from a single attack at endgame.

I still do not think MPs having 2 attack pets 1 heal, or vice versa would make them any closer to OP than the fantastic four, but it would give MP's abit more wiggle room in terms of dmg/support/healing.
    Well i also don't like mezz pet..

AOE mezz hmm.. will it work every time? When AOE fails, you will get 10 mobs attacking you?

Dmg/Support/Healing..

Yes MP is like support class, but who will it support? at lvl 220, MP can support 1 160 lvl char :P What about end game.. And if they are taking that blue shield away, how will MP support in end game?

What supporting mean? Slow down enemy(s), heal your teammate(s), "help" other player(s)?

Jeah we have some nice nano buffs, but in end game, will you need MP buffs anymore?

If MP have 2 or 3 heal pets, we can heal better our teammates, more than 1 at time.

Quote Originally Posted by Whealer View Post
    It would definitely open up options for MPs. Even if you had to perk different perk lines to get access. Three perks lets you have 3 attack pets, 3 different perks lets you have 3 heal pets, ect.
    Perk idea is good.

And then you can make it starting like: at lvl 200 you can use 2 same type, and maybe 220 you can use 3 same type, or something like what Whealer sayd.

Or there is that perk line what is going to give some extra healing for heal pets, what if at perk 10 you will get option for use 2 or 3 heal pets? And other perk line boost dmg pets and at last perk 10 will give you possibility use 2 or 3 attack pets, and still u can choose do u use 2 attack and 1 heal or 2 heal and 1 attack..

And Orochi3 TY for linking.

-Everqu
    Everqu - MP - 220/30/80
    Def - Equip
    Crit - Equip

Wasaaa - ENF - 220/30/80
    Laxe - NT - 220/30/80
    wizkep - Keep - 220/80/30

WASAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Since 2005

The fun wed have if you could even make three Rihwens (Herlikan's in the future) in raids
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Metafly7 View Post
    The fun wed have if you could even make three Rihwens (Herlikan's in the future) in raids
    Yeah, we might actually come close to the GMclass that is Crats ^^

I don't play an mp but I think they should make your mezz pet into a pet that debuff init by a moderate amount. Then, they should increase the amount of init your damage debuffs debuff. The total amount of inits you could debuff would be lower than that of a crat but the target would have its damage debuffed by a large amount. I don't know if it is a good idea though but I think that would bring more choice when forming teams.

I still think the mezz pet should just stun, or actually be a semi reliable root.

As for multiple attack/heal/mezz(lol) pets I'm not sure really... It would make sub tl7 completely busted, especially with the 20 sec invuln.
    The best way to do it would probably be through a perkline, say 3-5 perks. And the more perks in that line the more options with pet combos come available or something? I dunno.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

I am all for this type of idea.

HOWEVER I can hear the QQ now...

Why do MP's get 3 perma attack pets, engi's only have 2, or crats only have 1 perma + 2 temp pets.

2 rhiwen (herk) + heal would be awesome. It would also pump up MP desirability for team damage. Flexability to have 1 rhiwen + 2 heal pets would make the life of doc or off tank much less stressfull. Bow MP's could sit back with 1 rhiwen and 2 snare/root/stun mezz pets and never fear heal pet ticks. That could be fantastic playability.

But alas... I do not see this ever happening.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    I am all for this type of idea.

HOWEVER I can hear the QQ now...

Why do MP's get 3 perma attack pets, engi's only have 2, or crats only have 1 perma + 2 temp pets.

2 rhiwen (herk) + heal would be awesome. It would also pump up MP desirability for team damage. Flexability to have 1 rhiwen + 2 heal pets would make the life of doc or off tank much less stressfull. Bow MP's could sit back with 1 rhiwen and 2 snare/root/stun mezz pets and never fear heal pet ticks. That could be fantastic playability.

But alas... I do not see this ever happening.
    Dont wanna make MPs actually playable.
    Im sure FC will take this thread to heart tho, and give us the option for 3 mezz pets, but ofcourse that might be too much aswell. Wouldnt wanna step on any crats toes with the mezzing :P

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey View Post
    I still think the mezz pet should just stun, or actually be a semi reliable root.
    The only problem I see with this is that it is only for PvP and won't make MPs more desired for raids since bosses can not be stunned nor rooted. The init debuff would allow for more flexibility when making teams.

Its a good idea!

But I have come to other idea, after speeking with few MPs (basicly, their main are MPs and they lack of teamplay, becasue they aint DD, healer, or mezzer...).

What if MP would gain AOE Init debuff PVM only? 4 nanos from same line, i.e lvl 50 (-300inits) / lvl 100 (-600inits) / lvl 150 (-1500inits) / lvl 205 (-2200 inits). It would not affect PVP, but could bring MP for great position of support class.

offside: I am just bored and full of Hate for CRATS being so OP. basicly, you got crat, you can play.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Or give a different empowerment buffs for mezz pet. AOE mezz-stun, snare, or init debuff?
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

I think just revamping the way the MP pets work would be enough. Perhaps "trimmers" with no negatives - like, similar to the Trader VP nanos where only one can be active but can be swapped at will, and have several tiers of each (Industrial Sabotage and Corporate Protection) - say, 1000 AR/500 AAD or 500 AR/1000 AAD, or 1500 +damage, y'know, mix up the pets for different encounters.
    I'm Batman.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast