Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Piercing Evil

Piercing Evil

Got mine after a few kills...only ql220 but it's still nice

Even if it looks more like an adventurer sword, i really like the look. Too bad it's r.hand only because it looks really stupid with nippy or any of the other peircing weapons i tried...

Damage is quite nice, even on full def even if it's still worse than nippy on min damage mobs. 1318 for PE Vs 1487 for Nippy (if I take off bracers to have same +Cold/Chem damage) but it's quite slower on full def. But as soon as the mob is heavily AC drained PE becomes very nice, equal or better than nippy even !

My weapons of choice will probably stay 2 nippies because of the 2 cold damage bracers i already have and Inferno mobs have massive AC. And i'm a full def fan too. But PE is staying close in inventory for teams with traders

*forgot the most important : infos about the boss dropping it*

The boss you wan't to kill is Aniitap's Shadow in Inferno near redeemed temple @ 2400x3250.

He's level 215 mob with low hp and 2-4k hits. I could solo him with some buffs but could easily do it at next level selfbuffed when i get the 3rd AMS/DMS leech from SP. Bring a healer to make it really easy.

The boss is also alone except some level 200-ish shadow wandering around and easy to pull. And beware of omnis training mortiigs on you while running to temple and feel free to annoy them for buffs while they're waiting for Galahad ^^

my only fear....

does it look like a craptacular inamorata rapier? =/
    The Damage Junkie and the Junk
    damage king of RK2
    [ Nanobots 10% Perk Specials 18% SneakAttack 8% Backstab 15% Regular 19% FastAttack 6% Critical 20% ]

As long as it doesn't look like the nippy it has to be an improvement! God that thing is fugly
    StabbaH - 200+ Shade

Dam :/

I realy wish they would design the shade weapons more in the image of how a shade should be. Evil looking weapons and not like some pirate sword.

ahoy there minnows! walk the plank! abast! whar's me peg leg wandered off to?

wtb swashbuckler sword (since the damn shadow has skipped two spawns in a row now)
    damage king of RK2
    [ Nanobots 10% Perk Specials 18% SneakAttack 8% Backstab 15% Regular 19% FastAttack 6% Critical 20% ]

Much nicer than the nippy ^^
    StabbaH - 200+ Shade

And there is a lvl 250 Aniitap boss a bit north of the shadow. I wonder if that one is dropping the ql260ish sword while the lvl 215 shadow would be dropping the ql220ish...

I would say thats a good guess.

Incase you didn't notice the only difference in the ql220 and 260 are the requirements and the MBS. The actualy damage template is the same at 175-425 (425) -- ChemicalAC.

EDIT: Oh and a small increase in the buff bonus.
    Last edited by KasDan; Mar 14th, 2004 at 18:12:20.

I could still self-equip a ql260 but higher MBS would mean ~100 more min damage which is pretty nice

Originally posted by Kaecia
    A screenshot
    *Casually borrows Kaecia's rapier thingy and starts mixing her drink with it.*

Seriously, it looks like these drink stirrers, but that's cool. All those little daggers were starting to look the same.
    *Atlantean*
    Firelle, Veteran of Valor Eternal
    Babylon, Plasticity, Sumeria, Senzi, Nefret, Haloed, etc.

*Rimor*
    Vivaryn

Cyclophenia - Played on GSP! Support Viredan's musical creations so he can buy more Plummo!

En garde! All for one and one for all! You will never prevail, Cardinal de Richelieu!

Now where's the hat with the big plumed feather?

/me runs off to see some Errol Flynn movies.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

ql 236 just dropped from the ql215 Aniitap. Dropped on second kill.

got a 220 from aniitap this morning...not impressed. no arul saba bracers yet, but my damage range on a 210 heckler seems to be 1331-1333 with totemic up. 21s fast attack recharge (with 1050 fa skill). maybe if i ever stumble upon a 250ish bloodlust i'll pair the two up and do a decent chem damage setup. for now, stickin with the nipplies.
    damage king of RK2

Yes the loss of the sub 7sec FA of the nippy is the biggest problem. On Rk this is actualy a dam fine weap, but considering u are going to be hunting stuff in Inf or hecklers its a let down. Still its not too bad if u don't have a second nippy like myself.

or a first nippy
    Healicia - Ragnarok
    BrutalThug - Ragnarok.

It's not evil it's cool! We're not peaceful white people we're cool powerhungry employees!

lol i'll take it off your hands in a heartbeat
    Vulcanon - MP Powa! [E]
    Vulcari - Shade Extraordinaire [E]
    Vulcness - Keeper of the Boringness [E]

I wonder if PE isn't better than nippy now with the incoming nerf...

In terms of min damage the PE and Nippy are the same. But the thing nippy alway had going for it was the 1/1 at full D and the very fast FA. I dunno if nippys FA gets changed aswell with the damage change as I don't know how FA cycle is worked out. The PE however has a higher BS/SA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast