Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What does Aura of Revival do excatly?

What does Aura of Revival do excatly?

My Keeper is only lv 7 so I do not have access to perks yet but if possible I'd like to hear from a player what this perk does exactly. Thanks Also why did Funcom have to be mean with keepers and give them so many dark blue skills compared to *any* other prof? Dark blue comp lit hurts the most.
    Last edited by Scythe; Sep 12th, 2003 at 14:44:38.

Cool hi

Aura of Revival = Is a constant heal over time that never goes away... not only does this heal you but also anyone that happens to be in your team....

Level 1 (Aura of Revival) heals for about 35 health every few seconds, Level 2 heals for 86 points of health... i cant say what Level 3 does as i have yet to take that....

The Aura of Revival has saved my butt a few times and im sure it will be most welcomed in team's... i love it

Does Aura of Revival stack with the nano-cast Heal-over-Time line? Thats the line that, according to AO mainframe, provides 361 ticks at 20 second intervals for X health each tick.

Wow, that IS a substantial HoT. I'll have to think a little harder about using that one.

Alothien, I would imagine that the Aura of Revival stacks with our normal heal aura. I would also imagine that it stacks with Fixer HoT's. I can't say for sure however.
    Aameul - Fixer - RK1
    Hethradiah - Keeper - RK1

I can also imagine the Aura of Revival Perk getting slapped with the nerf bat sometime soon unfortunetally. Hopefully it won't but damn 86 heal at lv 2 int he perk and its always on? Damned nice.

At level 20 mobs are going to do 86 pts of damage to you in a single swing. So, it is absolutely a huge benefit but hopefully people won't over-react and cry nerf

Might have got this wrong BUT i think u need level 30 b4 u can use the lv2 part of the perk healing line .

EDIT: pretty sure it does stack with our buff .
    Psyanyde (AWOL) ^^ Proud to be a part of - Wen-tzu Enclave - Karma is real baby, and it's on our side.

- NCU error: This nano program can't automatically replace other program -

It ALSO makes the "red dots all over" heal nano effect run on you every 10 seconds for the rest of your life, whether you are at max hp or not. I had to turn off visual nanoeffects because of it. Sooooooooooo Irritating.

The aura ALSO makes a 10-second timed BLINKING icon in your ncu window. ON off ON off ON off ON off every second. I am being driven slowly crazy.

I am seriously concidering choosing another perkline because of this.
    RK2: Keeryx 205 Keeper | Leeryx 200 Fixer | Weeryx 155 Adv | 128 Doc | Nt | Enf | Ma | MP
    "There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

for most practical purposes

it functions like any other speech.

meaning that it will blink on your ncu window (i use the old gui so its np for me).

and yes, it does stack with the healing aura nanos and both tick merrily along.

you need to be lvl 30 to have the second heal and fixer hots blow this one out of the water.

make no mistake it is great though!
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

It makes the difference of me being able to solo without downtime while my brother has a more difficult time(his hp is actually a little hrut when his fights are done). He has the street samurai and reave perks, but I must say his damage is far superior due to the TWO perk attacks and his weapon attack. The cleave attack you get form reave does around 190 damage a hit and refreshes FASTER than the street samurai gained attack "Deep Cuts". I thought that might be interesting.

Now me, I am treading the path of a more typical "paladin" as I have the aura AND Blessing which adds max hp AS WELL AS a heal that refreshes every 40 seconds. I have seen Blessing 1 heal up to 90 hp. I was a bit weary of the aura of revival myself, but ocne I perked it I feel in love. It will definantly be going all the way.

I originally tried my second perk on that holy mark line, but I found the evade debuff you get from it really pathedic. And I don't need the AC.
    Penetrate the shell of a monolith

Pirivan - Crusading for the furry arts!

Max Kerab Caris - An Original Edger Reincarnated

Salvador Chiyoberry Locknane - Some crabs like berries

funny

i just unspecced street samurai atm.

reason being that as i leveled higher, i could no longer hit with the basic specials and was trying to get one of both to perk level 4 so i gain access to a new perk attack.

myself i spend the perks now like this:
    reaver whenever i was allowed to.
    revival aura if not.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

BTW, The Aura of Revival does stack with the HoT nano line.

I am at lvl 11 right now, with 1 perk in the Aura, with the HoT nano line that gives 10 hp per 20 seconds. It's quite nice, get hit for 45 dmg....get healed 45....althrough reaver looks nice too.

One interesting thing I noticed while teaming with another keeper is that the team doesn't just get one Aura of Revival, but as many as there are keepers in the team. Imagine a full team of keepers with the equivalent of 6 HOTs plus the healing aura (nano) running...
    Hurtig 220 trox clan MP Atlantean (dream setup)
    Support the old players ... please FC!
    The Enforcer's prayer read it and live by it

Originally posted by Zargg
    One interesting thing I noticed while teaming with another keeper is that the team doesn't just get one Aura of Revival, but as many as there are keepers in the team. Imagine a full team of keepers with the equivalent of 6 HOTs plus the healing aura (nano) running...
    actually had a team like this for a moment

never saw the HP bars move
    Undercover Banana :Novayen

Hail Saten!a!! Im a servent of Saten..bugger me

I was in a team with 3 keepers an advent and a doc. We were destroying mobs whose levels I couldn't see and I was the highest leveled person.

The only time someone was in danger is when the doc tried to tank.

I made him repeat: Doc is not a tank; Keeper very good tank
    Davias Keltana Jr.
    -----------------------------

I am not my father's son.... I am better

On my honor, my family will be redeemed!
    Savior from the Angels of the Night

I just dinged 30 and took Aura. Coupled with the 2nd level heal aura nano I waltzed through a mission full of yellows, spent more time chatting than paying attention to the mission, and came out 20 minutes later with a token. Never once did I have to sit, to panic, to THINK about doing anything besides hitting my specials when needed.

I have 1 point each in Samurai, Reaver, and Aura. I couldn't be happier with my perk distribution. I'll save up perk points to invest in Samurai when I have extra perk points and I want to build towards the 2nd special in that line; otherwise, there's nothing compelling to force me into training it.

Bottom line: Aura is very powerful, at least at lower level.
    Aameul - Fixer - RK1
    Hethradiah - Keeper - RK1

Originally posted by Zargg
    Heehee this is just like how it used to be in DAoC, a team of 8 Paladins could take reds with no downtime except to get endurance back. or 7 paladins+1 healer just incase. Was great in pvp to we called it the paladin rush I think, but they long since fixed it so the paladin hot chants don't stack anymore I think Been a while since I played.

Anyone mind posting what the higher tier heals are for it? My keeper is lvl 41 so ill find out the 3rd tier heal of it soon
    Tinytrox - 205 Enforcer - Legion

10- 29 = 34 HP a tick
    30 - 49 = 84
    50 - 69 =124

I'll know 70+ soon.

Heal Ticks for Aura of Revival

Perk Level (level req to train): Heal amount tick time

L1 (10): 35 every 10s
    L2 (30): 86 every 10s
    L3 (50): 124 every 10s
    L4 (70): 168 every 10s
    L5 (90): 192 every 9s