Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Pistol???????

Question Best Pistol???????

Hey, just wondering. I know there arent any good pistols out there for an adventurer, but what is the best?

The 2 pistols I'm using right now are:

1) Desert Reet - for Burst and very high crits
    2) ETE StrikeGun - for low Reqs, decent damage, fast speed. Good for off hand.

3) There are also the OT Boomer M30 and OT Boomer .90AE.
    These 2 are pretty decent pistols too (slower). One with good crit, the other with lower Multi Range Reqs.

These are the best pistols I can find that don't have the Range Energy Req.

If u don't mind pumping Range Energy (which IMO is not a wise choice), u can consider using these:

4) KhemoTek 200 - No specials but huge clip, huge range, Rad damage
    5) OT Biomag - Fast, good damage, burst.

That's about all.. anybody else got anything to add ?

Anyway.. the advice is still.. do NOT use pistols. They are really lousy... trust me.

What about El Dieu? (+ranged energy)

-Decent speed
    -Cold damage (Not so odd, not so common)
    -Decent minimum damage (For a gun, thats it)
    -Clip size 33 (I find this decent as I reload between each fight)
    -Flingshot only (The shame part)

I dual weild 3 at the moment and I really like that. Also, with the rings increasing damage of Cold, the 2 guns get the bonus.

However, as multi-range requesite is so high, I have 8 QL difference between the 2 guns. But the second hand no more drop woohoo!
    Last edited by Suel; Dec 3rd, 2001 at 17:55:58.
    Suel, ADV, RK2
    Omni, my body is yours... But not my freedom.

Please forgive my frenchy english.

Kolt Magnum

Hi

If you are into Pistols try this one Kolt Magnum. I always thought this was a strange gun with its kind so to say low High damage.

This gun shoots very even series and it shoots very fast in fact it does quite a lot of damage.

I'm trying the gun on an Opifex Adv. I have also put a low light scoupe on him and with augmented weapon he is doing very good.

Now this guy aint very high in lv so the test might be a bit early to draw any conclusion from. But i tried the gun om my lv 79 adv, whom is a bit crippled, and it seems to work well on her too.

Requeirments are OK for this gun to try out - check it out I think its a bit neglected due to its visual figures wich tends to be a bit low.

/salute
    Lamonia

Kemos

Here is another two cents.

I started out using Freedom Arms like all other Adventures who made a choice based on the current in game Pistols and due to that choice I started to put Ip's into the Ranged energy discipline.

So once FA's were yanked from the game I was left with little choice of what weapon to use due to the fact that I was nearing level 80.

So now I am dual wielding Quality Kemo-Tech Model 200, a QL 118 and 79. The positives of these guns are RANGE a whopping 35m and a clip of 140; you also can count the Rad damage here if you wish. The negatives are the Ranged Energy Stat (even thought they use bullets), no SPECAIL attacks and the High Dual wield requirement if you wish to use two of them.

The beam effect when shooting is quite interesting and the sound effect is akin to the Planet defenders out in Clon**** firing.

Over all I am quite pleased with them for two reasons, one the damage is nice but not high enough to get the MOB to agro me while in a group (I am not a tank and at higher levels couldn’t take many hits). Second is most Mob’s don't defend well against Rad Damage.

I am hoping in the future that AO will have more Energy Ranged Pistol introduced into the game.

Tace Witt
    President of SOTA
    www.SOTOA.net
    Profiteer/Hunter

I currently recoment the OT Boomer M30 if you do not dual wield pistols (its way to expensive to dual weild since the Multi gun skill is only 10 lower than the actuall pistol skill to wear it).

currently my ql90 OT Boomer M30 does about 950 in dmg on evry 3-5th shot when I got a Sub G buff (but only on evry 12-18th when not ). this is due to its cool crits and the best thing is that the pistol does only use Pistol and Fling Shot skills wich are dirt cheap compared to the rest of the ranged skills

Backdraw is that its a bit slow compared to other pistols, my ql 90 got 2.41 in attack speed and 2.50 in recharge.
    But the criticals does it part to make this livable.

at my current lvl (wich is 60) I usualy get the aggro because I do more dmg than my fellow soldiers and MA's .. onlyone to outrun me on those are the enforcers and Nano-Tech's as they got mad dmg

My 2 cents worth. I'm a level 77 adv with a 109 Desert Reet and a 90 Reet. I like the reets for the burst special-currently my minimum burst is 120 and maxium I've seen is a bit over 400. Crits run around 800 maximun with 6 and 700 crits as well. I've used Khemo Techs and while I love the magazine capacity and fast firing, I didn't like the lack of a special and the ranged energy requirement. To survive with pistols you need one higher over your level and the ranged energy requirements of Khemos or Freedom Arms is just too IP expensive. I also like the Minielectroniums but there IP costs are high as well re: ranged energy.

Sentinel ETE's are very nice damage dealers, but lack the burst special.

OT Boomers are slow, and the .90 series seems to be very easy to find. I just bought a QL 140+ and hopefully will be able to wrangle into it soon, and will just have to do the best I can with my left hand gun, heh. M30's are great guns, but I haven't seen a high level one in the stores in ages!!! I'd love a QL 110 M30 because crits are nice with these and I love the range.

Finally, all pistols benefit from a low light scope.....especially ones with high crits like the Desert Reet and OT Boomers.

Morelian
    lvl 77 adv
    RAK1

Post Reet + Boomer

At L56 i started using a QL65 Desert Reet + a QL60 0.9 Boomer. I find the combination [bold]awsome[/bold]. Having chem + projectile damage means that almost regardless of the mob one of my weapons will end up doing a lot of damage. I made the mistake in the past of dual weilding two similar pistols without realizing much the huge disadvantage that put me in with certain mobs. For example many humanoid mobs around temple in Tir county seem to have insane projectile AC yet my chem gun chews through them quik.

Hope this helps

I use Khemos and Desert Reets.

Both are very fast weapons, and they do "uncommon" damage (chemical and Radiation). I try to get the best Physics rings out there because they boost the damage on both guns.

The only drawback is that I have to raise ranged energy. But raising one blue skill isn't that bad. Its totally worth it to do radiation damage.
    OCC Rank: Deacon(President - Republic)

........Truth...........
    Honor--|--Virtue The Order of the Crimson Cross
    .......Loyalty.........

woho today is a big day.. im gona get my final Aikimbo implant (yeah it preaty high I QL so I had to do LOTS of mission runns to be able to affor these) and im gona go dual wield luckily I got a few friends who has supported me with few different pistols so that I can find out who will do best as my sidearm

pistols

i'm lev 55...

i'm searching for a lev 100-105 Reet for my main hand,
    i've got a 82 ETE for my offhand.

keep in mind, i have two sets of implants...one to equip the reet in the main hand...then i put in the akimbo implants for the ETE.

funfunfun...

maybe i can pvp with these guns?

PVPing with pistols is dicey at best. I'm lost more times than I've won, and the only time I'm in a fight is when I get attacked first.

If you get a MA to give you subguide, and you have an enf hp buff, you might stand a chance, assuming you have good AC.

The Sentinel ETE's deliver fast consistent damage and avg crits where the Reets do slower damage with great crits.

If you crit somebody at the 50-60 level with your Reet, assuming your crits are 5-600, 4 crits will take them out. You need luck and subguide, and maybe a decent low light scope to do that.

And that is assuming you don't get wiped yourself first

Morelian
    lvl 82 adv
    QL 109 Desert Reet
    QL 95 Bern Vanilla Dream

Smile Zastaba pistols

I just started an adventurer and I found this QL 1 Zastaba pistol in a mission. I don't have the full name. It takes Ranged Nrg, Fling and Pistol as skills. Takes Nrg ammo and does fire damage. And the speed is not too slow either.

Are these fairly new pistols. Went to Rubi Quest and they only have the Zastaba Assault weapon in there item search. Not the pistol.

I'm wondering cause this Zastaba QL 1 pistol does more damage then a ETE strike at QL 1. 1 - 16 while the ETE strike does 1 - 8 I think.

I would like to know how much damage this pistol can do at higher lvls and where you can find them. They maybe the pistols that will make pistols a viable option again. But don't tell FunCom or everyone else about them or they may nerf these too.

ranged energy pistols

ranged energy = dark blue...

that's why i stay away from them.

i'd rather have a pistol/fling/burst than a pistol/fling/ranged energy or pistol/fling/burst/R.E. or a pistol/burst/R.E.

but that's just a personal choice.

level 101 Adv here

I dual wield pistols....now I am using a reet in my left hand and a PNG Tactical revolver in my right - have a set of higher level OT Boomers (the little ones that pack the big punch) for later.....from about level 40-80 I uaed Khemos and Reets...I really do hope they give us a dual wield buff- that would be something we could actually use to make money :P But in general, it does not get better as you level- right now any decent pistols are hard to find and you will consistently do less damage than everyone else in the team. Once you reach the level to cast it, Grinning Hunter really does noticeably increase your damage output. I guess my best advice I can give is look for a decent dmg/speed pistol that uses as little number of skills as possible (pistol, fling shot, burst, etc)- between spending IPs on main stats, my fighting skills, and the nano skills we use, I NEVER have any extra IPs....NEVER

Question Request for look around

I am using a ql67 Khemo-Tech (main hand) and ql61 Desert Reet (off hand) combo and perform still fairly well against even opponents (green/yellow) at level 52. Especially the Khemo Tech does decent damage against most MOBs/NPCs (average above 50, frequently 100+). The Desert Reet compensates with the Burst and the high crits (300+).
    Although this combo is IP intensive (Ranged Energy, Burst) I want to stick to it for while (although I have a set of other pistols in the backpack for testing purposes: Boomer, Atlas).

But, and this is my major concern, I can't find any decent Khemo-Tech, honestly I couldn't find any at all in the shops (advanced and superior) for more than two weeks now. I am neutral and thereby somewhat limited in the number of advanced/superior shops (although the situation greatly improved with the last patches). If possible, could I get some feedback from you other pistol users on the frequency and ql of the Khemo-Tech Model 200. I bought a ql76 in advance some time ago, so I have some time to go, but I already start thinking about equipping the ql76 one (lvl52).
    Thanks in advance.

So long,

Max(imilian)
    100% curious

I've seen Khemos for sale recently (12/12/01) in one of the superior arms sales shoppes, and while I admit to being tempted, I did not succomb to its allure....Khemos use the dreaded ranged energy, and if one were to do that, one might as well use Heavy Riders....Furthermore.....Khemos put out reliable heavy steady damage, and never run out of bullets....but crit so low you don't really notice it. Reets, Berns, Boomers, ETE's......those are the ones to spend your money on.

Pistols

Noticed some mention to "Main Hand" and "Off Hand" I have never heard of this. Does it make a differance if dual weilding 2 differant pistols where the higher one is?

By the way I use a QL 98-80 Atlas Vanilla. They punch pretty hard and the burst is nice. I have Been testing the the 98 Atlas with a 90 ETE. Seems to be working pretty good so far.

Jonzinator
    lvl 77 ADV in Rubi-Ka 1

Post Some o.t. info

*** Bug warning ***

I don't know, how long this has been around, or how well it is known, but be careful switching a pistol while you still have one equipped . At the weekend I wanted to exchange my ql67 (main hand) gun against a ql76 one. Unfortunately I 'RIGHT'-clicked on the ql67 with the ql76 attached to the cursor (exactly, like manual loading). And indeed, the system considered this action as loading of my equipped weapon. After loading, the ql76 gun dissapeared (like an ammo clip that is used up).
    As you can imagine, the friendly GM that responded to my petition, was not allowed to replace the vanished ql76 gun . So, NEVER, EVER right click (until it is fixed) with a gun/pistol on another one that takes the same ammo.
    Although this is no major loss, it took several days of searching and about 80k of cash to buy the ql76 Khemo-Tech, that dissappeared. I don't mind the item, as long as I can replace it, but the time I had to spend to search it is not as easy to replace.

*** Bug warning ***

-> Wonton: Khemo-Tech Model 200. Thanks for checking. Maybe I am just a bit paranoid, but since the last DB-update they reappear in the shops for me as well. Even 'very' high ql ones - I was able to purchase a ql105 one for later use.

-> Leroy: Well, it used to make a difference. Whenever you want(ed) to wield a 'second' weapon, you must (had to) meet the multi-requirements of the 'offhand' weapon. Try wielding a second gun, whose multi wield is to high for you.
    'Logically', this doesn't make sense. The only criteria to succesfully wield a second weapon should be the lower multi wield criteria of both of the weapons, irrespective of the hand you want to wield it (in my opinion). But by definition we are all right handed. Or did they change this without any larger notification?

So long,

Max(imilian)
    100% curious

Talking Best Pistol??/

"Best Pistol" has GOT to be the oxymoron of the year!

All in fun mates...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast