Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What weapon to use after Stygian Desolator?

What weapon to use after Stygian Desolator?

Right now I am wondering what weapon I should use after I hit the effective AR cap on the stygian. Any ideas? I am considering just staying with styg even after i hit the effective AR, because I don;t think there is any other weapon with a simmlar speed/damage range out there. Hopefully someone can prove me wrong

Im sure in SL there is some badazz 2he just waiting to be quested for or found.

Did you try the Melee Smith? Im not sure ifthose katanas the smith sells are all enforcer ony, but it would be worthwhile to check it out.

So far the Meibutsus are enf only.
    And the SL Keeper weapons i have seen so far (Jobe Defender Nagitana/Guard of the Gentleman/Sword of Sir Tristam) were kind of "nice" but nothing i'd actually plan using if there's an alternative.
    I also think EQB is not an option, because we can not compensate the high recharge time in any way and brawl as the only special pretty much sucks.

After the desolator i'll first use a Tangleblade and then i'll see what comes with SL.
    I may have to go for those Tristam swords, even tho i really dislike the requirements and the damage.
    The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow.

Where do you find those tangle blades? their slow as hell but they look like they'd hurt.

They drop off Dynacamp bosses.

Tell me Breed=Solitus is a typo:/

Hmm.. time for me to go Dyna Camp hunting with my MP

solitus is not a typo.... and they go from QL 100-124... and QL 125 being solitus and CLAN ONLY.. so if your omni the highest you can get is 124.

They are dyna drop only and i've only had one drop for me (sold it cause I had an atrox 2he at the time).

so back to kel's at dynas for me too cause the SL 2he inventory looks pretty weak.

I'm almost sorry for you troxes.

Enforcer pre-SL 2HE weapon progression

Here's what Enf's did before SL. Well, from what I remember, anyway

lvl1-35ish Katana(just regular, old Katana, no fancy words before it)

lvl35ish-50ish Frost Scythe

lvl50ish-85ish Stygian Desolator

lvl85ish-110ish Frost Scythe

lvl110ish-161 ql200 True Katana

lvl161-185 Queen Blade

lvl185---- Enhanced Queen Blade

Now, note that this doesn't include SL 2HE weapons, as I'm not familiar with those. This also doesn't incluse Frost-Bound Reaper, which is from Inner Sanctum and also quite nice.....I'd probably put that in at lvl125 when you can first go to Inner Sanctum. Longmoon was also an old standby 2HE weapon for some.

Sadly, as mentioned above, the Smith katana, as well as Corpse Cutter, are Enf-only so you can't use 'em.

This was also taking into account the high Melee Init Enf's can have with Rage, so maybe Keepers would want to go with Longmoon at 110ish.

For a truely excellent guide, read this thread. Sure, some things in that thread won't apply to Keepers, but many *will*. And if you're on RK2, and reading that Guide helped you in any way, please send Deng a tell to thank him for writing it =)
    Last edited by Nealandbob; Sep 19th, 2003 at 03:05:17.
    Nealandbob Headbasher Burninsword-RK1
    Deathfyst Tonofbricks -RK2
    Tonofbricks Nealandbob -RK Test embracing my inner Brat
    Finally back from Iraq
    Enforcers ONLY vote here!
    WoW-Pahani, Skywall/Horde and Barthilas/Horde
    "A good Enforcer dies a lot"-Deng
    "FC didn't create Enforcers, Deng did" -Tza

Re: Enforcer pre-SL 2HE weapon progression

Originally posted by Nealandbob

lvl35ish-50ish Frost Scythe

lvl50ish-85ish Stygian Desolator

lvl85ish-110ish Frost Scythe

You go back to the Frost scythe after the Styg?
    Kwuack : Youre friendly neighbourhood doctor...

Kwuant : the tinkering thinker

Kwuart : Meatball Juggler Extraordinaire

Kwual : the noob returneth

(Recently returned after a loooooooooong time away)

That was before the max benifical skill thing. The MBS on a frost scythe is 700 and the MBS on the stygan is 800. I dont think too many people will be going back to a weaker weapon.

EQB on a keeper?
    How would you think that we will compensate the 9 second recharge without Rage?
    Well my calculations clearly show that i would hit in slow motion, with Brawl as the only regular special.
    Even a QL 200 Tristram sword pwns that from damage over time.

yes, even with a high QL flurry of blows, it'd be very difficult to keep the EQB swinging at any sort of reasonable rate.
    Aameul - Fixer - RK1
    Hethradiah - Keeper - RK1

As a 177 enf my QB is practically speed capped without using rage, so it's not that much of an issue. Besides, rage is nearly worthels in SL

Spizmack - Fighting the mission monotony through submission

soooo sick of EQB it isn't even funny. CLONES I tell you CLONES.

I for one am glad for the nerfs. Bring back a little variety to the mix.

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=214343

there you go, various qls I'm sure. Not to mention DIFFERENT

Where are....?

Ok, these aren't even that uber:

http://www.aodb.info/showitem.asp?AOID=233285

Even the QL1 versions, are about on par with the tristam, maybe even a bit less powerful, and yet..

I can't find a single one of these, and I've not seen ANYONE with them on, and being used.

Even if they do turn out to be less viable than a Tristam, I still wanna give them a go to find that out, plus by the looks of their icons, they look damn sexy =D

SO, anyone got any ideas where these things might be found? I for one can't see any reasons why they're not in game atm, with regards to balance. Keepers don't have enough sword choices as it is =(
    Stroke me, you know you want to.

Yeah those must be the swords that are displayed for the keeper in the profession selection room. I am guessing that these are very high end swords and we will start seeing them more from QL200 on. Perhaps we haven't made it to the zone that they drop in. Penumbra possibly?
    Last edited by Invio; Sep 19th, 2003 at 21:48:42.
    Invio - Solitus Keeper of the Redeemed
    Armor Profile

Alocs - Atrox Enforcer
    Phytr - Opifex MA

Heh..

I was expecting someone to post along those lines, but in the db they start from QL1, and as I said, they're not that uber.....

But, having said that, you may be right yet. I can't see why they should start from QL200 though....

I might log my engi in after downtime (he's 154), and try get into a zone from The Plaza, and go check out shops and stuff, see if they get sold there, or maybe in gardens.. =S

If not, I can only guess they are dungeon drops, but considering you can get (better?) other weapons everywhere, I can't see the reasons for that being the case =(
    Stroke me, you know you want to.

Originally posted by Chanell
    EQB on a keeper?
    How would you think that we will compensate the 9 second recharge without Rage?
    Well my calculations clearly show that i would hit in slow motion, with Brawl as the only regular special.
    Even a QL 200 Tristram sword pwns that from damage over time.
    As a 177 enf my QB is practically speed capped without using rage, so it's not that much of an issue. Besides, rage is nearly worthels in SL
    That's EXACTLY right. Rage is nerfed to hell in SL(*edit* but not on RK), you won't see any Enforcers using it until probably lvl215ish. Rage was nerfed by increasing the DoT from 54(18 ticks in 2 sec intervals, 972 total damage) to *cough* 486(think it does 10 ticks in 2 sec intervals, haven't even bothered to check because that damage is just too crazy....4800ish, yipes!)

Plus, as Spizmack said, you'll have nearly enough init to take QB/EQB to speed caps without it.

NOW, with this information, who here still thinks Keepers won't out-damage Enforcers?

Anyone?
    Anyone?
    Bueller?
    Last edited by Nealandbob; Sep 19th, 2003 at 22:41:24.
    Nealandbob Headbasher Burninsword-RK1
    Deathfyst Tonofbricks -RK2
    Tonofbricks Nealandbob -RK Test embracing my inner Brat
    Finally back from Iraq
    Enforcers ONLY vote here!
    WoW-Pahani, Skywall/Horde and Barthilas/Horde
    "A good Enforcer dies a lot"-Deng
    "FC didn't create Enforcers, Deng did" -Tza

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast