Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Longshot

Longshot - bugged

Ok... the new rifle Longshot has a DefSkills as Flags 100%

What is this DefSkill called Flags? and why do I continue to miss Level 220 mobs 100% of the time.. except when I do an AS?

Attack rating is 1135

Is this rifle bugged?
    Last edited by Jennii; Nov 24th, 2002 at 16:12:15.
    Jennii
    Unit Member - Storm
    Jenestria
    Gumpp
    Gridchik

"Only n00bs whine about twinks"

Yes it is bugged, I talked to ARK and they said It will be fixed as soon as possible

May I ask where this rifle can be obtained? It appears that its a nice weapon (or will be after the fix).

Originally posted by Bilespawn
    May I ask where this rifle can be obtained? It appears that its a nice weapon (or will be after the fix).
    Here and there, actually. You can find it on some human mobs, about level 220, (not sure which) in Wailing Wastes and some in Avalon.

Since it is not a Quest reward and it is only agents that can use it so I doubt prices will be high for these rifles as they seem to drop pretty often.

That sounds good. Not too hard to get then. Thank you for the info Real Mean Destructiva.

Originally posted by Real Mean Destructiva

Since it is not a Quest reward and it is only agents that can use it so I doubt prices will be high for these rifles as they seem to drop pretty often.
    The longshot comes in two versions. The Agent only version http://v020u46eff.maximumasp.com/AOD...sp?AOID=203574 that has additional mods on it and the cheap version that has zero mods on it http://v020u46eff.maximumasp.com/AOD...p?AOID=203573.
    Last edited by Promoo; Nov 25th, 2002 at 10:55:54.
    Promoo - Agent, Clan on Rimor
    Still alive but now dressed in spandex and called Big Gun in CoH
    Keeper Of Tiggy

Happy Tree Friends - The best animation on the web

Its quite hillarious when we get a new rifle, it got max dmg (500), which is about min dmg for some of the new weapons other proffs got, what a joke......
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

did anybody already obtain the ql 199 version ? if yes, could you confirm if the 1k aimed shot req in jaydhe's db is a bug or the actual requirement ?
    while 1k rifle isnt that hard to get, 1k aimed shot means pretty much noone xcept an agent can use it out of OE..

that's what it's there for... ql200 is agent only, ql199 has identical dmg, but can be used by any prof - provided they meet the AS req. I believe FC meant it to be an über-rifle, to soothe the 'every prof's using a x-3' problem in their own peculiar way.

disagree

with scope modifier, implants and tts, most profesion could still get it equiped if thtey want too.

This last patch, it now works.... but X-3 is still better
    Jennii
    Unit Member - Storm
    Jenestria
    Gumpp
    Gridchik

yes, that's what i meant - agents can wield theirs w/o any troubles whatsoever, for other profs it takes considerable effort.

i mean, who implants AS right now?

Hmm, according to damage calculator, this weapon supposedly does higher regular damage than X-3....

And higher minimum damage too.
    Captain Sparkyd Kirk

Proud Unit Commander of Band of Brothers
    Über® Equipment - Courtesy of Auno.org

An agent with a GPH?? WTH, since when do you even cast nanos?? - Random tell

No longer playing.

It does do higher regular damage and a higher min damage than the X-3. But when the X-3 crit thats it. The Longshot loses ground there.

Get to about 12% Crit chance and they are tied. below that the Longshot wins, above that the X-3 wins.

Then you go and use your 100% crit buff or the 15-30% Crit buff.

Originally posted by Xeni
    disagree

with scope modifier, implants and tts, most profesion could still get it equiped if thtey want too.
    yes, but the point is keeping it out of OE. using a high scope isnt a viable option since you would have to stay at full aggro.

The point is that its not a really good rifle at all, its only marginally better than X-3 with low critchance vs mobs. Pvp like its useless..
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

Acting on a hunch, I checked up the db...

I found:
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?cmd=view&id=203574&t=ag
    and
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?cmd=view&id=157661&t=ag

All they did was make it slower, up min/max dmg some, reduce the crit mod, range and clip. and add a few mods.
    That's right, it's nothing more than an Alsaqri for ppl with a couple IP tossed into RI.
    Bah!
    Buford Hitokage Matt

Explorer 73% | Socializer 66% | Achiever 33% | Killer 26%
    -

Don't fear the night...
    fear the ones hiding in it.
    -

"Jesus is coming - Look busy"
    -

"Im not Uber. Im your common joe. Im level 178 and untitled. I never had a title and I never really cared whether I got one. All I really wanted was to have fun, learn new stuff and put my creativity to some use." - PhiliosPhreak

I'd really like to see more agent only rifles, and not broken pieces of crap. Real rifles? Come on funcom, we're agents, not little kids playing with BB guns.
    Thanks,
    Jen

Originally posted by Jennii
    This last patch, it now works.... but X-3 is still better
    After further testing. In Mimic trader, with a plunder and deprive running... this guns is much better than the X-3 in PVM, although I have yet to test it out in PVP.

But you'll have to play as a trader to get the better results. It consistantly hits harder than the X-3. Average hits seem to be above 1000 or more, whereas the X-3 seems not to improve with those same drains running. Crits were a little over 3000k. With those same drains running, the X-3 crits were around 3800-3900. But the average damage of 600ish of the X-3 is over taken with a lot of damage counts around 1200-1600 of the Longshot.

These are just my experiences after playing with it for a night of missions. I also threw that Zasataba in against it, but the results were not enough to even mention.
    Jennii
    Unit Member - Storm
    Jenestria
    Gumpp
    Gridchik

well, actually the only reason i ( and probably most other people) are interested in the longshot is that its something new not everyone has yet.

ps: jennii, isnt it a pain in the a** for an agent to keep both drains running ? with my trader its bad enough already, instacasting them. but then, you probably wont keep a wrangle running so that might make up for it..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast