Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do people suggest setting the mission slider bar to full "bad"??

Why do people suggest setting the mission slider bar to full "bad"??

I always set to full money. When I set to full "bad", as everyone suggests, I usually get 3 missions where I have to find something and bring it back. But when I set to full "good", I dont have to bring anything back, saving time. What gives?

Post Well

Full bad/full money gives:

Three find item missions, one return item mission and one 'fixing type' mission (radar, food sacks, e.g.).

Find item mission are considered quite optimal, because you get two items (find and reward) and the payment is max, because yu get no XP for the full bad/full money-find item missions. You can get find item missions with other settings that effect XP and money and mission setup (closed doors, traps, etc.)

So long,

Max(imilian)
    100% curious

I also go with full order. This way the dungeon is loaded with NPC type MOBs and not monster type MOB. (I don't think I said that right...) I find that they drop more cash and equiptment as opposed to monster parts and robot junk.

I'm sorry I just went and tried it again.

Full BAD gets me ALWAYS:

THREE return, fetch, retrieve, or bring back (box with two arrows)
    ONE find or just pick up item (box with an eye over it)
    ONE fix item

How come I dont get the 3 find items deal?

You have to do bad PLUS money.
    "Life is too short to drink bad ale."

did that.

Full bad ,money, open, stealth.

only 1 "find". 3 return. 1 fix.

Try this

I have the feeling, that we are not talking about exactly the same settings:

Code:
    good     ----------o---------| bad
    order    ----------|---------- chaos
    open     ----------|---------- hidden
    physical ----------|---------- mystical
    head-on  ----------|---------- stealth
    cash     |---------o---------- XP
    Try these ones, and I am pretty sure, you will get 3 find item, 1 retrieve and one fix.

So long,

Max(imilian)
    100% curious

I know this isn't exactly helpful but what Max just posted works everytime for me.

Don't move Open and Stealth, that's whats screwing it up.
    Fausto "Dealbreaker" Age

Full bad, full hidden, full stealth, and full money also works for getting 3 find item missions. I tend to use this setup since it generates a few extra locked doors, for a little extra free xp. (for those decent at picking locks anyways)

Another setting

You might want to try these settings, if you are interested in locked doors and chests and a higher chance for traps (good xp for the right profession):
    Code:
    good     ----------|---------- bad
    order    ----------|---------- chaos
    open     ----------o---------| hidden
    physical ----------o---------| mystical
    head-on  ----------o---------| stealth
    This should give you 3 find item, 1 fixing and 1 find person mission (5 good ones ). Interestingly these find item mission give a tiny ammount of XP, in contrast to the full bad/full money find item missions.

So long,

Max(imilian)
    100% curious

THANKS now I see, yes stealth and open were messing it up.

Does anyone know how I can get 3 "find" missions while using CASH, OPEN, and STEALTH?

I ask because I like stealth for the reason Skob mentioned, but hate Hidden because I have to run to the ends of the universe (Central Artery Valley and Wartorn Valley -- God please no!) for them....

thank you

And after 14.2, just plan on having the bar on physical if you are going against mobs. Otherwise you'll have to go against debuffing traders and MPs.

Socurs

The mission types change in 14.0 on test. (Still changed in 14.01) You'll have to experiment a bit again, unfortunately.

I've found that - with identical settings and no missions in my inventory, I can get missions as they are now on RK-1. If I select a 'find item', then the next time I try the most it will offer is 2 'find item' missions. If I take one (now have 2 in inventory) it will only offer me one on the next try. Don't know why they would want to do this - kind of sucks, actually.

Also the playfield of the missions are different in 14.01 than in 13.92 - and that's not a good thing either.

Anyhow, just a head's up that a mission terminals change is coming up.
    "Life is too short to drink bad ale."

Exclamation Uh-oh

Thanks, Pal

This indeed is important information. Seems some 'hidden' countermeasure against mission terminal camping - we will see.

-> Scorus: As usual, good knowledge on this one.
    More chaos favors MOBs (less NPCs) and physical will give you more 'noncasting' NPCs. You see, with some knowledge you can fine tune your missions very well.

So long,

Max(imilian)
    100% curious

2 follow-up questions

#1. if the mission playfields change, why is that a bad thing? More variety = less boredom?

#2. I thought "order" (vs. chaos) was supposed to determine the GROUPING of the mobs, not their type -- that is: more order = more single individuals hanging out = less groups ganging up on you, chaos = more bunches of groups. Am I wrong again?

Re: Another setting

My settings are similar, and result in 3 find missions, and may meet your needs:
    Code:
    good     ----------o---------| bad
    order    --|-------o---------- chaos
    open     ----------o---------| hidden
    physical |---------o---------- mystical
    head-on  ----------o---------| stealth
    The Open slider I can move from all the left to just slightly right of that position and still get 3 find mission. Move it too far right, and you'll see the mission types change.

The Open slider is also the one I nudge to request new missions.

Those settings are the ones I usually use, and they are also the settings that have found me two yalms and one hydro vehicle.

I have a screenshot of those settings at Mission Settings Screenshot.

Cheers,
    Martek

Thanks! That is very helpful

Please excuse my newbness but...

YOU CAN GET YALMS AS MISSION REWARDS????

Wow....

/me moans "I want one" like Anne Magnussen in The Power of ***** (Bongwater LP)

Is there a comprehensive guide on the web to the various mission sliders and their meanings/effects?

good ----------o---------| bad
    order |-------------------- chaos
    open ------|-------------- hidden
    physical -------------------- |mystical
    head-on ----------|---------- stealth
    cash |---------o---------- XP

This is how I have my settings. Less enforcer/soldier/ma mobs, 2 rewards, lots of cash, less locked chests and smaller missions (open/hidden affects missions size).
    -War is not about who is right, it is about who is left.

- L92 MP
    - L7 Enf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast