Thread: How To - Twink

How To - Twink

There are alot of people out there that think twinking is easy and all it means is that you have money. Just because you have money doesn't mean a thing if you don't know how to spend it. I'm writing this because I have yet to see anything like it on this board, and too many people ask me how it's done when I team with them. Although this art (and it is an art) may soon be extinct, I think most of this will still be usefull for making a generally powerful character. Let me know if I miss something, or what you think.

So you want to start a twink, you need about 2 mil to get everything set.

Step 1. Planning

The different proffesions have completely different stats that they use, so know which ones you need to raise. I highly recommend nano-nanny to be able to see what you want (learn how to use it too). The main components that make up a twink are good implants and high complit. Some things that I think help are Max Health/Nano and Nano pool, AC's, and base skills to what your profession uses.

Step 2. Comp Lit

Once you know what implants you are gonna want to put in, you are going to want to put them to use, but how do you get QL 30 implants on your LvL 8 (yes I know alot of you boast about being able to put QL 50's in at level 6 or whatever but I'm not gonna get into all that). Buffs are the trick, but to get buffs, you need to have the NCU space for them. If you make QL 30 complit implants, and make sure the stats are Agility, you can get your complit around 120, depending on the prof. You have to do it in ladder form because you can't exactly jump up to 120 complit right away. Start out with your 8 NCU's and have your complit maxed. Get "comp lit expertise" (+20) and put on the best you can...you need around 21 NCU altogether. Once you have that first part of the ladder, go get "feline grace" (+25 agi) and the agility boost (+12). This should get your agility to 64 or above, if not, make some lower QL agility implants you can get one for that extra tid bit. Once your Agility is 64 or more, drop those QL 30 complit implants in and get that complit to around 120 (complit maxed + implants + complit expertise + intelligence boost). With it that high, you should be able to get a 3 slot belt and 3 memory chips that will get you to above 50 NCU total (make sure you have at least 50, it makes it easier).

Step 3. Your real implants

The complit implants have now served their purpose. You can take them out and drop them in the bank, sell them, give them to a buddy, etc, because most likely the next time you need some, you will be of a higher level and will need better ones anyway.

So you want to get those super duper implants you made in nano nanny in, but aren't quite sure how. Well here are some pointers. First of all, you will have to make sure most of the reqs are either Stamina or Agility. The reason for this is because those are the stats you can raise most easily. Try switching out some clusters in nanny and re-building until you get the req's you need. Stay away from psychic since you can only boost that. For those of you who use nano's, this is where you will notice that the head implant has to be intelligence. Just make some seperate Intelligence implants (yes a head one) and put them in, boost, and switch out the head one (yea that works). Hopefully if you use nano, the other intelligence nano's will be staying anyway. Anyway, to make a long story short, here are the buffs:

For Agility implants: get Feline Grace (+25) and the boost (+12)

For Stamina and Strength implants: get Iron Cross (+22) and Essence of cyclops (+17) and the boost (+12). (yes there are better essences but I am fitting this in with about 50 NCU) Also, this set of buffs is what you want to drop some nice armor on.

For Intelligence implants: not much here but more implants and the boost.

Sense is a bad one to have....Enhanced Senses (+15) and the boost is all you get.

Psychic is horrible....boost is all.

Treatment shouldn't be too much of an issue but if it is, there is the treatment expertise buff (+20) and the medsuit (+78 altogether). Remember that using the implant machine adds 100 to your treatment.

Once you get those implants in, the stats you use should be looking good That leaves you room to get a +112 wrangle for a nice weapon (50 ncu)...and a repeat of the str/stam buffs if needed for nice armor.

Something you could add if you will be token farming and are gonna stay low (and I recommend farming very much...nothing like hitting level 15 and doubling HP and Nano)...after you get the complit implants in and get your 50+ ncu up, here you can drop some map nav implants in and get at least the people upgrade and a bunch of maps.

That will do it for today, class dismissed
    "Your village called...their idiot is missing"

Psilex (Agent)
    Smokegirl (Nano-tech)
    Tylerdurdon (Bureaucrat)

Proud Member of:
    Omni-Tribunal
    Omni-Pol

Re: How To - Twink

Originally posted by Psilex
    There are alot of people out there that think twinking is easy and all it means is that you have money. Just because you have money doesn't mean a thing if you don't know how to spend it. I'm writing this because I have yet to see anything like it on this board, and too many people ask me how it's done when I team with them. Although this art (and it is an art) may soon be extinct, I think most of this will still be usefull for making a generally powerful character. Let me know if I miss something, or what you think.

So you want to start a twink, you need about 2 mil to get everything set.

Step 1. Planning

The different proffesions have completely different stats that they use, so know which ones you need to raise. I highly recommend nano-nanny to be able to see what you want (learn how to use it too). The main components that make up a twink are good implants and high complit. Some things that I think help are Max Health/Nano and Nano pool, AC's, and base skills to what your profession uses.

Step 2. Comp Lit

Once you know what implants you are gonna want to put in, you are going to want to put them to use, but how do you get QL 30 implants on your LvL 8 (yes I know alot of you boast about being able to put QL 50's in at level 6 or whatever but I'm not gonna get into all that). Buffs are the trick, but to get buffs, you need to have the NCU space for them. If you make QL 30 complit implants, and make sure the stats are Agility, you can get your complit around 120, depending on the prof. You have to do it in ladder form because you can't exactly jump up to 120 complit right away. Start out with your 8 NCU's and have your complit maxed. Get "comp lit expertise" (+20) and put on the best you can...you need around 21 NCU altogether. Once you have that first part of the ladder, go get "feline grace" (+25 agi) and the agility boost (+12). This should get your agility to 64 or above, if not, make some lower QL agility implants you can get one for that extra tid bit. Once your Agility is 64 or more, drop those QL 30 complit implants in and get that complit to around 120 (complit maxed + implants + complit expertise + intelligence boost). With it that high, you should be able to get a 3 slot belt and 3 memory chips that will get you to above 50 NCU total (make sure you have at least 50, it makes it easier).

Step 3. Your real implants

The complit implants have now served their purpose. You can take them out and drop them in the bank, sell them, give them to a buddy, etc, because most likely the next time you need some, you will be of a higher level and will need better ones anyway.

So you want to get those super duper implants you made in nano nanny in, but aren't quite sure how. Well here are some pointers. First of all, you will have to make sure most of the reqs are either Stamina or Agility. The reason for this is because those are the stats you can raise most easily. Try switching out some clusters in nanny and re-building until you get the req's you need. Stay away from psychic since you can only boost that. For those of you who use nano's, this is where you will notice that the head implant has to be intelligence. Just make some seperate Intelligence implants (yes a head one) and put them in, boost, and switch out the head one (yea that works). Hopefully if you use nano, the other intelligence nano's will be staying anyway. Anyway, to make a long story short, here are the buffs:

For Agility implants: get Feline Grace (+25) and the boost (+12)

For Stamina and Strength implants: get Iron Cross (+22) and Essence of cyclops (+17) and the boost (+12). (yes there are better essences but I am fitting this in with about 50 NCU) Also, this set of buffs is what you want to drop some nice armor on.

For Intelligence implants: not much here but more implants and the boost.

Sense is a bad one to have....Enhanced Senses (+15) and the boost is all you get.

Psychic is horrible....boost is all.

Treatment shouldn't be too much of an issue but if it is, there is the treatment expertise buff (+20) and the medsuit (+78 altogether). Remember that using the implant machine adds 100 to your treatment.

Once you get those implants in, the stats you use should be looking good That leaves you room to get a +112 wrangle for a nice weapon (50 ncu)...and a repeat of the str/stam buffs if needed for nice armor.

Something you could add if you will be token farming and are gonna stay low (and I recommend farming very much...nothing like hitting level 15 and doubling HP and Nano)...after you get the complit implants in and get your 50+ ncu up, here you can drop some map nav implants in and get at least the people upgrade and a bunch of maps.

That will do it for today, class dismissed
    Woot I'm inspired, go forth and TWINK

Even easier with traders because of frequent customer. More comp. lit=more NCU=more buffs=better weapons/armor.
    -War is not about who is right, it is about who is left.

- L92 MP
    - L7 Enf

very nicely written.

Sounds about like everything i have done when i felt like twinking a character.(its all about the comp. lit. and base stats.)

Agility is good for implants because its pretty easy to buff. And if you have the NCU, you can buff the heezy out of str.(for sheezy)

IC(20)+highQL essence(+24)+boost(+12)+dual pillows(+16).

and then you can add implants to that too(if needed).
    Also, all that applies to stamina too.(but i dont see many implants that require stamina.)
    {Beyond the Drunken Master, is the Plastered Master} Lilasiandude 216 MA
    Proud Member of Storm, and the Betty Ford Clinic

-Sllammer 216 enf. - Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Click!

BE STORM

Ya, I was trying to keep it simple because alot of the time....when just explaining this much, it baffles quite alot of people...

This alone tho is enough to make a character that will tear through missions so you can get them tokens but I believe for PvP you have to go the extra mile you demonstrated above.

Psilex (Agent)
    Smokegirl (Nano-tech)
    Tylerdurdon (Bureaucrat)

Proud Member of:
    Omni-Tribunal
    Omni-Pol

no longer valid

You can't do this anymore with 14.0 can you, didn't they take out implant stepping?

news to me if they did...I'll create a newbie and check it. I don't think we break any rules this way tho, we just use it to its max potential.

Psilex (Agent)
    Smokegirl (Nano-tech)
    Tylerdurdon (Bureaucrat)

Proud Member of:
    Omni-Tribunal
    Omni-Pol

stepping is gone

It's confirmed... Implant stepping is gone.

I noticed while trying to switch a treatment head implant to a higher QL treatment implant. It dident count the treatment from the first implant so I couldent equipe the second :/

It puts a major dent in low level twinking.
    Shade "Jaxin" Dathomir

All RK2(Rimor) characters.
    Rookie Jaxin Non-GA fixer 145 Days
    Freshmen Gigg GA fixer 34 Days
    Geleb Samurai Doctor 5 Days
    Rookie Jaxn Necromancer 12 Days

Push--> . <--Shove

That really stinks....

Well, screw this thread then I guess....shall I delete it?

Psilex (Agent)
    Smokegirl (Nano-tech)
    Tylerdurdon (Bureaucrat)

Proud Member of:
    Omni-Tribunal
    Omni-Pol

Talking treatment implant stepping

still doable but to a much lesser effect and more work.

just remember that when you add implants, it will calculate your treatment skill after the treatment implant is removed.

what that means is that instead of all 3 treatment implants bonus, you will only use 2 when u step it up. so head implant will be the last to go in to replace head treatment implant.

I wont bother explaining the exact details, the best way for you to learn is do it yourself.

bright+faded is about the same as shining addition.

you can kinda still do it, but not much by swapping all 3. I only ever used shining head, but oh well

This honestly didnt accomplish much but make people annoyed