Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some hints for level 1-60 for SL newcommers.

Keeper level 1-60 Hints and Tips

Heyas,

I returned to AO a couple of weeks ago, and actually getting good noob info on Shadowlands and Keepers has been difficult. So, I scribbled down some info I wish I had when I started off, and hope this will save you some time and mindgrinding.

I started from scratch with no starting funds. This is how I started.

Breed; Solitus or Atrox would be the Keeper choice. Your main skill will be 2h edged I assume. That skill is based on str/sta, so I picked Atrox, since those abilities are green.

Faction; Faction does not matter at all at lower level, its just a hinderance. So neutral was my choice (startingpoint Jobe),- access to all gardens and all chat channels. You might want to make a choice of faction later on, since you definately want a token board later.

Geography; Download "Spheremap" to enhance your GUI planetmap,- helps alot when new to SL...

Level 1-10; If you want a flying start, you need a little help. Ask on the channels if someone can pick up a low QL Gentlemans sword from one of the Nascense Gardens. With it, you'll be rocking the training area. At level 9, do the Drake quests in the training area. Why level 9? Well, you can run faster, kill faster and still use your teleport bracer. At level 10 its perk- time. Aura of Revival, no question about it. At level 10, buy a Sundance suit armor from the NPC in training area, exit Jobe and head for Borealis, and browse mission terminals for 2 x Concrete Cushions (+16 str/sta) at QL10. Download Clicksaver for easy missionbrowsing. These Cushions will be great for later.

Level 10-20; Exit Jobe and enter the Nascense Bridge area. Kill some mobs around that area to get some Thrak and Aban Insignias (Garden keys), enter one of them, and save. Standing on the bridge, you will have Aban stone to the right, and Thrak stone to the left. Enter one of them or both to find an upgrade for your sword. Preferably higher QL Gentlemans sword. Once better equipped, head outside to the "bridge area" again and head north. Run passed the Spirit ruins until you come to a small lake with some spiders and malas. Kill them until you hit 20.

Level 20-40; New perk at level 20. I chose Reaver,- very nice special with good dmg. Now, where to go xp? Now you need to find the Cripplers static dungeon. Enter Thrak garden, find the stone that lets you exit to Frontier Outskirts. Turn around and head up the hill behind the statue, and zone. The Cripplers are down into the cave to the left. Get a team (very easy, always people here). Here you will find different "patterns" as loot,- it will supply you with cash enough for some decent upgrades and new nanos. Follow your team around and level,- you'll learn the basics of where to go fast. New perk at level 30,- step 2 of Aura of Revival. Head back to the garden and upgrade. Go back, and kill some more Cripplers. If well upgraded you'll do much better and faster solo this time. Do Cripplers until level 40. New perk, you need to start working towards Bio Shield level 3 ( Bio cocoon special), one point in Bio shielding.

Level 40-50; Time to get a new weapon. Now you have to go to Rubi Ka, to a place called Temple of the Three Winds. From Jobe Platform enter the "Rome Green" wompa. Once in Rome, take the road left, and again take the first left, and talk to the Cultist standing by some boxes in the alley. Give him 1000 credits, and he will give you a portal key wich will take you to the Temple entrance in Greater Tir County. What you need now is a Frost Scythe. Deathless Legionaires drop them inside the Temple. If you are familiar with the temple, you'll know where to go,- if not, join a team, always lots of teams here, and follow them around to familiarize yourself with the place, cause you're gonna spend some time here. If you can't self equip it now, go to town and get some implant upgrades or a trader wrangle. Now you'll be doing neat damage. At level 50, new perk,- Aura of Revival step 3.

Level 50-60; Its up to you really. I did the Garden keys quests and explored alot. You can either do that, or just stay at the Temple. Have in mind that you can not enter the temple if you are above level 60, so be sure to get everything of interest from the temple before dingin 61. Things you want from the temple:

-Stygian Desolator (will be your weapon for the next 60-70 levels)
    -Withered Flesh (shoulderpad with dmg absorb and mods)
    -Barrow Strength (shoulderpad with +dmg special and mods)
    -2 x Notum Rings (not too important, but has nice mods)
    -Exarch robe (nice armor mods, and works as a key to Inner Sanctum later on)
    -5 x Dark Memories (NCU upgrades wich give +40 nano each, and you need that nano)
    -Circuit Board (NCU belt with 5 slots)
    -Various gizmos of less importance.

At level 50 I went back to the mission terminals, and "blitzed" missions for better armor. Str/sta armor as high as I could fit into with buffs, implants and those Cushions you got earlier (+27 enforer buff, +20 doc buff, +16 from Cushions and +12 self-buff). If you've acumulated alot of money, you can buy a complete suit of some kind instead. Getting all the items listed above is not obligatory, you'll do fine without them. It will take time to get it, but its most definately worth it.
    At ding 60 its perk time again. Here I removed my Reaver perk, and added 2 points in Bio Shielding to get the Bio Cocoon special. This one is a lifesaver,- 800 dmg absorb.

If you at level 60 got everything above, you can head straight for the Hecklers in various areas in Nascense. You can easily solo these one by one for 20000 xp a kill. Lots of minor Heckler spawns around wich people never go to. Hecklers will drop ingots, wich will give you loads of credits. In the span from 60-100 I made more than 20 mill.

Skills; You do whatever you want to do with the skills and stats, but here is how I spent my points.

Str - max every level
    Agi - 100 at first, but has to be raised later.
    Sta - max every level
    Int - 100 at first, but has to be raised later.
    Sen - 100
    Psy - 100 at first, but has to be raised later.
    Body dev - max every level
    Nano pool - 150 at lvl 60

2h edged - max every level
    Melee init - max every level
    Evade ClsC - max every level
    First Aid - maxed to use the highest stims possible at all times.
    Run Speed - You'll be doing ALOT of running. I'm upping this max every level until 350 at first...

As for the other skills, I have them raised when needed. Don't max all your nano skills, but try to stay peaked, and use the highest nanos you can at all times.

What I did here is proably not the very best way to go, but you'll get an ok start...

Happy hunting
    Last edited by Vular; May 5th, 2004 at 14:51:13.

Why did u choose Gentleman over Tristram sword?

And can I make it in the game without the Bio Cocoon?
    Everyone keeps "nagging" about it, and it's really annoying me

Re. ToTW, why not Notum Rings?
    And who drops the dark memory?

Nice guide btw, can't wait 'till I'm lvl60 so I can see if I can take Hecklers, or if I'm really gimped :P
    BORN STUBBORN

Very nice guide yepp, got my keeper to 32 killing spirits/predators close to ergo in nascense, i use the tristram sword myself, works okey.

As for bio cocoon, no you don't need it but the benefits are rather huge, if you consider that sl mobs do all dmg types, you could get hit for chemical dmg the first hit, next is fire, then cold and so on and the absorb can take 800 dmg from each type, so you can drop a mob to half or more depending on your dmg output of course without taking any dmg at all, the absorb refreshes rather fast to so can probably use on every mob.
    Rimor Server
    Robotgubben lvl 173/14/29 engineer

Notum rings

Hehe offcourse I meant Notum rings. Thinking too much of ingots I guess, I'll correct it

Lien drops Dark memories (look up a guide for Temple for details)

Don't really need Bio Cocoon, but it sure helps when blitzing high level missions, killing Temple Bosses or when getting the 4th Heckler add when soloing....

Why Gentleman's over Tristram? Don't remember exactly why, not much difference (not using it very long either), but I guess I used it because it was faster.
    Last edited by Vular; May 5th, 2004 at 15:10:53.

You need bio cocoon, and blessing(hp and healing). When you first get bio, you can start killing mobs that con red(30 secs god mode :P). And when you get curing touch (150), you start beeing a nice healer too(heals for over 2k every 2 mins). You can use any other perk in between to get your suits on aso, but stick to those(AoR is nice, but blessing nicer, more controll over you own healing)imo

Nice guide, I'll just add my .02

-Bio Cocoon is a MUST. At lvl 60, the best perk setup to have would be Bio 3 and AoR3 (or Blessing 3).

-Stock up on Exarch Robes. You can sell these to lvl 125+ players for lots of money or save them for yourself later on.

-I'd suggest staying in jobe killing hecks until level 14 to stock up on ingots to get more money. then get 2 ql10 cushions for yourself and if you want get more and sell. they usually sell for 100k for one, or 300k for two.

-At 15, head straight for temple. You can usually find a team 15-25, and the cultists are perfect, fast xp, and you can loot them for money (not in SL). You can team there all the way up to 60, plenty of good loot and weapons there for you to get.

Hope that helps

Post my .02

You can also get an Energy Scythe from ToTW before you get a Frost Scythe... lower reqs mean you can use it sooner. Only difference is it has a min dmg of 95 instead of doing consistent dmg.
    Last edited by Valkyron; Jun 24th, 2004 at 05:25:42.

Re: Keeper level 1-60 Hints and Tips

Originally posted by Vular
    -2 x Notum Rings (not too important, but has nice mods)
    Not possible they're unique

Originally posted by l2c
    And can I make it in the game without the Bio Cocoon?
    You can but Bio Coccoon makes you godlike ... I could solo 2-3 Nasc heks at lvl 50ish at once i wouldn't be able to without BC...
    Last edited by _-EscritoreS-_; Jun 28th, 2004 at 18:38:07.
    Neophyte/Sergeant/Tactician Escritores - Proud General of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 220/27/56 - Soldier - Equip - outdated...
    Poacher Overpoweredz - Proud UC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 169/9/X - ADV - Equip outdated
    Chiropractor/Tactician Kartoon - Proud SC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 150/12/12 - Doctor - TL5 PvP incoming. Under construction.
    Also a Freshman Crat, Freshman/Student/Squire/Captain Keep, Freshman/Phreaker/Scout Fix and a bunch of other tower punks and alts...
    Soldier Weaponrack: Anger of Xan, Dreadloch Modified Shark, Amplified KOC-Type 13, Lord Of Anger, AHF, SRPB, KOC-Type 12, KOEC-Type 3, 179-214-237 Coop, Supernova, Omni-Flamer.
    Gromulator: Go troll in your cavern , mr happy Bunny.
    Romaas about lvl 49 soldier BS twinks using CDR's
    Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    at 49 its totally awesome damage.

2x notum rings are possible cause there are 2 kinds of notum rings
    Whatever!

Re: Re: Keeper level 1-60 Hints and Tips

Originally posted by _-EscritoreS-_

Not possible they're unique

Possible There are 3 different unique Notum-Rings in the ToTW.

Hmm yes there's 3 but as far as i recall they got the exact same name so it wasn't possible... I might be wrong..
    Neophyte/Sergeant/Tactician Escritores - Proud General of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 220/27/56 - Soldier - Equip - outdated...
    Poacher Overpoweredz - Proud UC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 169/9/X - ADV - Equip outdated
    Chiropractor/Tactician Kartoon - Proud SC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 150/12/12 - Doctor - TL5 PvP incoming. Under construction.
    Also a Freshman Crat, Freshman/Student/Squire/Captain Keep, Freshman/Phreaker/Scout Fix and a bunch of other tower punks and alts...
    Soldier Weaponrack: Anger of Xan, Dreadloch Modified Shark, Amplified KOC-Type 13, Lord Of Anger, AHF, SRPB, KOC-Type 12, KOEC-Type 3, 179-214-237 Coop, Supernova, Omni-Flamer.
    Gromulator: Go troll in your cavern , mr happy Bunny.
    Romaas about lvl 49 soldier BS twinks using CDR's
    Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    at 49 its totally awesome damage.

The Notum rings do have the same name but buff 3 different sets of nano skills.

One buffs BM/MM, another MC/TS, the third PM/SI.

The problem with this is I believe they nerfed the drop rates for the MC/TS and PM/SI rings... Confirmation is needed on this.
    "Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." (Albert Einstein)

Explorer 73% Achiever 53% Socializer 53% Killer 20%

How do you use clicksaver to look up the cushions?
    -does it have to be done exactly at lv 10?..

Originally posted by _-EscritoreS-_
    Hmm yes there's 3 but as far as i recall they got the exact same name so it wasn't possible... I might be wrong..
    you are correct

I would say tho, go to subway @ lvl24 & pick up a few Ring's of Nuclius Basilis one for yourself & 1 or 2 to sell.

also untrain reaver @ lvl50 & put it into BC, because it kicks ass

also, grab some Guardian Tank Armor from totw, it's a very nice back peice

Originally posted by ChipMo
    I would say tho, go to subway @ lvl24 & pick up a few Ring's of Nuclius Basilis one for yourself & 1 or 2 to sell.
    While you're there, grab the boots from the first boss (strike foreman or something like that). The AC are good for their level, but they also cast the +40 adventurer run speed buff - and remember you do not need to *wear* them to activate the buff (like the absorb shield from the enforcer tank armor in biomare). You can't get enough runspeed while travelling in SL
    The ring from the final boss (+10 multi-melee and -ranged) is also nice and sells pretty well...

I think you forgot one importent keeper temple item:

Notum Splice

the added max nano is awesome..and yes every profession can "wear" this implant.

Upupa (220/20/60) Valhall Guardians. equip
    Tantal (220/25/68) Atrox Keeper

You can wear two of the different types of notum rings at the same time. I use two atm.(SI/PM,MM/BM)

Quote Originally Posted by Upupa
    I think you forgot one importent keeper temple item:

Notum Splice

the added max nano is awesome..and yes every profession can "wear" this implant.
    I consider this a definate must!! Especially with my Trox keeper, this saved me loads IP that i could use my advantage elsewhere
    Last edited by SirNegs; Jun 10th, 2005 at 04:04:15.

spheremap

how dose it work, dont realy get it =P

Exclamation It's an (right?) wrist implant

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomoor
    how dose it work, dont realy get it =P
    So, head back to the shop, smack the surgery clinic and pop it in. Questions?

yours friendly,
    Hemsut

PS:
    You can't _use_ it, as it's nanomage only _TO_USE_ but it's _wearable_ by every breed / profession.
    One rule: Don't be stupid!
    It's an expansive rule, it covers a lot of ground.

my sweety -- Hemsut
    the rough guy -- Menthu

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast