Anarchy Online Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Anarchy Online Bulletin Board > Community forums > Profession Academies > Workshop (Engineer)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old Jan 31st, 2003, 02:01:07   #1
Diline
Phear Leet
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Exclamation Races/selfcasting

Heya, I got a eng and wondering what lvl each race can selfcast the slayer class droid/and those warbots i think

also can u tell me if eachr ace can selfcast a lvl 200 salyerdriod?
Diline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2003, 04:48:58   #2
Lyricia
Engineer Professional
 
Lyricia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
I'm a solitus Engie and I could self-cast a Slayerdroid Guardian(Ql200) at level 196 without any items that drop from unique mobs and without towers(this was before Notum Wars was released). If you are a Nanomage, have nice unique items, towers that boost MC and TS, or any combination then you will be self-casting a Guardian earlier. That is self-casting, wrangles and MP buffs will help you get one earlier.

Warbots: It has been a while but I *think* I was between 100-110 when I began self-casting them(I may be off its been a while). If you are a Nanomage, have nice unique items, towers that boost MC and TS, or any combination then you will be self-casting a Warbot earlier(sound familiar?). I hope that helps


Here is a link to my Engie Pet Guide for some more info
__________________
Advisor of First Light
Tradeskill How-To's, Engineer Profession Guides, and Jello Wrestling at The Tir School of Engineering
Confused by Alien Tech? Check out my Alien Invasion Guides

New to Engineering? Try HighOrbit's Engineer Guide. Thanks HighOrbit
Lyricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2003, 05:19:46   #3
____________Edvieira
Supa Leet
 
____________Edvieira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
I worked out the math on my char and its currently possible to self-cast the highest slayer at level 162 being nanogimp.
The big problem is that you need a lot of uber loot (+20 pvh vest, nelebs, shades, 2 eggs, corruption towers)
____________Edvieira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2003, 06:24:51   #4
__________Munchausen
Supa Leet
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
I selfcast at 157 prior to NW. If you are a member of a great guild you can prolly knock it down to 150ish as a nanomage providing that you have all the nanoskill items. If you are poor, I would go with soli or even trox. If you are a rich twink in a good guild, I would go with nanomage.
__________________
Tashia Munchausen Age, RK-2 Clan Engie, El Presidente of EcoDisaster.
Munchausen's EE Layout
Sill the best starter guide for making towers

“Computer games don’t affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us…we’d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music”. Krisitan Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989.
__________Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2003, 12:02:44   #5
Krabbus
Mechanic Leet
 
Krabbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
At level 168 (Solitus) I can selfcast slayer transference (856 MC/TS) and Slayerdroid Protector (QL193) but I need access to org.advantages (QL50, +7 MC/TS) and my tower QL80ish (+12 MC/TS).

I got following stuff to buff up to slayer shape (really boring):
- 1xVirral Egg (+3)
- Nelebs (+8)
- 2xOET Jess (+8)
- Basics (+20)
- Towers (+12)
- Org.Advantages (+7)
- Full suit of sekutek/dillon, could be better... (+6)
- General boosts (+3)



At level 109 I remember I could selfcast my Feeble Warbot with QL125 imps or so? don't remember really...
__________________
Krabbus - Engineer in game and outside. Both working their ass off for almost 4 years...


This account was cancelled at:
2004-09-18 01:57:53
It will remain playable until : 2004-??-?? ??:??:??
Reason: this game is turning more and more into a work... call it my second work if you'd like.

Last edited by Krabbus; Jan 31st, 2003 at 12:05:15..
Krabbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2003, 13:36:28   #6
gonegone
People are strange
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Quote:
Originally posted by Munchausen
I selfcast at 157 prior to NW. If you are a member of a great guild you can prolly knock it down to 150ish as a nanomage providing that you have all the nanoskill items. If you are poor, I would go with soli or even trox. If you are a rich twink in a good guild, I would go with nanomage.
We're all using same skills and math I hope? Without towers/org advs, at level 157, with 200 plants, you will have "base" MC/TS at *about* 775ish (plus/minus 5, I don't remember exactly). That is, once again, your base, plus implants. Now please enlighten me, how in the world do you get that to 874, even with *every* availible MC/TS buffing item on Rka?
Don't get me wrong, I am really curious to know

On a side note: I don't really see the point of self/or not selfcasting guardian, as I don't really use pet that much, nor do many engineers I meet. Keep a 187 or 190 'droid shell ready in inv, just in case there's an add/rat or two on ya, pop the shell, use taunt trimmer, and get rid of the adds aggro. Thats the only use for the pet, since I would never use it to kill a mob - slow and boring.
__________________
Papabear 'Prejudiced' Primakoff
RK1 Clan Godfather

~ Made a career parallel to AO ~

Last edited by Primakoff; Jan 31st, 2003 at 13:38:43..
gonegone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2003, 14:31:32   #7
_______________Nooki
Soleet
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Quote:
Originally posted by Krabbus
At level 168 (Solitus) I can selfcast slayer transference (856 MC/TS) and Slayerdroid Protector (QL193) but I need access to org.advantages (QL50, +7 MC/TS) and my tower QL80ish (+12 MC/TS).

I got following stuff to buff up to slayer shape (really boring):
- 1xVirral Egg (+3)
- Nelebs (+8)
- 2xOET Jess (+8)
- Basics (+20)
- Towers (+12)
- Org.Advantages (+7)
- Full suit of sekutek/dillon, could be better... (+6)
- General boosts (+3)


OK I am a Solitus as well in my mid 150s. With the base ability caps coming at level 158 or so, and title caps arriving at level 161/162, were you able to get the same results at 162 or did something change between 162 and 168?
__________________
Mocham free since February 2003.
Maestro dependent since January 2003.
Honestly, that traders are the owners of the tradeskill buffs should not be a major point of complaint. - Munchausen
_______________Nooki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2003, 18:43:54   #8
____________Edvieira
Supa Leet
 
____________Edvieira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Quote:
Originally posted by Primakoff


Without towers/org advs, at level 157, with 200 plants, you will have "base" MC/TS at *about* 775ish (plus/minus 5, I don't remember exactly). That is, once again, your base, plus implants. Now please enlighten me, how in the world do you get that to 874, even with *every* availible MC/TS buffing item on Rka?
Don't get me wrong, I am really curious to know
Buffs 23
Org advantages 15
Corruption tower 25
nelebs 8
pvh vest 20
eggs and shades 8
TOTAL= 99
that should get you to 874
____________Edvieira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2003, 19:48:11   #9
Krabbus
Mechanic Leet
 
Krabbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Quote:
Originally posted by Nooki
OK I am a Solitus as well in my mid 150s. With the base ability caps coming at level 158 or so, and title caps arriving at level 161/162, were you able to get the same results at 162 or did something change between 162 and 168?
Didn't do anything special, except that I raised my pistol skills to wield 2xOET Jess, and bought all the clothes I needed... so I could do it at 160ish when my MC/TS capped.
__________________
Krabbus - Engineer in game and outside. Both working their ass off for almost 4 years...


This account was cancelled at:
2004-09-18 01:57:53
It will remain playable until : 2004-??-?? ??:??:??
Reason: this game is turning more and more into a work... call it my second work if you'd like.
Krabbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2003, 20:18:00   #10
Elbo
Master of Tradeskills RK2
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Quote:
Originally posted by Edvieira


Buffs 23
Org advantages 15
Corruption tower 25
nelebs 8
pvh vest 20
eggs and shades 8
TOTAL= 99
that should get you to 874
At 150 you should have 610 base in Comp lit without implants easy.
QL184 Krutt queen +24 to comp lit.
+ 20 general
Engi Salesmen hat +10 I believe in Comp Lit.

You should be able to plant a QL184 mininum corruption tower for +28 MC/TS which could get you in even earlier if you have a lower PVH vest etc.

Shades/Eggs and some sekutek armor would raise this up perhaps enough to hit QL200 800 comp lit / 500 nano programming. This would give you +30 MC/TS

Equiping 2 Galahad Inc. T70 Beyer which is very helpful would get you +40 in comp lit. Easy enough for riot control and if you use Khans already you should have spent the IP for burst.

Of course if you are lower in comp lit then you should have your QL200 implants and that would just give you +200 +610 base +general and presto your at the QL184 +28 MC/TS tower.

Getting into a QL200 towers at 150 isnt a problem.
__________________
Elbo - LVL 220 Top of the line: Supreme Creator Engineer

Making 5 Gem Saba Bracers! Give tell in game!
Crat - LVL 209! Doc - LVL 170,MA - LVL 106,Fixer - LVL 103,Keeper - LVL 140,, MP - LVL 109, Shade - LVL 165
QFT: 1800+. EE: 2400+. ME: 2400+. Chem: 1800+ WS: 1900+. Psychology: 1800 Pharm: 1800

Making QL300 AI Armor and Weapons!

Elbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2003, 20:34:57   #11
Maimgara
Boldly Going Nowhere.
 
Maimgara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Selfcasting Guardian/Aegis/Null Space at 172, can be done much earlier (no eggs / pvh vest, I'm poor)
__________________
Maimgara - Supreme Creator, The Renaissance - RK2
[Thedeacon]: As for the "high level n00b" part....Hey, I don't care if they level up....puts them in pvp range quicker.
Maimgara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2003, 22:10:35   #12
Krabbus
Mechanic Leet
 
Krabbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Quote:
Originally posted by Maimgara
Selfcasting Guardian/Aegis/Null Space at 172, can be done much earlier (no eggs / pvh vest, I'm poor)
ehe? what QL towers
__________________
Krabbus - Engineer in game and outside. Both working their ass off for almost 4 years...


This account was cancelled at:
2004-09-18 01:57:53
It will remain playable until : 2004-??-?? ??:??:??
Reason: this game is turning more and more into a work... call it my second work if you'd like.
Krabbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2003, 21:11:46   #13
Maimgara
Boldly Going Nowhere.
 
Maimgara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
140.

But I'm using Neleb's / Int Boost to get there.

Btw, ql 247 Metaphysics org advantage helps loads
__________________
Maimgara - Supreme Creator, The Renaissance - RK2
[Thedeacon]: As for the "high level n00b" part....Hey, I don't care if they level up....puts them in pvp range quicker.
Maimgara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2003, 14:49:11   #14
__________Munchausen
Supa Leet
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Quote:
Originally posted by Primakoff


We're all using same skills and math I hope? Without towers/org advs, at level 157, with 200 plants, you will have "base" MC/TS at *about* 775ish (plus/minus 5, I don't remember exactly). That is, once again, your base, plus implants. Now please enlighten me, how in the world do you get that to 874, even with *every* availible MC/TS buffing item on Rka?
Don't get me wrong, I am really curious to know

On a side note: I don't really see the point of self/or not selfcasting guardian, as I don't really use pet that much, nor do many engineers I meet. Keep a 187 or 190 'droid shell ready in inv, just in case there's an add/rat or two on ya, pop the shell, use taunt trimmer, and get rid of the adds aggro. Thats the only use for the pet, since I would never use it to kill a mob - slow and boring.
Prior to NW, I did it with ...
2 Eggs
1 20 PVH Vest
1 Gaily Painted Hood (shades would have been fine)
1 200 Khan (Tsuyoshi in offhand, although not needed)
Nelebs, 200 imps, all self boosts/expertises.

That was at 157. I was able to take on and off the guns at 162 i think, so I was only a gimp damage wise for a few levels. Because you can get about 45 or so more with NW than you could before - and also you have more int armors... I think you could do it pre t5, although I haven't worked out the math, you might be short because of ips...

I like to selfcast because I can solo w/o begging and also I do a lot of two person teaming. This also helps get around pet pathing problems when you need to move the pet a long distance. Also, in fighting uniques, you don't have to keep room for MP buffs (although you do if you want to recast AR buffs...)
__________________
Tashia Munchausen Age, RK-2 Clan Engie, El Presidente of EcoDisaster.
Munchausen's EE Layout
Sill the best starter guide for making towers

“Computer games don’t affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us…we’d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music”. Krisitan Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989.
__________Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2003, 16:16:38   #15
gonegone
People are strange
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Quote:
Originally posted by Munchausen


Also, in fighting uniques, you don't have to keep room for MP buffs (although you do if you want to recast AR buffs...)
Exactly, and this negates everything else...the boost AR has insane 963 reqs which you will never selfcast pre-tl6 anyway (or even after tl6? I wouldn't know). This particular issue drives me mad, even more so than the pathing issue, really.
__________________
Papabear 'Prejudiced' Primakoff
RK1 Clan Godfather

~ Made a career parallel to AO ~
gonegone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2003, 09:34:19   #16
__________Munchausen
Supa Leet
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Understandable - I can selfcast the 963 at 195 but I rarely if ever do it, because in missions its not important and on raids, I can get mochams/wrangle. Engies do take in the shorts on the reliance on other profs skill buffs.
__________________
Tashia Munchausen Age, RK-2 Clan Engie, El Presidente of EcoDisaster.
Munchausen's EE Layout
Sill the best starter guide for making towers

“Computer games don’t affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us…we’d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music”. Krisitan Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989.
__________Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 21:28:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © Funcom 1999 - 2006