Page 1 of 39 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Name Rubi-Ka's Suns Contest

Cool Name Rubi-Ka's Suns Contest

Name Rubi-Ka's Suns Contest

Rubi-Ka's Suns are currently named ZMJ-A and ZMJ-B. I know we can do a lot better than that. So after hearing about the Name Rubi-Ka's Moons Contest the ICC's Galactic Cartography Board has asked for a follow up contest to name our suns.

To enter, all you have to do is place an entry for each sun's name(there are two suns, one yellow and one blue) in this thread. Only one entry for each sun per person. The names must be appropriate to say publicly and the suns can't be named after yourself. However names of *other* people that have done great things for Rubi-Ka are acceptable.

The judging panel will select the best names and submit them to the ICC's Galactic Cartography Board where they will (hopefully) be made the official names of the suns.

The winning entry for each sun's name will receive 10 million credits. That's right! You can win 20 million if both of your entries are selected. The total may even go up if I receive more donations.

This contest is open to ALL of Rubi-Ka's citizens regardless of affiliation. So hurry up and submit your ideas. Remember to post them in this thread.

We have a winner!! Please congratulate Votary on his winning entries of Animus and Amicus
    Last edited by Lyricia; May 14th, 2003 at 03:03:20.
    Advisor of First Light
    Tradeskill How-To's, Engineer Profession Guides, and Jello Wrestling at The Tir School of Engineering
    Confused by Alien Tech? Check out my Alien Invasion Guides

New to Engineering? Try HighOrbit's Engineer Guide. Thanks HighOrbit

Still thinking

I don't have my names chosen yet, but I was curious: Was it just a coincidence that you chose a *Sun*day to select the winning names?

"Rebmu" and of course "Pie"
    General of Apocaylpse

--The Council of Atroxes--
    Power to the Atrox!

Osiris and Set, the two arch-enemy Gods in Ancient Egyptian Mythology.

Osiris being the Blue sun and Set being the yellow sun.

Apollo, the sun god and Starbuck, his faithful wingman.
    Frelle, Euro-Fixer of the Unity of the Rose
    The Ballad of Frelle: Part 1

Solaris for the yellow sun

Pacifica for the blue sun
    Tikon - Forever an MP. Rest in peace my dear old friend.

Remember, Life is a Journey, Not a Destination, So enjoy the ride..

if earths moon doesnt have a name besides moon.. why does rubikas have fancy names

"NoMore"
    "nerfs Plz!"

"It's your life. Keep it up! Keep it real!"

After much deliberation, I think the suns should be named after Rubi-Ka best known and best loved residents, the famous leet duo -

Joo & Ownz
    Last edited by Savoy; Mar 23rd, 2003 at 17:17:46.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Hmm ..

On Rubi-Ka, people tend to shorten everything down as much as possible. Maybe we should have names that sound good after they've been raped by the fashions of communication?

Wait, that's a horrid idea.
    Didymus - Solitus Trader, Member of Instability

Yellow- Phoebus (the true name of Apollo)
    Blue- Phaethon (His son whome parished. He told Apollo if he was truely his father he would let him drive his charriot. Apollo tried to persuade him to withdraw his request but he persisted and died in the attempt to drive his father's charriot)

C and Z

(derive your own symbolism from that one )
    Emiliy Age
    Unit Leader, Foreign Relations
    Speak your heart, don't bite your tongue...

Whisper's Edge | Gridmail | Engy's Workshop | Tir School of Engineering

Bliqz on Shadowlands: "Gonna make it hard to decide who I can and cant eat."

Yellow sun - "That blue 'un"
    Blue sun - "That yeller 'un"

Yellow Sun - Soul's Fire
    Bluesih - Heart's Warmth
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Fa yellow
    Py blue

just a thought

cal
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Originally posted by Papa Bear
    if earths moon doesnt have a name besides moon.. why does rubikas have fancy names
    "There's a moon in the sky and it's called The Moon." - Fred Shneider
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Originally posted by Papa Bear
    Other moons in our solar system have names. Ganamede, IO, Europa to name a few.

((Lyricia, are you going to have a vote for finalists once you get a decent number of suggestions?))
    Emiliy Age
    Unit Leader, Foreign Relations
    Speak your heart, don't bite your tongue...

Whisper's Edge | Gridmail | Engy's Workshop | Tir School of Engineering

Bliqz on Shadowlands: "Gonna make it hard to decide who I can and cant eat."

The obvious answer would be Rimor (yellow) and Atlantean (blue), named after the first colonists vessels- if it wasn't for the fact that the dimensions are named as such.... But in an RP sense, there are no named "dimensions".

Romulus and Remus-
    would work well, sticks with a roman theme, kind of an analogy for Omni/Clan....

-D
    ===============
    First Order S.S.S.C.
    ===============

Alyssa and David
    Free Souls
    --------------------------
    Rubi-Ka for the neutrals! And xp for tradeskills!
    Rimor Roleplay Channel (/tell Nrpb !join)
    -------------------------
    OUT OF BUSINESS!
    Mummu's Sound Bag v1.19; A custom Voice Pack for Notum Wars now working with 15.7 html chat system!

Page 1 of 39 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast