Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AO Pet Scripting Utlitiy (Must Have!)

AO Pet Scripting Utlitiy (Must Have!)

Since my thread on Pet Colors i've been working on a new pet naming utility, it works like the current AO Petnamer, except it's more script orientated, allowing you to create your own custom scripts with variables, then have the app generate the scripts, replacing the variables with the actual data. e.g.

$MPAttackPet gets replaced with whatever you set your attack pet's name to. Its easier to understand once you've used it get it here:

LightHorizons.com

Screenshots Here and Here

In order to run it you will need the Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 which you can get from either Windows Update or Here

Please send any bugs/suggestions etc to: koniosis@hotmail.com

And leave feedback in this thread if thats easier.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Purr; Jul 26th, 2004 at 22:37:59.

Looks good! I'm gonna try it out for my MP. I used Petnamer previously and I loved it except that I like to edit the scripts, and if I change the pet names I have to re-edit the scripts because Petnamer overwrites my edits. This one looks like just what I need .
    Perk Planner: A great look at perks to help you choose for your character!
    Clicksaver: Roll missions to find items you need!
    MishBuddy: An alternative mission roller with some nice features.
    AO Pet Scripter A pet script maker for naming pets (in color)/making custom scripts.
    Atlas of Rubi-Ka: Must-have in-game planet map!
    IP planner: plan how to spend those valuable improvement points, and see how breed affects your profession.
    AO Crafter: OMG! This thing rocks!! Know what you need for tradeskills before bugging the engi or trader!! Or if you are the engi...
    Shadowlands Atlas: see where mobs/dungeons are and their levels.

yup, thats exactly why I made it, because I wanted my own scripts, and didn't want to change them everytime I renamed my pets

Personaly, i just renamed all my pets to the same names (Priness, Alchemist, Jester) and just wrote scripts for those names.

Simple and effective.

thats the idea yeh, but if you ever want to change the names...

... you reload Pet-namer and make changes?

I might check it out sometime but for the moment petnamer gives me eveything I need ^_^
    /me stands triumphantly over a dead Leet

Haha! The day is mine!

If you want it done fast, you'll get half-assed.

I am going to die. It might not be today, it might not be tomorrow, it might not be this month, it might not be this year, it might not be this decade. BUT, I'm going to die.

WTB Shadowleet morph. I'd r0xx0r!

I downloaded the program tonight and I must say, it sure is nice

Try both it and PetNamer (link in the signature) if you haven't used either before, and go with whichever you feel more comfortable with. The two programs are built along the same lines, so if you've used one, the other shouldn't be that foreign to use.
    If you're looking for any of these programs -
    ClickSaver, PetNamer, Anarchy Online Inventory System (AOIS), Character Profiler, Chat Alert, or Log Reviewer, you can find them at this website here.

Hey Covenant, thanks. The old pet namer is still good, especially for beginners, i think it's a good idea to start with petnamer and then move to pet scripter once you are comfortable with scripts and controlling pets (that is if you want to .

Old school notepad freak, but it sure looks like a tool I could use.

I'll try that out if and when I have time for sure.

WTB some boredom sometime. So much to do, so little time...
    Malusz, Fist of Chronos.
    Raised by the Guild of Meta-Physics.

Originally posted by Purr
    Hey Covenant, thanks. The old pet namer is still good, especially for beginners, i think it's a good idea to start with petnamer and then move to pet scripter once you are comfortable with scripts and controlling pets (that is if you want to .
    The philosophy behind PetNamer has always been to keep it simple. There are options to select which pets, the script names, and so forth, but that's behind an options screen; I literally wanted it to be something someone could load, type a name, push a button or two, and you get the scripts you want.

In fact, the program sprung from the idea that you could rename your pets during combat.

It is showing its age though. Would you believe that the first few versions of the program had the mezzpet control scripts defaulted to not be written... because the mezzpet was more a liability than an asset? Heh.

Good to see that I'm not the only one interested in the esoteric art of pet control.

Cov
    Last edited by Covenant; Apr 16th, 2004 at 06:27:51.
    If you're looking for any of these programs -
    ClickSaver, PetNamer, Anarchy Online Inventory System (AOIS), Character Profiler, Chat Alert, or Log Reviewer, you can find them at this website here.

Downloaded, installed, but I get an exception error when I try to run it. I just double-checked and I do have framework 1.1 installed. Any ideas?
    AO Pet Scripter A pet script maker for naming pets (in color)/making custom scripts.
    IP planner: plan how to spend those valuable improvement points, and see how breed affects your profession.
    AO Crafter: OMG! This thing rocks!! Know what you need for tradeskills before bugging the engi or trader!! Or if you are the engi...

This is what I get: A "Common Language Runtime Debugging Services" popup that says:

Appliction has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Process id=blah blah (this changes each time)

Click OK to terminate the application.
    Click CANCEL to debug the application.

<OK> <Cancel>

The debug option says I don't have the debugger installed. I was really looking forward to using this thing .

I'm using XP Home, 768MB Ram, 70GB free HD space, Athlon XP processor, I installed the scripter in the default C:\Program Files\AO Pet Scripter

Yurunn, can you download this version please:

Pet Scripter Debug Edition

It will give you detailed feedback on the reason for the crash, if you could, would you post anything you find out here please, that would be a great help thanks

It looks like it may have something to do with fonts. This is the popup I get now:

Exception:

Error Message: Font 'Courier New' doesn't support style 'Regular'..
    From: Void Initialize(System.Drawing.FontFamily, Single, System.Drawing.FontStyle, System.Drawing.GraphicsUnit, Byte, Boolean).
    Stack Trace: at System.Drawing.Font.Initialize(FontFamily family, Single emSize, FontStyle style, GraphicsUnit unit, Byte gdiCharSet, Boolean gdiVerticalFont)
    at System.Drawing.Font..ctor(String familyName, Single emSize, FontStyle style, GraphicsUnit unit, Byte gdiCharSet)
    at AOPetScripter.FormMain.InitializeComponent()
    at AOPetScripter.FormMain..ctor()
    at AOPetScripter.FormMain.Main().

Nice thanks for the great work

Yurunn, try editing the "Settings.xml" file in C:\program files\AO Pet Sripter change the <FontName>Courier New</FontName> to <FontName>Arial</FontName> or <FontName>Times New Roman</FontName>.

Hope that helps.

and you're welcome Eclipce

Originally posted by Purr
    Yurunn, try editing the "Settings.xml" file in C:\program files\AO Pet Sripter change the <FontName>Courier New</FontName> to <FontName>Arial</FontName> or <FontName>Times New Roman</FontName>.

Hope that helps.

and you're welcome Eclipce
    No settings.xml in my AO Pet Scripter folder...

Yurunn, you'll be please to hear that I've released a new verision on

LightHorizons.com

which should solve your problems, sorry about that

You need to fix the links on your page. They do not need a .\ in them.

Otherwise great job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast