Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cosmik, RK2 and Euro players are getting jipped.

Cosmik, RK2 and Euro players are getting jipped.

Just a quick note. Before the storyline started you stated that both servers would have multiple events spanning american and euro primetimes.

This was a concern of players even before the storyline started. they were worried they would be left out.

Well, in case you didn't know, they are indeed being left out, someone at funcom is making you look extremely bad "pie in face?".

If you look through the forums it's just starting to upset a lot of people now, another month of this kind of treatment and your going to see players threatening to cancel and demanding reduced monthly fees because we're not receiving the same kind of service as the RK1 Americans are.

RK2 has been completely ignored. and so have the Europeans on RK1, the Euro's on RK2 have it twice as bad since we can't even get events on american time for RK2.

Someone over there is making you eat your words Cosmik, perhaps you can put a stop to it.

Don't forget the Australian, New Zealand and Asian players as well. They are equally deserving as the North American and European players.
    Ye Olde and Original Founding is BACK !

Australian Timezone - RK1

I'll add my Australian voice....please give us some events as well..I dont mind getting up early to see / participate

Kiwi

Kiwi here. I often play in the yank's prime time, but I still ain't seen an event. Sucks to have a home in Newland a?

It would also help if all new AO players weren't predisposed to playing on RK1, because thats whats selected by default - and I bet a lot of new players just leave it that way and hit "Play". Why not just make a blank selection by default, so the user has to choose? Or if you want a more overt shift in population distribution, make the default selection RK2.

UK player

Being a Clan leader i get to hear about the events a bit better but, they all ocur starting at 3am my time when i should be tucked up in bed!!! there needs to be something done it is unfair for me to stay up until 5 am to participate in a event

Event? What events?

I'm an american (central time) on RK2 and I havn't seen no stinkin' events!
    The pen is mightier than the sword, you say? Very well, get out your pens, essay writers, and prepare to have your logic tested by steel!

Or we could move everyone to RK1 and kill RK2 entirely.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Nah

No don't kill RK2... I like it too much there

I'd like to see some more events that's all.

Thug, thank you for bringing this up, as it's something I've been meaning to comment on. However, Fadinaway has beaten me to the punch, and is actually more qualified to comment on this as he is the Events Coordinator/Team Lead.

Sion, from AO Basher, wrote an article last week discussing how European players can get involved in the storyline. In the article, Sion quotes an email from Fadinaway, discussing the status of events and the timezones they happen in.

The article containing the quote from Fadinaway can be found here

Fadinaway also responds in the comment section to comments from players. Just so you don't have to pick through and find it, here is what was said:

We heard through Funcom's eventsmanager, Jerry Godwin, that RubiKa 2 will have none or few official events. We (as in RK2-ers) will have to rely on the RK1-storyline until we have a decent population.”:

One quick point, there is no RK1 storyline and RK2 storyline. There is only one base storyline. How people react on RK1 and RK2 may differ and affect the story in odd ways, but there is only one base story. It is very true that RK1 has seen more events and more visual evidence, in the form of events, than RK2.

The meeting that Budhard is referring to happened yesterday with three guild leaders and a couple people in the guilds, I apologize for not having the names handy. I really think this statement is being taken out of context. I clearly stated we are working on ways to improve the events situation on RK2, and I also never stated you have to wait for your population to grow to get story events. I did, however, state that a lot of story events happen on RK1 because that is where we can affect the largest audience. I also stated it would be great for the players to create their own events on RK2 as well. There was a concern that only RK1 player ‘:stories’: were heard, therefore I basically said for them to give us some newsworthy stories.

As a note of direction, I had a short discussion today regarding events on RK2 and the ability to affect European players. From what I can tell, this goes hand in hand. There are a lot of European players on RK2. We are working on ways to improve this entire situation, and I feel if we can improve events on RK2, we will effectively do the same for European players. Please let me know if I am way off base on thinking there is a large European base on RK2. This, BTW, was a direct result of my discussion with the guild leaders on RK2 yesterday.

The comments referred to by Budhard are in no way a group of ‘:End Game’: comments. We are aware of a situation on RK2 and we want to correct that situation. Yesterday gave me a lot of face to face insight on how some players are really feeling. This thread gives me even more.

Gurnie, I read your comments while typing this novel. Thanks for helping clear some of that up.

Thanks for reading,

Jerry Godwin (there goes my cover.. )
    Fadinaway
    Anarchy Online Events Coordinator / Team Lead

So, I hope that helps clear up some questions and helps put some minds at ease. The current situation concerning RK2 and European players (and players from other non-US timezones) will be addressed and corrected. I look forward to participating with you in these events.

Oh, and I'm Australian too. I know exactly how you guys feel not being in US timezones. This is one thing I've been trying to overcome by talking to players in-game at various timezones. If anyone talks to me in-game at I act weird, it's probably because it's 4am in the morning.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Talking Story

Thanks, Cosmik.

Next question :
    If the story on RK1 and 2 is the same, does that mean we both get the same events, or that one event is on RK1, and another on RK2 ?
    If both get the same events, what will happen if they have a different outcome on both servers ?

Please read this cosmik

There are many non euro players on RK2 if the storyline is to happen during Euro prime time PLEASE PLEASE let us into RK1.

I feel like I am getting an engine but no content.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

When I first started playing AO, RK1 was so badly lagged that in cities I could not literally move. So I deleted the character and moved to RK2 where I could at least move. (I'm American in Central time zone).

Since then however lag has greatly improved on RK1 and as I noticed that events were happening on RK1 and not RK2 I have basically put my RK2 characters on hold and am building a couple of characters on RK1.

If I understand you correctly, even if events begin commencing on RK2, they will be mostly in non-American time zones so it really looks like I should just delete my RK2 characters and concentrate on RK1.

Or have I misunderstood?
    Anastasia "Aniee" Cervenak
    Martial Artist

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. -------Mark Twain

Cool Humm

Moving a character to another server is not an option. Why .. the answer is simple.. FUNCOM.. made it so on RK-1 and RK-2 you can have people with the same name. Not to mention the possible indexing issues . Depending on how data is combined. Now i personally would enjoy the challenge of taking on such a task.. However it's not for me to decide. I understand the diffculties planning with such a move .This is why i stated ..

"Lets do story events based on population scale .. "

I say "KISS".

KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID

hehe.. you called them stupid hehe *sounding like beevis*
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

OOps

LOL.. kinda wasn't what i ment?

I ment the rule..lol

My god your active ..you on two systems today arent you.

Re: Humm

Originally posted by jakespeed
    Moving a character to another server is not an option. Why .. the answer is simple.. FUNCOM.. made it so on RK-1 and RK-2 you can have people with the same name. Not to mention the possible indexing issues . Depending on how data is combined. Now i personally would enjoy the challenge of taking on such a task.. However it's not for me to decide. I understand the diffculties planning with such a move .This is why i stated ..

"Lets do story events based on population scale .. "

I say "KISS".

KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID
    Verant solved the double name issue by automatically assigning an x to the end of the name of the character that came to the server second. The player then had the option of being able to change their name if they wished or just leave it with the x at the end.
    Anastasia "Aniee" Cervenak
    Martial Artist

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. -------Mark Twain

Dup Names

Please check
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...munity/people/

Lookup "JAKESPEED"

See it Dup NAMES.

Funcom lets say it together..

OOPS!!
    Last edited by Wahoo.; Nov 28th, 2001 at 18:39:01.

It seems like the best way is allow people to merge over via a web page. If there is a conflict, then allow user to pick a name and validate it by the web page. Then move it over in a nightly dump.

This would allow the people to participate if they wish. Then turn RK2 into a PVP server, or whatever people want.

Let's face it. Funcom doesn't have the capacity of personnel to run the events on both dimensions. And if they try, it's always going to be a let down.

Just provide us the path to move our Char's over at will.

Please allow us to do it one by one as a fail safe.

I don't believe the response above from Funcom is nearly specific enough. Talking about having events on RK2 is just not good enough. Even if events do actually occur, it's not going to be the same, and two story lines are way too confusing. We already have an assination of a head figure on one and not the other. How is anyone going to know what's going on?

Please give us an official answer to this asap. I personally feel this is THE MOST IMPORTANT thing for you to work on right now for RK2 folks.
    Tiphany of Freedom's Edge
    82 Trader on RK2

Angry

The lack of events on rk2 is a serious threat to my continued enjoyment of AO. I only lasted 6 months in UO because there was no story, and without a story I can't see myself lasting in this game either.

It's pretty pathetic when the GM's admit they're embarrassed of funcom's lack of events. He may have said that simply to shut me up but I can beleive it. Then again I had another GM lie to my face and tell me that there have been plenty of events on rk2.

I have been to one player event that could have been made much better if the GM's had actually put some effort into helping us out. Those of you who were at the pool party can sympathise with my wish that the GM's had simply deleted the guards for the short period of time that it was happening. It was nice the way they announced the party to the whole world but they seemed to figure that that was all the help they needed to give.

I also don't buy funcom's excuse saying that there are less players on rk2 and thus less events. Funcom seems to think that none=less. And that's bunk anyways, I paid the exact same box price for the game as an rk1'er, I'm PAYING the exact same monthly fee as an rk1'er, I want the same product, which means the same number of events. If funcom can't get enough people onto rk2 to equal rk1 then that's their problem. I probably would have been satisfied if they had given us a few events, but after a whole month of hearing about events on rk1 and not getting a single one I'm not satisfied with getting less now.

As someones nick says, "RK2's a ghost town, let me on rk1".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast