Thread: Smug Den Elite Dailies-- Make individual kill missions

Smug Den Elite Dailies-- Make individual kill missions

The elite Smuggler's Den dailies all require you to kill a series of mobs, in a specific order, for completion. This is problematic as there are usually a lot of people doing the daily and catching the right number of X mob up can, at certain times of the day, take forever.

Please reformat this daily such that each of the mobs in the series is its own mission, similar to the Sergeant Marion Sweet (Experimental Cyborg Token Board) quests where you have to kill 5 Banished Con Men, 5 Delerict Gunmen and 5 Exiled Raiders. This would also make the whole experience more conducive to teaming since it won't matter where someone else is in the chain.. the kills will still count towards your set of missions.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

I'd imagine there'd be a complication when it comes to completing them - you can see how separate missions would affect the lockout. If this happens, each mission would have to have a separate return mission with two stages - turn all missions in at once, to get another one for your reward/lockout.
    I'm Batman.

I'm sure there's a simple way around that.. and if they need to change it so you have to return to agency to 'complete' the daily.. that would be better than the way it works now.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

It's really simple, they already do it for prisoner daily. The daily itself is only going to talk to the Warden, but you can keep repulling the prisoner daily. Make the Mantis daily give you all these separate missions, and each time you complete one it updates the main mission.

something needs to happen to that daily, it can take 10 minutes, or it can take 2 damn hours. I know they shortened the queens respawn iirc it used to be well over an hour. The regular mobs you need to kill, there is only 5 there for half of them and they take forever to respawn. Then someone comes in with their 220 and OD's you on them instead of trying to team up and just runs ahead, so every group you wait to re-pop can possible get jacked again by someone else, or you just keep moving on to the next spot to wait 20 minutes for the 5 things to re-spawn and hope no-one caught up to you to jack your spawns... it goes on, but its frustrating as hell to say the least.

hmm.. Nice idea.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

The quests inside team Dark Ruins are similar - you are given 3 missions, if you only want to complete one of them you have to delete the other two for the timer on all of them to restart. As long as you know that there is no problem.
    Trypha - 220/30/70 Engineer - General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypothecary - 220/30/69 Doctor
    Trypocalypse - 220/30/70 Soldier
    Tryptophy - 220 Crat

"Most people would rather die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell

Dark Ruins is instanced and that is the best solution.

Make Smuglers Den instanced as well and all problems will dissappear.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

If its instanced, you cant meet people to team up to help you in the mishs.
    Its funny how traditional biologists seek mechanisms avidly, but still assert that biology cannot be treated like a machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Duc-Esteban View Post
    If its instanced, you cant meet people to team up to help you in the mishs.
    I meet people in there all the time, but they are never on the same place in the mission and dont want to wait around for re-pops, or I meet people that want to OD you on whatever your fighting so they can get their quest done.

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    Make Smuglers Den instanced as well and all problems will dissappear.
    It already has multipled GS's, what more do you want.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Same mechanics as in DR or S7 (when new team enters they have "fresh" instance only for them).

You would meet outside or in Bor and every person in team gets to the same instance.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming View Post
    I'd imagine there'd be a complication when it comes to completing them - you can see how separate missions would affect the lockout. If this happens, each mission would have to have a separate return mission with two stages - turn all missions in at once, to get another one for your reward/lockout.
    They already did it for the quest that gives you the prototype cyborg token board and for the first stage of the Bronto Burger nano quest line.

You either get a mission telling you to kill 3 different type of mobs (the hacker / cracker mobs) or 3 different missions (the raiders mobs) and there is no specific order in which you need to kill them.

However, the missions is incomplete until you manage to kill all required mobs. So you turn all missions in at once.

Also, the Mantis daily is already split in stages that each give XP on completing each stage. So no need to turn in the missions individually.
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

if you think its right as it is now then go there near the very first levels when you can get those missions and do it selfbuffed and without your uber220...

never mind, i see what is your problem with changing the current mechanics

but some people cant / dont want to do that way and its rather annoying if a higher lvl player just runs past ignoring you, the better part is you just gotta wait for repop, the worse when it pulls 5 red mobs on you and /wave in the tunnel.

those elite missions used to give a higher xp reward for killing significantly harder stuff... logging a level x+1 toon to steamroll on em is not that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by kispeter View Post
    if you think its right as it is now then go there near the very first levels when you can get those missions and do it selfbuffed and without your uber220...

never mind, i see what is your problem with changing the current mechanics

but some people cant / dont want to do that way and its rather annoying if a higher lvl player just runs past ignoring you, the better part is you just gotta wait for repop, the worse when it pulls 5 red mobs on you and /wave in the tunnel.

those elite missions used to give a higher xp reward for killing significantly harder stuff... logging a level x+1 toon to steamroll on em is not that hard.
    This suggestion has nothing to do with idiots or rtards.
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.