Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My ideas for making fixers viable

My ideas for making fixers viable

Here is what I suggest to make this profession viable:

14.2:
    Grid Armor: make nanocrystals drop from team mission bosses with the new agent and MA nanos. Reduce casting cost and wear cost of Grid Armor I-III by 50 in each category and 100 for Grid Armor IV.
    New SMG line: A +20 SMG buff at ql 20 (like crats get for pistol); and then a +50 SMG mastery around ql 50.

14.3:
    Reduce cost for Time&Space to 1.6 (from 3.2), Biological Metamorphosis and Matter Creation to 2.4 (from 3.2).

14.4:
    Warp beacon and team warp beacon nanos.
    A line of self-only CompLit buffs: +20-+100.
    Ability to cast nanos in the grid (make it 100%).
    LOTS of new and very high level (500-1000) grid exits.

14.6:
    New tradeskill involving B&E and CompLit (and QFT?) which allows the making of special 'tickets' that allow the use of otherwise unusable grid exits. Tickets are only usable when on the grid. Each ticket is tied to a particular grid exit and when activated just zones the user as if they had successfully hit that zone exit.

I believe this plan would address the main problems with the class: absurdly high nano skill costs, no tradeskills or buffs to make money, weak weapons, and NOT being the masters of travel.
    You have given other classes the ability to grid themselves or a team, you have give NTs the treasured guided teleports, you have given engineers the best travel nanos in the game: warp beacon. Travel in RK did need to be addressed, but it is now time to reconcile those fixes with your contentions that fixers are the masters of travel.
    Fixing fixers should be your #1 priority. Adventurers being #2. Putting a storyline in the game #3.

Scorus

*BUMP!*

THAT'S what i call constructive. =)

Progressional, sensible, easy to implement. (but who am i to say that? i'm not a programmer)

SO hope Funcom see's this..I really do!

BUMP

agree

and by the way i love fixer they save my ass so many times.

i don't like the "ticket" idea, simply because it would force me to raise QFT but i like all the others.

unfortunately, our nanoskill costs are never gonna change. and why BM and MC, and not senseimp? i'd rather have senseimp be cheaper...its the only nanoskill i max all the time.
    Muffinhunter
    200/AL 5 Clan Fixer (omg finally)
    Jadedmuffin
    81 Omni MP (on hold...man, MP's get boring fast.)
    Acknonano
    34 Clan Raidslave Doc (or at least that was the initial idea...)

Originally posted by dirtysanchez
    i don't like the "ticket" idea, simply because it would force me to raise QFT but i like all the others.

unfortunately, our nanoskill costs are never gonna change. and why BM and MC, and not senseimp? i'd rather have senseimp be cheaper...its the only nanoskill i max all the time.
    Well, as with all tradeskills, it would only 'force' you to raise it if you wanted to use that tradeskill. And there are always implants.

Funcom changed the cost of a couple of skills for Adventurers and were just absolutely slammed by them for not giving them an opportunity to get their 'overspent' IP back. Funcom said then that they would not do any more skill cost changes until they had a method that could be used to get the IP that had been spent out. That is why I made that a 14.3 change, so that fixers could get their IP out of the nano skills after 14.2 and then throw it back in after 14.3.

I chose those three skills because they are the ones that are the highest. Since I don't play a fixer and don't know which of your lines are used and not used (though I am not stupid enough to think anyone summons ammo, weapons or armor), I just went with the most expensive.

Not that I expect Funcom to listen to me any more than they have listened to you.

Scorus

defenetly bump material here

i posted a similar thread as this here
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=21983

but this would do very nicely

Originally posted by Natelie
    *BUMP!*

Progressional, sensible, easy to implement. (but who am i to say that? i'm not a programmer)

SO hope Funcom see's this..I really do!
    Umm... this is the kind of post we've been posting in the Fixer forum all along... We just took a short break to rant.

bump

i want to keep this high on the list

bump bump bump

Solitaire

Aka
    Ramid fixer lvl 66

Acting General Of Vox Populi D.O.M.A

Sounds good. It might make fixers playable. Don't make us advs wait till 14.7 though :P

Speaking as an non-fixer:

-- They should make a new grid that only fixers can access. This grid would have outlets to almost every spot on rubi-ka.

-- The "ticket" idea for fixer tradeskills sounds cool, but I don't think we want to start making tradeskills class specific. What you want to do it put in a requirement that makes it so only fixers can viably preform that tradeskill. Athough I don't think there would be much of a market for this tradeskill, it would prove very handy to pump out a couple of tickets and grid your team to a location.

-- Grid armor nano requirements should be toned down, but they should still only be wearable by those that invest heavily in nano skills (Maybe grid armor was made to reward those fixers that focus on nano skills over evades.)

-- Fixers should be the masters of grid travel and team warping. They should have never given those warps to NTs and docs. It makes sense for engineers to have a beacon warp, but fixers should still be the best at getting teams from point A to point B. The grid ticket idea would help this too.

-- Maybe a few nano skills can be made regular blue. but all their nano skills are dark blue for a reason. Fixers aren simple people. They don't dabble in complex weapons or nanos.

-- You guys definately need a +50 SMG buff around level 100 or so. Adventurers need some buffs too.

-- Black market. You guys need a true black market. Not a pile of trash that you can buy items from. (and agents should be allowed to infiltrate this market as per their agenty ways

Originally posted by Zeroshift

#1 -- They should make a new grid that only fixers can access. This grid would have outlets to almost every spot on rubi-ka.

-- Fixers should be the masters of grid travel and team warping. They should have never given those warps to NTs and docs. It makes sense for engineers to have a beacon warp, but fixers should still be the best at getting teams from point A to point B. The grid ticket idea would help this too.
    #1 I think they are already working on this...there were some pictures of a huge new grid with a hundred or more terminals in it posted a month ago or so on AOFixer

#2 I don't understand why the other 3 classes can't have perfectly reasonable ways of transporting folks around as well as Fixers, with RD being the big difference. After all, the Air Force isn't the only entity in the world that has access to helicopters and airplanes for transportation... Can someone explain why RD is not enough of a difference to count? This is not a biased Fixer-hate question, I have a few of every character type.

-- Grid armor nano requirements should be toned down, but they should still only be wearable by those that invest heavily in nano skills (Maybe grid armor was made to reward those fixers that focus on nano skills over evades.)
    This is not meant as a flame, only a correction: If you use Grid Armor and do not max your evades + max implant your evades (implant evades over every other possible implant) then you may as well go into battle wearing a bikini and nothing else.

So, if you use Grid Armor you are basically maxing 6 skills to use it:

3 nano skills (all dark blue)
    3 evade skills (light blue, so not as bad, but still that's an additional 3 more skills to max

Thumbs up

bump

Great post Scorus - if these things happened it sure would be a lot more fun to be a fixer.

As for the nano-skills I'd pick to make easier: mat met, sense
    imp, and psycho mod. These are my gridding skills and are one
    of the few reasons I'm useful to a team (other than unlocking
    chests).

Salantha
    lvl 70 fixer

bump
    Lion Strimple aka Sware

Bump

But I would lower the cost for SI/PM/MM instead. they are the nano skill we use most

Bump out the wazoo..but hey, can we up T/S, MC, and MM? I mean, Matter creation reqs are like 25-40% higher one those crystals that use them then any other requirement, they're nearly impossible to get when they're dark blue.

Originally posted by Natelie
    *BUMP!*

As Bronto said, it's been going on a long long time at the fixer board and in the BM thread on the envisioned board. If you'd dig deep enough in the spam I'm sure you'd find other things you'd like too.

I might have bought the reward idea if it didn't need MC. The summon line has potential, but does not count as a real line of nanos as it is today.
    I'm sorry if you're the person that designed GA, and this was what you were thinking when you made it. It's a curse, not a reward.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast