Thread: Test patch

Test patch

Anyone tried out the MP changes @ test yet? :O Super curious if my concerns about pet squishyness are true :S
    RK
    Roxburry 220/30/70 Cratz0r
    Roxbury 220/25/70 Shadez0r
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

I'd love a thread about this from our professions, so we can start a discussion. I'm extra curious about the changes, and might revive my MP.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

MPs got some love. I dueled my buddy who had a 220 nanomage MP with x2 shields on.... said he had about 4800 static deff.

My shade is trox MR who has about 5.1k AR w/ MR and drains up, could not kill him... I am actually not sure what CAN kill an MP... maybe luck that he's not paying attention? Everytime I popped MR, he would just use the new nano that transfers dmg to pets. Then use the 5k absorbs.... and I would maybe get him to 3/4 HP when MR is over.

My opinion, if played right. They can be very very good. He also tanked about 3 fixers in the miners pvp zone for a solid 2 minutes before actually dying.

Awesome, So MPs are nolonger nerfest?
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Bye, pistols

Problem with MR versus the 100% DtP nano is that the MR pops back up just before the nano does possibly 5-10 seconds short. So the second time one can pop MR and you arent ready for it in a different way you will indeed die very likely
    That said though, shields are indeed defencively very nice but it cuts u just as hard in ur offence, maybe shades with their semi low hp would die but an Enforcer is a bit tougher. Ill immediatly say im probably pretty bad at playing around with the shields but i died a couple of times against one out there.
    So yes defencive is very nice but its not the end solution in every fight.

On the note however of no longer being the nerfest, id say definitely not, i dont yet know what prof will fit those criteria in this update but my guess would go out to NT or Trader
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Georgesmith View Post
    Awesome, So MPs are nolonger nerfest?
    Only if you are shield. Any other possibility is still the nerfest.
    Last edited by lainbr; Aug 16th, 2014 at 23:56:05.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Tried to not ask but failed, dual Zset must surely be unintended no?
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

I've asked the Devs if it's intended and have not heard back. I think it probably is intentional though, for a couple of reasons. First, it seems a bit unlikely that Genele would unintentionally modify Shield of Esa from Left Hand only to right hand or left hand. Second, it actually seems pretty balanced. Dual SoZ gives us very good defense, but easily the worst damage output of any profession in any reasonable setup. The old SoZ allowed use of the staff nano pet buffs, and the attack pet AR buff actually make a pretty big difference in how much damage our frog does. The loss of the 11% healing efficiency on the heal pet is noticeable too. SoZ also had an 80% TS 20% 2hb attack rating, which could allow nano-feast and bot confinement to land, against 8% TS and 2% 1hb now. PvP SoZ setups historically have pushed for very high nano-skills to land those perks along with Starfall.

MPs are going to be tough to kill with 2x SoZ, but I doubt we'll be able to kill any profession either. We can probably be a bit annoying in team situations spamming damage debuffs and ENSD once a minute, and will be good at capping in BS, but other than that we really won't be a PvP threat. It's nice for soloing tough monsters in PvM though - even if it is glacially slow and requires terminating and re-casting the frog repeatedly in most instances.

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    Only if you are shield. Any other possibility is still the nerfest.
    I'm curious to why you'd think this, to me the DtP nano seems to favor weapon setups far more than any shield setup.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey View Post
    I'm curious to why you'd think this, to me the DtP nano seems to favor weapon setups far more than any shield setup.
    It does, however the loss of Sacrificial Shielding and severe nerf to NSD hurt weapon builds more than shield builds. Net, it's probably a slight gain for weapon builds, but not by that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey View Post
    To be sincere, I havent really tested MPs on end level. But considering pet squishness, considering you dont have enough defense, considering we actually lost 200 AAD and it hurts weapon MPs a lot, considering nerf of NSD in while both removers are still around: Bow MPs are still in the situation where we need to kill our targets during SS duration, or else we die like a fly.
    On the other hand: maybe the Sacrifical Bond + our damage debuff does their work. (Mental self note: go test it extensively )
    PVMwise, it is probably a small solo and team improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinSane4 View Post
    It does, however the loss of Sacrificial Shielding and severe nerf to NSD hurt weapon builds more than shield builds. Net, it's probably a slight gain for weapon builds, but not by that much.
    Word!
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink

Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with

Okay. I gonna back my word on Weapon MPs bein still the nerfest.
    Just runned around at Miners and did some rusty pvp.

The results where: If it is a 1 vs 1 fight, it is almost always a tight fight. SS is enough to survive those nasty ganks and Sacrifical Bond + Debuffs are almost enough for SS cd. And since Weap MPs actualy does damage, thats enough for most fights. Tested with: Enfos, Advs, Keepers, Soldiers and MPs.

wish they would make the shield not count as a weapon, so you could dual wield with 1-handed weap and it would not slow down DD, be it ranged or otherwise

i prefer spear in other hand myself in terms of looks, like the movie 300, but then shoot nanos out of the spear.
    Last edited by orochi3; Aug 17th, 2014 at 06:19:29.
    Garden keys can be bought from the key locked garden vendor in case you have deleted your key.

Did all shields change to l/r hand and are duel wieldable now or is that only for the top ones?