Thread: Parry Sticks

Parry Sticks

I know I read this some where, but I can't find it any more. Right now I am a 85 Opifex MA and I currently use one fist and one parry stick. My MA and 1hb are capped for my title level, MA is 585 and 1hb is 370ish. I was wondering what level, be it IP or physical level, that the Parry sticks start to lower your damage potential. I plan on IPR'ing the 1hb skill when I get to the point it hinders me, but I dont know when that is.

I also have a question regarding attack rating and how it relates to damage dealt. Right now with the parry stick on my atk is 513, with it off its 585. My question is, does attack rating actually affect damage in terms of how hard you hit, or is it just how often you hit/miss?

Some advice would be greatly appreciated.

Wielding parry sticks probably can increase your damage output in RK. In SL, the minimum damage of the parry sticks may not be high enough. But since your 1hb is only 370, you might just leave the skill there if you don't like it at the moment, ipr won't really give you back tons of ip out of it. And there are SL 1hb weapons that you may want to try out in the future, and probably new 1hb weapons for MAs later as well.

For the attack rating, it affects both how hard you hit and how often you hit or miss. Probably, your attack rating of 513 only applies to the attacks associated with your parry stick, your fist attacks while wielding the parry stick should be linked to your MA skill of 585.
    McDonald happy meal new toys, the mini heckler doll series: Nature, Evolution, Earth, Stones, Metals, Harmony, Elements, Life and Dreams.

There's a brief period in newbiedom where parry sticks are good relative to the mobs (say levels 2 to 20 or so) and then the IP required versus the mob's evades makes them useless for another 130 or so levels. 150ish is a good time to start using a parry stick again, (if you're going to use them at all, plenty don't).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Use a claw instead

No, seriously, MA weapons can be quite effective (and fun as well) vs. green mobs, but vs. everything higher than that theres only one way to go, which is fists, since you will always have a lower attack rating when using weapons compared to fists only.
    ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled

WoW ftw.

Well, I hit 95 and decided to experiment with my damage. I reset my 1hb and raised a lot of my skills that were lacking. I maxed all my primary stats, maxed treatment, and maxed ranged evade. I got 112k IP out of reseting my 1hb skill and it went a long way towards ungimping my toon. His damage output is now much higher than it was with the stick and I was able to put on a lot of the implants and gear I was holding on to.

EDIT: level was 85, meant 95.
    Last edited by Xero-Kill; May 9th, 2004 at 22:42:12.
    Hitokiri "Manslayer" Battousai
    183 Opifex Martial Artist (Retired)

Black "Asuki" Knight
    138 Nanomage Doctor

Unit Commander of The Darkness Nova
    Rimor (RK2)

"The world we've made, as a result of the level of thinking we have done thus far, creates problems we cannot solve at the same level of thinking" -- Albert Einstein.

Originally posted by Xero-Kill
    Well, I hit 85 and decided to experiment with my damage. I reset my 1hb and raised a lot of my skills that were lacking. I maxed all my primary stats, maxed treatment, and maxed ranged evade. I got 112k IP out of reseting my 1hb skill and it went a long way towards ungimping my toon. His damage output is now much higher than it was with the stick and I was able to put on a lot of the implants and gear I was holding on to.
    amazing, i did exactly the same thing at that lvl, except i had to ipr mult melee also because i was duel wielding =p

i used a parry stick from level 2 to 200 and then took it off when i headed into SL...Against a fist MA youll probably outdamage them when on RK...SL tho, fists win due to the low min of the parry stick.
    President of Midnight Reveries

I still used it when i was 208, i still OD soldiers and other MA.
    As long as i have unused IP, i don't see why not use it.
    +100 evade is good in SL and +100 Parry is good for a high lvl BwT.

I like it

++
    Pkhunter Proud member of Space Sapins
    I find 95% of this game boring, but the other 5% are totally addictive.

I think later on when I start seeing a surplus of IP to spend, I will work a lot on my bow skills. I like the idea of opening up combat with a nice juicey AS. Hotswapping sucks so I will most likely go with a bow that has fast equip speed over one with better damage. We will see when I get there.
    Hitokiri "Manslayer" Battousai
    183 Opifex Martial Artist (Retired)

Black "Asuki" Knight
    138 Nanomage Doctor

Unit Commander of The Darkness Nova
    Rimor (RK2)

"The world we've made, as a result of the level of thinking we have done thus far, creates problems we cannot solve at the same level of thinking" -- Albert Einstein.