Thread: Pets running off and/or Getting Stuck

Exclamation Pets running off and/or Getting Stuck

This is a post I made in the bugs section. Hopefully some of you might have some other ideas.

I have a 155 MP and the pets running off and getting stuck has become much worse since the last 2 patches. This is a big problem, but I think I have found the root cause of the problem - locked doors. When the pets seems to run off by it-self I almost always find it trying to run though a locked door. I think the pet pathing (which was suppose to be improved) needs adjustment. When I do missions I ALWAYS walk with the pets behind, but no matter what the pets sooner or later gets lost or takes off.

Imagine this happy scenario, you enter a long room with your pet behind you (in the same room as you) an ACE sees you and attacks - you issue an attack command, but instead of attacking the pet runs out of the room and goes 3 or 4 rooms away. If I live I will usually find him trying to run into a locked doorway.

Come on Funcom fix this! Or at least make it so we can terminate our (MP) pets from any distance.

A command to terminate my pets if they get lost would be very handy. Currently terminate only seems to work if they are right next to me.

Even better, I would like a command to summon my pets to me. Since they are suposed to be following me anyway maybe it could be done without balance issues.

Over all my pets do pretty good though they do get mixed up when they have a piece of furniture to go around.

Thaz

Euh... I can terminate my pet(s) over a long distance (/pet terminate or /pet pet_name terminate... 2 seconds after, they're gone (even if I don't have any message).

About the missions, well, I keep on using the old "pull and run like hell under your heal pet who is standing in the big main room (/pet wait) and make the attack pet attack your target" tactic. Requiers a little F1 switching but it works fine... unless your heal pet is grey and the mob is red... But even in this case, as soon as the mob aggro the attack pet, RUN OFF NEAR THE EXIST ! =)

OK, it is more a trick than a tactic, but I was bored running after my pets or getting killed because it was stuck behind a table or a desk... or an open door.

Cheers
    Kheeze (MA) / Yunmei (ADV) / Nekroman (MP) / Shixiu (ENF)

(¯`·.,¸¸.·´¯` French Corp ´¯`··.,¸¸.·´¯)

Thanks for replying, but I am referring to the times when you issue a terminate command and is says something like 'invalid pet name' or some such because the pet is so far away. I have seen my pet take off like a shot after I issue an attack command - in the wrong direction. It usually goes so far away it is no longer on the srceen. If you issue a teminate order then it will not work.

Engineers can terminate no matter where their pet is - we should be able to do the same.

Engineers can terminate no matter where their pet is - we should be able to do the same.

You can't terminate individual pets if they are out of range.
    You can terminate all pets (at the same time) no matter where they are.

Talking Thanks!

Good call about the using /pet terminate instead of /pet nameofpet terminate

You just made my AO life a little easier.

Thanks!

haven't tried this yet myself, but here is a thought... (I have noticed this problem, too)

Write a script that does something like this:

/pet nameofpet /behind
    delay 2000
    /pet nameofpet /behind
    delay 2000
    /pet nameofpet /behind
    delay 2000
    /pet nameofpet /behind
    delay 2000
    /pet nameofpet /behind
    delay 2000
    /pet nameofpet /behind
    delay 2000
    /pet nameofpet /behind
    delay 2000
    /pet nameofpet /behind
    delay 2000

An so on. Not sure if you issued an "attack" command if it would interrupt this script, but it would help to keep the pet around. You could just keep running the macro over and over from the action bar..

-Just a thought from an MP Noob

Globula, RK-2
    lvl 8 MP
    Globula
    Fashion icon and collector of monster pelts extraordinaire
    Meta-Physicist, RK-2

Mulletfoo
    Strike hard and wear a spiffy Mullet
    Martial Artist, RK-2

running scripts wil not stop until they end

Pet classes need a /pet warp or somthing, you know what i mean

Originally posted by Miir
    You can't terminate individual pets if they are out of range.
    You can terminate all pets (at the same time) no matter where they are.
    Omg, you can do that? Wow, thank you... I suddenly feel even more stupid than usually for not knowing something like this already.