Thread: [MP WISHLIST] Suggestions for the pet window

[MP WISHLIST] Suggestions for the pet window

I am not sure if someone has posted this already, but I have a couple additions I would like to see in the pet window.
    I have the pet window up all the time, and I was thinking it would be great to have the remaining time left on the pets in that window. I was also thinking about it stating what target the pet was currently fighting/healing. I know I can use /pet report and get this info but this would be convient for those who use this window. This would go for not only MP pets, but for engi and crat pets/charms too. What do you guys think?
    Lorahxi ~ Advisor of Arcane Legacy

I would like to see it smaller and not dependant on the big ass black buttons, despite whatever skin mod your using.
    I would like for there to be a termination button, that points to a confirmation, much like when you drop things on the ground.
    I would like for it to be smaller.
    Did I mention I would like for it to be smaller?

Yes Poire - but I think you missed one important improvement:

It should be smaller

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

Originally posted by Poire
    I would like to see it smaller and not dependant on the big ass black buttons, despite whatever skin mod your using.
    I would like for there to be a termination button, that points to a confirmation, much like when you drop things on the ground.
    I would like for it to be smaller.
    Did I mention I would like for it to be smaller?
    Yes, a terminate button would be awesome, I thought of that after I posted this thread. And, I also agree we should be able to resize the window if we want, I would definitely make mine smaller. Well, let me rephrase that... it can be resized, but the smallest it gets takes up 1/3 of my screen when I am playing windowed mode at 1024x768.
    Last edited by Lorahxi; May 25th, 2004 at 09:45:59.

making it smaller would be nice.

personaly i think if they made the pet hp bars in the pet window the same size as the other hp bars (top left/right) it would decreace the size by at least 50% the only downside to having the hp bars that size would be seing the names of the pets but if u could have a color code for pet hp bars like the following it shouldent be a problem

red = attack
    green = heal
    yellow = mezz

that way you wouldent need the bars to read the pat name therefore they wouldent need to be that size.

also because of the new chat GUI having a right click menu couldent we just have all the pet commands on a dropdown menu like that instead of having them big buttons.

most of the mp's i know use macros for each pet and dont realy see the need for havig buttons on a window that we just use for seing pet health so the menu would cut down the size another 30% making the actual size of the box somthing like this.

-------------------
    | ---------------- |
    | ---------------- |
    | ---------------- |
    -------------------

same 3 bars for the pets but alot smaller still have all the commands on a right click interface but at the same time being able to see the pet health.

this is just an idea but one i think would help freeup much needed veiwing space on the screen.

I like those ideas Velis, some stuff I didn't even think about.
    The only problem I see is that people who are color-blind would have a hard time I think.
    Last edited by Lorahxi; May 25th, 2004 at 10:11:33.

ability to remove the buttons altogether, since as you state, most MPs use scripts. Also I agree, make the hp bars the same size as our "small" hp/nano/xp bars. Instead of names, perhaps have icons? Athough it's good to be able to see the names to make sure your rename script worked.

Also a nano bar below the hp bar for the heal pet? Since at low levels the nano tends to run out.

Sort the icons out for instill etc, so that they are no longer ?'s, hell, just use the icon that appears in the quick bar (surely this is just a database update?)

current fighting/healing/mezzing target would be nice (perhaps a scrolling name next to the pet hp bars (instead/as well as the command buttons).

Time left MUST be added, that is a big one, I really want to see that above all else, i've said before, have the time left after the name of the pet (or overlayed on the pet icon if it changes to that). e.g. Fluffy (2:30).

I summary:

* Smaller window
    * Resizable window
    * (option) for icons instead of names
    * (option) for small style hp bars
    * Option to remove command buttons
    * Current fighting/mezzing/healing target
    * Time left for pet
    * Nano bar for heal pet

Ok this is no brainer, its going in the wishlist

Its going to be for these:

-Resizable window.
    -Target the pet is fighting/healing.
    -Pet timer.
    -Pet terminate button.
    -Also Because of the new chat GUI having a right click menu couldent we just have all the pet commands on a dropdown menu like that instead of having them big buttons.
    -Nano bar for heal pet.
    -Option for icons instead of names.
    -Option for small style hp bars.

For any addition changes or additions please post in here.
    Last edited by Trilic; May 26th, 2004 at 03:32:10.
    Currently sniffing the back of your neck.
    Trilic lvl 215 Meta-Physicist Deity
    W
    ..:: Got Mocham? No? Then try The MP Guide. ::..

Fixed order of pets in both pet window and on shift-F1-3. Something like this, and its always like that, even if dont have all three pets up :

Shift-F1 : Attack pet
    Shift-F2 : Heal pet
    Shift-F3 : Mezz pet
    Funcom Content Designer

How to get started on TestLive
    How to write bug reports

A lot of small steps make one giant leap forward.
    "Patchnotes: Nerfed all characters named Metaing, they where too powerful."
    To bug or not to bug, that is the question
    Run like a man or Die like a woman

I've been looking for a pet timer for awhile now, without hitting report. And of course a smaller window...
    ArchPriest Katelin 'Lunayu' Saar - Former President of the Guild of Meta-Physics
    Former Council Member of the Council of Truth

House Demonslap
    A little Anger never hurt Nobody...

"It's called an Anger Manifestation not a Love Manifestation!"
    "And how does that make you feel?"

hit

Don't forget... you'll need 4 colors if you plan on doing the color coded system. Service towers are handy in very specific situations, but when an MP uses them..they can have 4 pets running at one time. I prefer the names... but maybe they can make double clicking turn the names off and on (like the xp/hp/nano bars did in old GUI).

I don't use the buttons personally... so a minimize feature to get rid of those would be great... as would HP bars at half the size. The nano bar would be great addition as well.

And BIG bump for fixing them in place... Shift+F1 = attack etc... it's such a pain when I recast caco and he's suddenly F3 when he was F1 just a moment ago.
    Last edited by Xtrememeta; May 26th, 2004 at 07:47:17.

Xtrememeta - -- lvl 175 MP
    Xtremefixer -. -- lvl 121 Fixer
    Xtremefists -- -- lvl 100 MA
    XtremeNT ---. -- lvl 3 NT

Party (RP) Alts
    Doyan -------. -- lvl 82 MA
    Donigan -----. -- lvl 25 Engi
    Skiper -------. -- lvl 61 Fixer

Dont forget a possible 5th pet, the AI leets we might get with pre-ordering AI.
    Funcom Content Designer

How to get started on TestLive
    How to write bug reports

A lot of small steps make one giant leap forward.
    "Patchnotes: Nerfed all characters named Metaing, they where too powerful."
    To bug or not to bug, that is the question
    Run like a man or Die like a woman

Don't forget... um.... nevermind...

I forgot.

Xtrememeta - -- lvl 175 MP
    Xtremefixer -. -- lvl 121 Fixer
    Xtremefists -- -- lvl 100 MA
    XtremeNT ---. -- lvl 3 NT

Party (RP) Alts
    Doyan -------. -- lvl 82 MA
    Donigan -----. -- lvl 25 Engi
    Skiper -------. -- lvl 61 Fixer

Thumbs up

w00t! This looks good guys, thanks so much for your imput.

Just to say .. yes please! I would love to be able to get rid of the useless, space hogging buttons and make the window smaller.
    Metabop 201 MP RK2
    ... And the wise men don't know how it feels, to be thick as a brick ...

Already been added to Wishlist.
    Currently sniffing the back of your neck.
    Trilic lvl 215 Meta-Physicist Deity
    W
    ..:: Got Mocham? No? Then try The MP Guide. ::..

my 2 cents:
    *) make the bars smaller and remove the buttons
    *) attackpet first all the time, heal pet second and mezpet last. i dont worry about the order but it should be the same all the time. i hate it that it changes everytime i need to recast a pet.
    *) commands to the pets without buttons but with a context menu. the context menu should be customizable.that could be done quite easy with scripts. lets say you got a folder in ao directory full of scripts. you can add or remove scripts and every script in this folder is one command in the context menu. the name of the pet you clicked right will be sent to the script as a parameter which can be handled in the script or not (in that way you can give specific orders or just orders for all pets)

PLZ smaller

Though I've gotten my window to fit nicely over my OOC now Still, being able to put in a smaller space would be really nice.

Puting the pet health bars vertical would help
    and using icons instead of text on the command buttons would make them smaller, just add the functon of the button as a mouse over tooltip just like with the menu buttons.
    |0|[S][ ]----|0|[S][ ]------|0|[S][ ]
    |/ |[T][ ]----|/ |[T][ ]------|/ |[T][ ]
    |2|---[ ]----|1|---[ ]------|5|----[ ]
    |0|10:0-----|5|5:34--------|0|30:43
    | |----------| |------------| |

First of all it would be at least half the lengt of the current window shorter, a major improvement even if i do say so myself.

then its resizeable vertically enlarging the healthbars for more detail so u can see the minute amounts of damage the Riwren recieves from rk mobs, before it heals.
    and horizontally putting the barts and buttons farther appart, also allowing you to see the full name instead of a shortened name.

because of the new size it's thin enough to fit into the side bar, though I think a lot of people might cose not to do that.

the healthbars have numbers in them like the stats window(just a personal preferation) the A(attack) F(follow) S(stand) H(heal) are suposed to be Icons.

and the [T] is a terminate button, as a anternative to /macro DIE!!! /pet "%t" terminate taking up quickbar space, used for when you want to fix a bugged pet, as (currently) terminate is the only way to fix a bugged pet.(I think that pet warp should aslo clear aggro pathing and other lists)

The window shows the remaining time of a pet wich is really nice to know I now have a report macro in my quickbar witch is room i could really better use for something else.

the NCU goes behind the buttons still in the miniature icons, witch are about the best thing about the current pet window.

Garremp's idea of having the order not change is great too and I would like to second his motion :P
    Last edited by System_Crush; Sep 1st, 2006 at 13:00:16. Reason: No multyspacing alowed had to replace all spaces with ---

Quote Originally Posted by Metaing View Post
    Fixed order of pets in both pet window and on shift-F1-3. Something like this, and its always like that, even if dont have all three pets up :

Shift-F1 : Attack pet
    Shift-F2 : Heal pet
    Shift-F3 : Mezz pet
    PLEASE! I hate summoning a new attack pet and having it go to a different spot when I've been hitting shift-F2 to buff it/switch the heal pet to it for half an hour.
    Villagebike - 220/22 Metaphysicist - Rebuilding
    Fyxi - 220/25 Fixer - Schtuff
    Nullnvoid - 164/6 Keeper - Supahgimp
    Skrappy - 150/2() Agent - wtb axpeh pl0x
    Irolldadvlol - 60/2 Adventurer - Ubahgimp

Quote Originally Posted by Means
    "FC Nerfsquad" When I have that made into a t-shirt I'll give you full credit.
    Join Primal Instinct in Age of Conan
    give it some love