Thread: Question about Back Stab Damage

Question about Back Stab Damage

I frequently read about the amazing 10k+ back stab damage we do but for some reason my character isn't doing it. I'm level 160, my attack rating is 1046, my stabber is a ql200 compressed blade (posted in a recent shade guide as easily doing 10k+ damage) and I have always kept my sneak attack skill maxed.

Sometimes my back stabs are nice but 70% of the time they hit for normal weapon damage just like fast attack does, frequently under 1k. 30% of the time it hits for 2k-3k and very rarely rarely it can hit for 4-6k damage, happening roughly once every level 214ish team mission (sometimes twice, sometimes not at all).

I'm wondering if people have been exaggerating their backstab damage for bragging purposes or if my experience with this special attack is just like everyone elses. I'm not complaining here just because I'm not doing 15k damage every single time I use it, this is just curiosity.

how much sneak do you have i think theres another mod around 1k skill

atm i got 1400 and i hit 9k+ very often on 220+ mobs with nippy
    BettyRoss (A) dont ever turn yer back on a shady motha backstab4lyfe
    Gwend (A) The original complete healing engineer
    wtts :: prof ring quests

the "i dont need punctuation" army

You need a high sneak attack skill to get high backstab damage, kinda like AS except that you don't get +300 with a scope at level 80+

With 1337 SneakAttack skill (no joke ><) i get backstabs from 3.5k-ish (quite rare) to 13k (not that common) and a lot of 6-10k.

Thanks for the info, very good to hear. I don't remember exactly what my sneak attack is but it's title capped right now (hit title cap for 95% of my skills at 161). I don't think it's 1k base yet. I'll just keep on levelin!

I think it would be humorous if funcom made 1337 the magic number. :P

-Nightwind
    102 Shade RK2

Re: Question about Back Stab Damage

Originally posted by ****a
    I frequently read about the amazing 10k+ back stab damage we do but for some reason my character isn't doing it. I'm level 160, my attack rating is 1046, my stabber is a ql200 compressed blade (posted in a recent shade guide as easily doing 10k+ damage) and I have always kept my sneak attack skill maxed.

Sometimes my back stabs are nice but 70% of the time they hit for normal weapon damage just like fast attack does, frequently under 1k. 30% of the time it hits for 2k-3k and very rarely rarely it can hit for 4-6k damage, happening roughly once every level 214ish team mission (sometimes twice, sometimes not at all).

I'm wondering if people have been exaggerating their backstab damage for bragging purposes or if my experience with this special attack is just like everyone elses. I'm not complaining here just because I'm not doing 15k damage every single time I use it, this is just curiosity.

Level 157 here, using ql 200 CB as well.
    My record sneak attack is 11498, record stab is around 9k. I'll maybe get something this high once every 2 missions, and it's usually only on mobs like crats. I usually stab for about 900-2k now, sometimes in the 4-9k range.

EDIT: I'm currently using dagger in the back and composite special expertise, which brings my sneak attack skill to.... 942

Another Edit: My sneaks are usually pretty poopy most of the time.
    Last edited by With; Mar 11th, 2004 at 20:22:33.

agreed. you wont start to see 'reliable' sneak/bs damage until you've got a significant amount of sneak attack skill. im currently running about 1700 with an offense foot (+117), and adonis hecklers run from me it's not uncommon, but i'd say im looking at 8k+ sneaks/bs's more often than anything below. 20k+ alphas at this point or more or less commonplace. i've been wearing a 5% crit scope lately and it seems to help a LOT. with MoP or TTS the difference is even more apparent.
    The Damage Junkie and the Junk
    damage king of RK2
    [ Nanobots 10% Perk Specials 18% SneakAttack 8% Backstab 15% Regular 19% FastAttack 6% Critical 20% ]

hm,1100 ar,and 1k+ sneak,wearing nippys,highest bs was ~12k,it varries from 2-9 k usually
    Twister Rk3 Enforcer