Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pain of Patricia Vs Master Engineer Pistol

Pain of Patricia Vs Master Engineer Pistol

I did a comparaison based on Anarchy Mainframe data. Simulated weapon damage for both pistol. Using the default data of 950 AR and 600 Init.

Pain of Patricia

-3s attack / 2.2s recharge
    -Damage : 40-520 (380)

-Average normal hit would be around 920.
    -Average damage in 30 sec : 10880
    -Average damage from special attacks in 30 Sec : 3843
    -Average total damage in 30 sec : 13923.

Solar-Powered Master Engineer Pistol

-1.7s attack/ 1.2s recharge
    -Damage : 120-420 (320)

-Average normal hit would be around 912.
    -Average total damage in 30 sec (no special attack): 14385

Can't wait to get it
    Last edited by Aguitha; Jun 18th, 2003 at 16:03:28.
    Aguitha, Engineer
    Cratisha, Bureaucrat

POP
    - Average normal hit would be around 920
    - Average damage in 30 sec : 10880

Solar
    -Average normal hit would be around 912.
    -Average total damage in 30 sec (no special attack): 14385

But (I am 190+ and i have 950+ in AR and 950+ in RI) as i can see i spend my time to miss, hit, miss, hit, hit, miss, miss on mobs except some green mobs...only specials (burst+fling) hit in 100% so i prefer POP ... not same on pvp hit more times but not 100%.

Mmm dual weild...
    Highorbit - Supreme Creator - Atlantean - 205 - Armour
    Andrele - Sorcerer - Atlantean
    Simarion - General - Atlantean - 200
    Zendia - Doctor - Atlantean
    Roanna - Preserver - Atlantean
    Littleorbit - Priest - Atlantean

Shameless Self Advertising: Engineer Guide

I like the higher low end for unique's and such. Plus it does radiation damage.

anyways *dreams*
    Just because I have a metalic jaw, doesn't mean I've ever been in a 007 movie.

POP is in my hand ... MEP is in my dreams.

Arrow

Pain of Patricia + Master Engineer Pistol > Pain of Patricia Vs Master Engineer Pistol

Parasitic Hecataleech + MEP is better at full def though (probably another IS gun)
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Originally posted by Mercatura
    Pain of Patricia + Master Engineer Pistol > Pain of Patricia Vs Master Engineer Pistol

Parasitic Hecataleech + MEP is better at full def though (probably another IS gun)
    You can reach 822 in MultiDual not too short (expensive ips too) ? ( http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=206047 )

How do you dual POP+MEP ?

POP : right and left hand but 1,1k in multi.
    MEP : right hand only and 800 in multi.

So you equip MEP in right hand and after POP in left hand ? But i thought that for dualing the requirement took left hand not right hand ?

You place the PoP in your left hand and then put he MEP in your right.

Luckily AO doesn't discriminate lefties
    Rosbif Advocate for the enslavement of Octodogs as an alternative form of energy.

whichever weapon has lower multi requirement determines if 2nd weapon can be equipped.

"higher" (or unreasonably high) is considered to be "main" weapon.

Left or right hand play no role.

Now, on Anarchy Mainframe, don't forget to play with Target AC. Checking damage against Leet in backyard (AC 0) isn't all that useful. :-)

So, numbers for Full Defensive, AR 950, Init 950, Target AC 10000, Duration 120sec:
    PoP: 14297 (normal) + 6819 (special) = 21116 (29 normal hits)
    MEP: 18468 (normal) (42 hits)

Now, when dual wielding, specials recharge as fast as single wield, but number of hits drops by 23% (calculated number based on MAs boards and guides wheres 1/1 weapon does 26 hits per minute, and dual wielded 1/1 does 20 hits each weapon) but both attacks are added up.

Dual Wield:
    PoP hits 22 times (11,008 + 6,819 damage)
    MET hits 32 times (14,220 damage)
    Total: 32,047
    (used burst skill 700 and fling skill 400)

Now we can play around with same settings for other unique weapons for other professions, but at a glance, it's hard to reach these numbers for these settings. I guess full def, target AC 10000 may be good setting for outdoor uniques / PvP.

Conclusion: PoP + MEP is too powerful, and we should keep quiet about it, or else it's gonna get nerfed.

Cheers,

Wrigz
    (157 doc, 135 engi, 133 fixer, 130 agent, 88 ma, and a handful of others)

Arrow

You can reach 822 in MultiDual not too short (expensive ips too) ?
    You only need 800 to dual the MEP with whatever, just be sure to do the legchopper quest and pick up a subway ring.

Use a temp faded eye to do the last bit, its not like you would be taking it off that often given the MEP buffs core tradeskills better than almost anything else. (and even so you would be getting SFA anyways)

Extra skill from refined implants (MR/Run/Rifle L-wrist is really common crap loot) azure gloves, agi/int boosting etc can't hurt.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

its not MEP vs. PoP, both guns have different purposes. while the PoP with its high dmg, heavy specials and very high multiwield reqs is a typical mainhand gun, the MEP is obviously an offhand gun. and if it ever will make it into the game, its the by far best we'v seen so far. low multi reqs, very good base dmg, not projectile dmg. it only has flingshot, but well, you have burst on PoP, FA or AS on pistols would be kinda strange.
    regarding dmg potential: look at what an adventurer does with rop/urop and remember that due to its speed MEP in offhand does more dmg..we sure have a winner here.

ROFLMAO

you guys talk like MEP is going to make it in game.....

(i am the eternal pesimist.. wonder why?)

untill then there are mutant eye lasers (i have yet to find one over ql100), cutomised desert reet (rad damage and seems to work ok as off hand i know a trader who uses it) and then there are ImI desert reets that do chem damage (not sue abut this trying to find a ql125).

Me i just use the PoP atm and throw on another gun for any purpose i feel like..

BTW chk out ring of crawling ants from jacks an infequent popper quest... nice M/R bonus on it.

Originally posted by brioni
    ROFLMAO

you guys talk like MEP is going to make it in game.....

(i am the eternal pesimist.. wonder why?)

untill then there are mutant eye lasers (i have yet to find one over ql100), cutomised desert reet (rad damage and seems to work ok as off hand i know a trader who uses it) and then there are ImI desert reets that do chem damage (not sue abut this trying to find a ql125).

Me i just use the PoP atm and throw on another gun for any purpose i feel like..

BTW chk out ring of crawling ants from jacks an infequent popper quest... nice M/R bonus on it.
    We have the assurances from the Devs that the MEP *will* make it into the game. I, for one, trust their word.

For the record, the Customized Desert Reet does fire damage, not rad damage.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

edit: lol quoted you, and missed the 120s thing, figures are in second post under this one.
    Last edited by Sepulcher; Jun 19th, 2003 at 15:32:22.

I believe the Adventurers discovered that dual-wielding two identical weapons gave you a 33% greater total rate of fire. Finding out just how many times a PoP and the MEP will fire when dual-wielded is likely something we'll only find out by testing them out when the MEP is live.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

with 950 RI

MEP is 1/1

PoP is 1.25/1

So, you can sort of extrapolate:

120/3.25 = 37 total shots

I think Mep Will have around 23 shots
    PoP will have around 14 shots

MeP = 10221
    PoP = 7005 + 6819
    ------------------------
    Total = 24045

However, my math might be a little off.

Its always

Shoot 1
    Shoot 2
    Recharge

So you might have
    wait 1 sec
    shoot first gun
    wait .25 seconds
    shoot second gun
    recharge 1 second

So it might be:
    1.25 + 1 = 2.25 (120/2.25) = 53 shots per second.

But I believe there are still artificial caps on shots per second either way.

Experience with this I used to have, as I used to dual two weapons of different speeds. Alas, I have since forgotten exactly how it feels, but I seem to remember it was probably the slower method. I really don't think both attack bars charge at the same time.

More like:

Wait for attack 1
    Shoot
    Wait for attack 2
    Shoot
    Recharge

So that would add up to the 3.25, or 37 shots per 120s.
    Last edited by Sepulcher; Jun 19th, 2003 at 15:39:48.

The way recharge work is not working as intented i believe. We actually have to wait twice if not more the actual time of reload. At least this is what happening with my Electronicum. Reload is supposed to take 2.29 sec but the actual time is more like 6 to 8 sec. It goes like that.

Shoot... 1.4 sec
    Shoot... 1.4 sec
    Reloading... 3 to 4 sec
    Reload Completed... 3 to 4 sec.
    Shoot... 1.4 sec..

We are far from that 2.29 sec recharge here.
    Aguitha, Engineer
    Cratisha, Bureaucrat

one other interesting consideration (that i might be completely wrong about) ..
    MEP = no clip size or ammo (cause it's solar powered)
    River 6 = no clip size or ammo.

You can run and shoot with a river 6.. I wonder if you can with a mep?
    --Rookie Teh "Wobble" Sux----------------------- AKA-----------------------Pirate "Ninjapirate" Dog--
    -+Legion+-
    WTB ATI T&L fix, h8 D3D.

you're not on full def are you? ^_^

Wobble, if that were true, it would hold the same for the normal solar powered pistol.

I have a feeling your testing is back when the river 6 probably was bugged and used melee init. =O

Can you run with a bow and fire? THey use phys init.

If it is true in the future being able to run with MeP no way in heck I'd dual it with a PoP. Hell, if that were true, my fixer would want one BAAAAAAAD so he can kite.

Solar power pistol results : cannot run and fire, river 6 must have been melee init.
    Last edited by Sepulcher; Jun 19th, 2003 at 16:26:33.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast