Thread: FJRK: Ruth Montezuma calls you!

FJRK: Ruth Montezuma calls you!

FJRK: Ruth Montezuma calls you!
    July 9th, 29487

New Dawn, my Clan. We have cried, we have bled, we have suffered. Everything has been taken from us.

Today I am asking you for even more. There are people who need our aid. Borealis needs to be defended from Omni-Tek.

Clans! Look beyond your bias! Borealis needs you today!

Be in Borealis at 20:00 RKST on Wednesday 10th July.

I will be there with you, though you will not recognise me.

Ruth Montezuma.

and why do we need Borealis? the dish is gone...whats left are some dull shops and annoying neutrals...

and about the part everything was taken from us..Borealis was never ours in the first place..

I dunno about this. You shouldn't publicly broadcast when you plan to attack or protest. That's not asking for trouble, that's absolutely stating your intention to cause it.

Look, Miss Montezuma, I respected Humboldt. But, is whats left of the city and his memory worth the lives you intend to risk? New Dawn are not soldiers. You're in over your head. Your only chance to get anything positive accomplished to come to the Council and state your case. We want closure as much as you do. It's better to do that with the full weight of the clans by your side as opposed to just rushing in like fools.
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Jul 9th, 2013 at 21:10:35.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

She is indeed asking for the full force of Clan, not just New Dawn
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

I was going to a write flippant remark as usual, but I can't. Seems the clans don't even bother to talk the talk any more. Neutrals are putting you to shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaupin View Post
    and about the part everything was taken from us..Borealis was never ours in the first place..
    Looks like you may have missed something.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    I dunno about this. You shouldn't publicly broadcast when you plan to attack or protest. That's not asking for trouble, that's absolutely stating your intention to cause it.

Look, Miss Montezuma, I respected Humboldt. But, is whats left of the city and his memory worth the lives you intend to risk? New Dawn are not soldiers.
    So the only reason you'd help the people of Borealis is for territorial gain? "What's left of the city" is the people that live there. Those people are dying and she asked for aid, not an invasion.

Thanks Ruth... but it looks like we're on our own.
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

Dont know where you are getting that from because i am pretty sure Clan was there the last time too. In big numbers too. Also Borealis might not be Clans territory but any territory taken from omni is worth fighting for. They shall not get their chance to oppress more people. Even tho the neutrals are to ignorant to fight with us for our combined freedom I will atleast be there to help try safe the poor people from these soulless beings. These times call for great messures.
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Redesine View Post
    So the only reason you'd help the people of Borealis is for territorial gain? "What's left of the city" is the people that live there. Those people are dying and she asked for aid, not an invasion.
    Red, don't be too quick to snap at me when I've made concessions already that had nothing to do with territorial gains. As a leader of people, the last thing you want is an uncoordinated response to a defend a weak position that you announced publicly. Just from a TACTICAL point of view, the walls are a mess, its full of wounded and non-combatants with little military or para-military training, and the resource costs to demo and rebuild unsafe structures is phenomenal. You can do more from a secure and secret position and make raids against Omni troops inside the city. Its FAR easier to go on the offensive in such a situation then on the defensive.

Let's say you take the city. You have to rebuild, so where are your supplies gunna come from? Where are you going to set up medical facilities? Omni blockades your exits, and your citizens starve. What do you plan on doing then? There's no arable land for crops unless you scrounge up a hydro lab near the water. But, that STILL has a serious defense issue because its downhill. You can't put up an effective defense anywhere near that, not for land nor air. The truth is you have no exit strategy, no sustainability, and hiding inside the buildings while they fall around you is a non-option. There is a fine line between courage and stupidity. If you make this happen, you're going to regret it.

Right now your only smart option is to take a step back, gather your forces and make a very bold step forward. Trust me on this. Clans have been waging wars for years in back country roads and dunes. You wanna see how we walk the walk? Strap on your man pants and make the hard choices, and then maybe... you'll understand.
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Jul 10th, 2013 at 06:42:15.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

I'm sorry Bubba, don't take this personally, but if it was Old Athen or Tir people would be shouting to the heavens "Clans! Unite and defend!" As it is, it seems you'd rather discuss things in commitees.

We Neutrals don't have the luxury of assessing possible tactic solutions. Omni-Tek has given an order to pacify the populace. And it will happen today.

So, however dissadvantaged we may be we stand up and fight. That's it. We have no choice.
    Anamelle Marecki, adventurer, leader of Lumen Orien
    Llesa Varela, MP
    Alossa Laurence, beaurocrat, director of Newland News
    Erissen Altaire, doctor
    Vektria Ervasse, fixer
    Daeranne Smith, engineer, Last Ditch Academy scientist
    Lumen Orien

Miss Ana, I won't take that bit personally because you're missing the point, and you're making generalizations. I've been in security almost my entire life, this is what I do for a living. Summarizing what happens behind closed doors as 'committees' is a gross underestimation of what happens. Things that get discussed by committees to involve teamwork, discussing strategies, developing and sharing ideas... because out there in the field you won't have that luxury. If all goes well, you talk out your plan, and then you go an execute that plan. If people come prepared and talk about a plan for 10 minutes, that's an advantage you didn't have before. In the time you read this entire blurb, you could have made a plan.

Here is what happens when you don't discuss things and go off all half cocked. You get a large mob of pissed off civilians with no trigger discipline firing at everything that looks dangerous. You could hit other neutrals or clanners that you weren't sure were even on your side. And whats worse is that not all of them will be. You'll have no strategy, and no chain of command. The only thing that people will recognize is the one or two people that stand taller than the rest fighting and making headway, and the lemmings will turn to help them which tells the enemy exactly where to concentrate their group power. When those one or two iconic figures are down, your lines will break because you don't have to defeat people physically... only mentally. Then, because people fought stupidly, they will come out of rezz terminals being sick and nauseated with guns still in hand. They will continue to fight and be dismissed ineffectively until Omni-tek turns off the power grid to the insurance terminals and walks over your sick and wounded and bulldozes them into a shallow grave.

And don't be so thick. YOU do have a choice. You can leave the city with what you have, and people will live. You can set up in another secret location and make small to medium raids against Omni-tek supply trains. You know what feels great and boosts morale? Eating the rations of your enemy! Do you know what sucks? Omni-tek poisoning your only water supply! Borealis isn't going to go anywhere. You can re-take it from them and let THEM deal with the hopeless defense strategy. You have a chance to give people hope, and hope goes a long way.

Run raids and destroy them slowly. Take your time, and make surgical strikes. Use what little resources you have with ruthless efficiency and animal like cunning. Omni-tek has never had the upper hand in those situations. That's how I've won battles that weren't in my favour, and I am telling you that you have plenty of choices. I live by several golden rules when it comes to fighting, and two come to mind for this situation. Those who fight alone, will die alone; You don't have to always fight harder, but you should always fight smarter!

Without a plan, you got nothing. MAKE THE CALL ANA. Lives are depending on you.
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Jul 10th, 2013 at 16:09:20.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Honestly though there are also things that would vote in favour of a defence of the city at this point. The omni defence in Borealis has never been as weak as this yet, their chain of command has been thrown around, there are omnis that dont even agree with their current CEO and so far she hasnt made herself popular yet.
    Also in recent days they have unveiled their defence tactics and their ways of securing themselfs, an attack now would leave them to few time to change anything in their strategies.

Also you say that they can wait to fight another day but they have been for years on end, who is to say they dont have a plan actually?
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

If they had a plan, it makes more sense to share it and create a wartime campaign with like-minded people that have access to far more resources than what is available in Borealis.

I surveyed the damage already, first hand with a small recon team with me. I saw nothing to give me confidence.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

If your such a tactician though you would also know that sharing your tactics to far before a fight might turn against you if spies are around. Also all three factions wont call to arms for nothing. Ill atleast give the benefit of the doubt. No1 would enter a battlefield without a plan ofcourse, in that much ur right
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Clock is ticking... No spies can be had if someone would just call us on the comm and state their case. Not enough time to plan a well-directed coup at this point. Better to show up, slap your nuts on the table.. and roll out with the rigs.

The longer people wait.. the faster this isn't going to end well.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

God speed everyone.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    They will continue to fight and be dismissed ineffectively until Omni-tek turns off the power grid to the insurance terminals and walks over your sick and wounded and bulldozes them into a shallow grave.
    As is the standard with many citizens in need of reform, you have a incorrect understanding of not only why, but how we perform our duties in and after operations.

We're not so heartless as to leave our wounded to suffer in the streets. I personally sent three brave Omni-Tek employees to reclaim in Borealis today. It was compassion with the muzzle of my weapons.

As for bulldozing bodies, I challenge you to provide one shred of creditable evidence of any such event occurring.
    Doctor "Caduceous" Dei
    Omni-Pol Tactical Field Surgeon

I gotta better idea. How about you pucker up those lips of yours and kiss my <expletive deleted>!

I'm not here to make nice chit-chat with you Omni-pol toddlers. I'm sick of your self-righteous responses, and giving you indignant replies.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Its all said and done now so this is a day late and a dollar short. Some very well respected military genius all have a version of the same: Make your enemy come to you on ground of your own choosing at the time that you choose.

We the clan, are a surprise, how many will show up, with what weapons etc etc. BFF has picked the ground and the time of their choosing. The rest was up to us.

Congrats to all that showed the Clan Spirit.