Thread: Weird Looking Nano Crystals Now Require Shadowland Expansion

Weird Looking Nano Crystals Now Require Shadowland Expansion

I noticed on a few and now it appears all the old "Improved RK Nano" that would upload from a Weird Looking Nano Crystal now require Shadowlands Expansion to use.

I re-read the Test-Live update notes and did not see anywhere that this change was announced. So froobs can no longer upload any of the weird looking nano crystals? That seems significant enough to warrant disclosing in the update notes. I assume it is as intended since all the nano programs had to be re-written & the RK versions renamed.

Who knows how many people paid large amounts of credits or spent many hours in dungeons for these weird looking nano crystals only to have them useless on their froob toons.

As a separate question ... What happens to all the nano programs that were "removed from the game"? Will our bank copies disappear?

Emma

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    As a separate question ... What happens to all the nano programs that were "removed from the game"? Will our bank copies disappear?

Emma

I'm not sure if some dissapear, atleast some items are deleted...

The nanos and ids become different item that has no value, really nice touch from FC again...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Oh wow I hadn't noticed this part. Can froob accounts even access test to check this? What happens to froobs that already bought and uploaded the nanos? My Froob fixer has all the Fixer ones and if those have been deleted...

Wait, what am I saying? It has been made perfectly clear over and over by various means that the current Dev team hates froobs. Hates them thoroughly. Just looking at the other Fixer changes is clear enough to me that yeah, they'll yank all these nanos off Froobs and not give a damn.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Yes, they can access Testlive. You just cant copy your toons anymore. Testlive has all your toons from the merge test back in 2013 tho

Shadow Atlantians

= Tikra :: 220 Advy (Inf Hater) | Inevitable :: 220 Crat (Hunting stuffz) | Gotnobuffs :: 210 MP (TS Totem) | Atlantiana :: 200 Solja (Clueless Blondie) =
    = Unabletonuke :: 160 NT (Kitehill Victim) | Aliumeater :: 150 MA (S10 Citizen) | Canhazcalms :: 100 Froob Crat (Foremans Slave) | Canhazbaffs :: 163 Froob Agent (Buffbox) =

PVM all the way

Aha cheers. This weekend when I get some time I'll see about fixing my currrently-broken TL client to check the state of my froob fixer over there.

Nahuatl
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    Silentmotion
    The Union

I didn't happen to have loaded any weird nano's onto my froobs as of the copy of toons to test live for the server merge ...

However, I was able to cast weird doctor nano's my paid doctor has onto my froob toons. So froobs can't cast them, but it seems they can be cast upon them.

Emma

I just don't understand FC's thinking. If you want to entice froobs to go paid, you offer them the carrot, not beat them with the stick...

Well when I can get on this weekend I'll see if I can cast them. Unless someone else can do that sooner.

Nahuatl
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    Silentmotion
    The Union

Last edited by Brampfine; Aug 14th, 2014 at 04:48:53.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. [attributed to Albert Einstein]