Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Omni-Tek Faction Representative Candidates

Omni-Tek Faction Representative Candidates

The candidates for Omni-Tek Faction Representative are Phantom and Sunxiao.

Each candidate will be encouraged to write a speech about their qualifications, and this thread will be open until June 30th. Voting will begin July 1st and last one week.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Loyal employees of Omni-Tek,

Some of you may know me. Most of you will not. As an agent of Internal Operations, I consider it my duty to remain incon****uous and ever-watchful; so have I adopted my moniker, and so have I proceeded to observe, assess, and support our operations on Rubi-Ka. While I am content to have served the corporation in this manner, I have been presented with a new opportunity: one which demands that I step out into the public eye, and gather the support of my peers.

More than a business, Omni-Tek is a force of nature whose achievements rival those of ancient Earth legends, but we cannot afford complacency. We must set the bar ever-higher. We must not allow recent uprisings in the soon-to-be-christened Lonnaria to distract or impede us. We must tighten our grip on this planet, within which beats the heart of creation, and continue to climb the Tower of Babel. As representative of Omni-Tek, I intend to uphold the values of order and authority which have driven our corporation's success for millennia. Structure and stability have afforded us a quality of life once thought impossible on a world as hostile as ours, and the decisiveness of our policies have contributed not only to our own progress, but that of all mankind.

As a member of Internal Operations, I am no stranger to the intricate workings of our corporation. As your representative, I will employ that knowledge in new programs designed to drive loyalty, production, and progress. I will spearhead new colonization campaigns to bolster our workforce, and to better secure our holdings. Omni-Tek's success is driven by you, our employees, and I will make it my personal responsibility to see to it that you have the avenues for communication and growth that will allow you to perform your jobs in the fullest capacity.

Trust in me as your representative, so that we might build the future together.

-Adam "Phantom" Preston

Addendum: My office will respond to all inquiries for the duration of the campaign.

And now, for a bit of OOC:

First, a bit about me. I've been a member of Anarchy Online's role-playing community on-and-off since 2001 and, on this account specifically, 2003. My (Rimorian) roots reach as far back as the Temple of Rubeus, sadly-unfulfilled plans for a rivalry with Sallust and The Pilgrims, and a number of personal endeavors since that have waxed and waned along with Anarchy Online's own role-playing community. Although I've been an on-again, off-again player over the years, and although I've role-played in many worlds since, Rubi-Ka has always been my home, and no story has ever gripped me like hers.

I've always wanted to be involved with Anarchy Online's community on a more macro level, but opportunities for role-players have been few and far between, an issue only exacerbated by our small community and lack of official support. This new program represents a chance for me to finally direct my energy and ambition through a focused lens, and to offer Anarchy Online's role-playing community the support, nurturing, and voice it needs to thrive.

As a representative of Omni-Tek, I'd be bringing a number of diverse skills to the table. I have over a decade of role-playing experience specifically in the MMO genre, and am familiar with it's limitations, benefits, and the most effective ways to utilize it as a venue for storytelling. I've been familiar with Anarchy Online's story for an equivalent amount of time, and feel comfortable that I could work with players, developers, and events to bring Rubi-Ka to life by drawing from the world we already have, rather than trying to impose ideas that might only serve to cheapen and convolute the canon.

Over the years I have also volunteered my time for various roleplaying community websites, and have experience organizing and engaging large groups of players. I know, perhaps better than most, the kinds of attitudes and egos that can spring up in a role-playing community, and I'd like to think I'm capable of managing those without creating any unnecessary rifts or drama. I've also made a number of connections, least among which is a friendship with a columnist over at a popular MMO-based news site. If ever we wanted to increase exposure and highlight AO's live events and roleplaying offerings, I could certainly try and leverage that!

Lastly, I possess a number of technical skills that I intend to apply towards my role as a representative to build new content and resources of Anarchy Online's role-playing community. Photoshop / image editing, web design and programming, video editing, and game design are all skills that I have used in the past to heighten the role-playing experience for my own guilds. In the past I've even devised a small flash-based ARG as a required in-character experience for anyone wishing to "break in" to our Secret World cabal's website.

As for what I'd like to do as a representative, here's a quick list of ideas ranging from the overly-ambitious what-I'd-do-if-Funcom-was-cool-with-it stuff, to projects that I'd be working on in my own time regardless of my role.

• Gather and consolidate feedback about the areas of Anarchy Online's story that players are most interested in, and would like to see visited more through patches and events.
    • Work with developers to identify areas where the story of the game is muddled, confused, or outright abandoned, and discuss potential resolutions.
    • Initiate a role-player centric, volunteer-driven advertising campaign to highlight Anarchy Online's story, live events, and the ways in which the game engages roleplayers compared to other MMO titles.
    • Create (either through community discussion or through various contests) new lore-appropriate advertisements to be utilized on in-game billboards.
    • Create a wiki-style "database" (either from an in-character or out-of-character perspective) featuring background information on player characters, NPCs, and even monsters and regions from the game.

These are just a few of the things I would like to accomplish in the role of representative, but don't let my ambition fool you. I'm comfortable working within limits and accepting that some things just won't or can't happen. Still, I hope you'll find that I'm brimming with energy and ideas, possess some necessary experience, and have a positive outlook towards the game that will help us drive the role-playing experience of Anarchy Online forward for years to come!

~Adam "Phantom" Preston
    Adam "Phantom" Preston - 220/26/53 Meta-Physicist

Serugiusu: By order of I, Bahirae Serugiusu. CEO of Omni-Tek's operations on Rubi-Ka. I hereby transfer you, Mr. Preston to Omni-Meta. Effective Immediately.

Good luck to both
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

I'm looking forward to seeing you in action.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Ladies, Gentlemen and fellow Atroxes,

I've seen many corners of Rubi-Ka, I've been a lover, a fighter, a doctor, a friend, a confidant, a defender, I've seen the best of the darkness, the worst of the light and the home of the clans prior to my time with Omni-Tek.

I don't consider myself to have a home, I don't consider myself to have a hidden agenda, I lead a simple life, one where I look into the hearts and minds of others and help them to see their purpose.

Omni-Tek call me Doctor, Omni-Pol call me Sun. Clans once called me Jux, but that's a time long since passed, of an Assembly of people that I never see a wink of anymore.

Call me a relic of the past, or a silent face in the background, I mind not. I put myself forward for this not for my own purposes but for that of those around me, I consider myself a listener for one and an honest person for second.

I don't see myself as a beacon of light, or a pillar of darkness, I see myself as a brief glimmer of faith to make our voice heard. I can't say I'll fight every fight, but I'll fight smart.

Doctor Sunxiao Ironfist, Applicant of Omni-Pol.

the man behind the atrox:

I've been in AO since about 2004, played a few classes here and there and originally got involved with omni-tek RP back then, switched to clans and went by a few different guises. I've RPd in different games including AO, WoW, EVE, Rift and more recently TSW, i understand and enjoy taking part/watching rp including watching various fantasy tv programs including Defiance, Revolution, Star Trek, Star Wars.

If I'm nominated as the representative, I'll happily hear what recommendations people have and submit them forwards to those at Funcom that'll listen. I'll help people see the methods (and madness) behind our requests and prioritise what we want first and how we want it. I'm happy to take live feedback on my progress as to whether I'm doing well or not and if i'm not up to scratch. I'll plan out what we want done, see how it ties in to what can be done and above all always be honest and forthcomin with everything.
    Last edited by Sunxiao; Jun 27th, 2013 at 17:45:29.

Dear Candidates,

My name is Sotto Mahoney, and I am the quintessential authority on Omni-Tek, Polices, and Law. It brings me great pleasure to see you both aspiring for the position that I have worked for years to have made available for you. Campaign hard and may the best man win.

With that said; I would like to let you both know that upon your acceptance of the position I will make myself fully available to you to offer council and advice on matters pertaining to Omni-Tek, lore and general Roleplaying. Should you wish to accept, simply send me a PM.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

due to a change of job i'm not going to have the time to devote to this that I thought I was going to have.

The good news is, it's closer to home.

The bad news is that it's much longer hours.

I'm really sorry guys, I hope i haven't like strung you along.

That gives you Phantom as your representative! Congrats.
    Coordinator Anarrina

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Congrats Phantom!
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

Trousers for president

@Sunxiao - Sorry to hear that, but congrats on the new job! I know how time consuming that can get, especially when training is involved. Hopefully you'll get into a rhythm soon.

@Trousers - Thanks for that offer, Pants. I'm certainly going to take you up on it, I know there are a lot of nooks and crannies in AO lore that I'm not particularly familiar with, and you've always had some very keen insights - even if I don't always agree with them.

@Everyone else - Thank you! I'm really looking forward to what I can bring to the table in this role. As the wheels begin to turn and I get a better grasp of the direction Funcom has in mind for this program, I'll be sure to do my best to communicate with everyone as I can. In the meantime I'm already drafting some ideas, and hopefully I can begin some discussions and outreaches soon so I myself can get to know people a bit better.

Here's to the future!
    Adam "Phantom" Preston - 220/26/53 Meta-Physicist

Serugiusu: By order of I, Bahirae Serugiusu. CEO of Omni-Tek's operations on Rubi-Ka. I hereby transfer you, Mr. Preston to Omni-Meta. Effective Immediately.

Congratulations, Phantom
    Anamelle Marecki, adventurer, leader of Lumen Orien
    Llesa Varela, MP
    Alossa Laurence, beaurocrat, director of Newland News
    Erissen Altaire, doctor
    Vektria Ervasse, fixer
    Daeranne Smith, engineer, Last Ditch Academy scientist
    Lumen Orien

shame to see a roleplayer I haven't met yet go. I'm sure you would have made a good go of it.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

congrats Phantom!

Congratulations Phantom!

Some great ideas and enthusiasm you have. Keep it up! I'm looking forward to seeing what will happen.
    = Captain "Arthazar" Harcrow (Captain of The Phoenix Fortune)
    = Reporter "Lucetta" Phoenix (IRRK Freelance Reporter)
    = Sir "Sterlings" Furlocke (The Old English Trading Co.)
    = Dr. Malcom "Cormack" Ardman (University of Borealis)
    = "Paulon" McPhasefront, "Georj" Hairyson, "Johnar" Lemon & "Morninn" Starr (The Leetles)
    = "Gridfeed" (Camera Drone)
    = Director "Dartello" Marello (Black-Net)
    = DCI "Validius" Hunt (Department of Investigations)
    = DS John "Streller" (Department of Investigations)

= Major "Jimako" Jones (OTAF)
    = Mack "Teffler" Falloway (Clan hunter/trader)

Phantom has resigned, so we are currently without an Omni Representative. if anyone is interested, drop me a PM.
    Coordinator Anarrina

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Perhaps its time to lift the sanction against Trousers or Agentcora. They already do pretty much everything they can do to enhance the Omni-Tek roleplay experience.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Technically speaking, I'm not sure if there are actually any sanctions against me. I just kind of assumed there were. I'll send a PM and find out I suppose

Gotta step up in the time of need, and such.
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Any updates on this?