Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creation shield suggestion

[Wishlist] Creation shield suggestion

Shield of Chaos

The Meta-Physicists mind is still an area of investigation. We all know how it went with Neleb the Deranged; Thou entering maddness might be a way to grasp the full power of the profession. Some scientists at Jobe research lab have recently been able to extract the essence of chaos and implant it in a powerful creation-shield. They scientist belive that metaphysicans are the right profession to deal with this exciting essence of chaos and here is the result.

Slot: LeftHand
    Flags: VisibleFlag, NoDrop
    MultiMelee: 600
    AttackRange: 3m
    EquipTime: 10s
    InitiativeType: MeleeInit.
    AttackTime: 1s
    RechargeTime: 3s
    Damage: 100-100 (54) -- EnergyAC
    Atk. Skills: SpaceTime: 50%
    Matter Creation: 30%
    1 h blunt: 20%
    Def. Skills: EvadeClsC: 100%
    Duration: 4 hours

Requirements

ToWield: Self 1hBlunt >= 734
    Self SpaceTime >= 1465

Events/Effects

OnWear: Modify Wearer AddAllDef 300
    Modify Wearer intelligence + 32
    Modify Wearer Max health - 100
    Modify Wearer Reflect all AC 18%
    Modify Wearer Duck Explosion and Thrown Objects 500
    Modify Pets Add Nanoresist 500 (8 meters)
    Modify Pets Add all off/def 50 (8 meters)

Nanocrystal (Creation: Shield of Chaos)

ToUse: Self MaterialCreation >= 1465
    Self BiologicalMetamorphosis >= 1465
    Self SpaceTime >= 1465
    Self Profession == Meta-Physicist

Edited "modify pets"
    Ëdited reflect all AC: 26% --->18%
    Edited max health: - 200 ---->- 100

EDIT: SE THE REMADE SHIELD BELOW
    Last edited by Upupa; Jun 5th, 2004 at 00:47:34.

Upupa (220/20/60) Valhall Guardians. equip
    Tantal (220/25/68) Atrox Keeper

Me making comments how I have been thinking

The added int/psy at staff + shield give sligtly more (2 more) then multiwielding OT. jess. This might be a help to upgrade the tier 3 armor.

I have tested the staff of Glaring in auno.org´s damage calculator(attackrating 1600, AC 40 000, full def, melee init. 1000 and 10 sec) and it is better then skull of misery, equal to superior skylight shield but not so good as the skull of despair. Thou getting 1600 attackrating in pure 1 h blunt ain´t really possible for a mp. New calculation with 1200* attackrating for the pure 1 h blunt weapons (900 fast attack and 1000 brawl) and 1600 for the staff gave (full def.):
    1) Cold Callous Cudgel (ql 300)
    2) Callous Cudgel (ql 299)
    3) Skull of Despair
    4) Staff of Glaring
    5) Skull of Misery

I think this is well balanced since the staff is really hard to wield.

The wider perspective
    The main reason for this post is to suggest a viable alternative for soloing. You should be able to use this creation combo at level 206/207 (or earlier with a wrangle) without implants for 1 h blunt or multi melee.
    I would like this creation combo to be a real option in PvP aswell as PvM. It will help us in PvP to an extent that we might leave the AS bow/rifle at home.
    - the pets gets harder to root, snare etc.
    - we get better evades.
    - we get better resist against offensive nanos to.

*double implanted 1 h blunt, lvl 217 mp.

Maybe 3 high-level shields instead
    It may be better with one shield more orientated towards PvP and two for PvM. I was trying to squueze both in one shield...

Shield of Chaos
    lvl >==207
    As the shield I have described in below but sligtly lower reflect (17%) and a better add all def/off-aura (100) for the pets.

Shield of Resist
    lvl >==210
    Aura with nanoresist and snar/root-line for the pets.
    This shield should be aimed towards PvP.

Shield of last Thought
    lvl >==218
    With good reflect (19%) and add all def (340) for the wearer
    Aura with add all def/off + root/snare resist for the pets..
    Last edited by Upupa; Jun 1st, 2004 at 05:58:19.

Staff of lunacy

After creating the Shield of Chaos, the Jobe research came up with a new creation staff for The Meta-Physicists. It reminds of the Gold Acantophis but without the poison effect.

Slot: RightHand, LeftHand
    ItemType: Weapon
    MultiMelee: 1221
    EquipTime: 2s
    AttackTime: 1.4s
    RechargeTime: 2.8s
    Damage: 118-257 (126) -- PoisonAC
    Atk. Skills: SpaceTime: 80%
    1hBlunt: 20%

Requirements

ToWield: Self 1hBlunt >= 782
    Self SpaceTime >= 1400

Events/Effects

OnWear:
    Modify Wearer NPCostModifier -6%
    Modify Wearer Psychic + 20
    Modify Wearer Nanoresist + 70
    Modify Wearer Strength + 10
    ModifyResistance Wearer Snare Line 1%
    ModifyResistance Wearer Root Line 2 %
    ModifyResistance Wearer Calm/Stun Line 2 %

Added another staff below.

Staff of Glaring

Description to be added. Some look that sticks in your eyes maybe

Slot: RightHand, LeftHand
    ItemType: Weapon
    MultiMelee: 1241
    AttackRange: 4m
    EquipTime: 2s
    AttackTime: 1.4s
    RechargeTime: 2.8s
    Damage: 160-345 (80) -- PoisonAC
    Atk. Skills: SpaceTime: 80%
    1hBlunt: 20%

Requirements

ToWield: Self 1hBlunt >= 1000
    Self SpaceTime >= 1700

Events/Effects

OnWear:
    Modify Wearer NPCostModifier -7%
    Modify Wearer Psychic + 42
    Modify Wearer Intelligence + 10
    Modify Wearer Nanoresist + 130
    Modify Wearer Strength + 16
    ModifyResistance Wearer Snare Line 3%
    ModifyResistance Wearer Root Line 5 %
    ModifyResistance Wearer Calm/Stun Line 5 %
    Last edited by Upupa; May 31st, 2004 at 22:22:00.

I am still looking over some of the addiontal bonus's of those creations, but shouldnt the 1hb weapon be on the right hand, to go with the shield?

And +500 NR on that shield seems alittle high. Considering at lvl 214 I have 1900 NR self buffed with HHAB ring.
    Currently sniffing the back of your neck.
    Trilic lvl 215 Meta-Physicist Deity
    W
    ..:: Got Mocham? No? Then try The MP Guide. ::..

Originally posted by Trilic
    I am still looking over some of the addiontal bonus's of those creations, but shouldnt the 1hb weapon be on the right hand, to go with the shield?

And +500 NR on that shield seems alittle high. Considering at lvl 214 I have 1900 NR self buffed with HHAB ring.
    The +500 is for the pets^^
    ..and the staff goes to right OR left hand. (me guessing you have been reading to fast

Don't know about that Max Nano Energy, not really needed, considering we have about 10k+ around the level we would be able to use this....And with +20 Psychic already, I think the nano is overkill.

Modify Wearer Duck Explosion and Thrown Objects 500: lol, I actually like this, considering I dont think I have ever raised it.

And about those effects on the Pets...well I dont know how easy that would be to do. But it is a wishlist, and I want to wait for more comments.
    W

Originally posted by Trilic
    Don't know about that Max Nano Energy, not really needed, considering we have about 10k+ around the level we would be able to use this....And with +20 Psychic already, I think the nano is overkill.

Modify Wearer Duck Explosion and Thrown Objects 500: lol, I actually like this, considering I dont think I have ever raised it.

And about those effects on the Pets...well I dont know how easy that would be to do. But it is a wishlist, and I want to wait for more comments.
    thx for the comments...removed "Max Nano Energy"...

I think the Pet effects should work like an aura (ex. crat aura that add all def/all off). This means that your pets have to be fairly close to you. Ok, added range at that effect^^

I wonder if the "reflect all AC" is to powerful..? Maybe lower it to 16% ?
    Last edited by Upupa; May 31st, 2004 at 17:48:04.

Good idea to have a viable alternative to Skull of Despair/Skylight Shield for the ones as unlucky as me .
    And yes, the reflect percentage is probably too high.

hmm i might even use creations if we got this
    imo the reflect should be like 18%-20% higher is like almost rrfe:P
    meh 2 cents
    There is some truth in your fiction and some fiction in your truth...

/tell Enderts ^__^

Originally posted by Kekrops
    hmm i might even use creations if we got this
    imo the reflect should be like 18%-20% higher is like almost rrfe:P
    meh 2 cents
    I lowered reflect all to 18%.
    Increased min. dmg a bit at the first staff (110 -->118), lowered it at the second (180 --> 160).
    Also increased speed sligthly (1,5 -> 1,4 attack) Now it should be more balanced.
    Last edited by Upupa; May 31st, 2004 at 22:20:25.

I would use the shield (wtb shield that half my hand doesn't stick through)

215/15 | Lagerlad Atrox Adventurer | eqp | Mostly indestructible
    214/13 | Xpie Atrox Meta-physicist | eqp | Supernova!
    Member of Ragnarok

Hmmm - for my money the damage is on the high side given the power of the buffs. These things tend to go in balance to an extent, with high damage paired with low/no buffs and low damage paired with higher buffs. So for my money adding 100 min damage to the shield as well as adding all those (very nice) buffs might be too much. The 1HB creation staves look more reasonable all in all.

Just one thing on the details side - on the shield you buff AddAllDef for 300 and then Duck Exp for 500. Essentially, that's a +800 buff to Duck exp on a single item for a profession that's supposed to be a mid-range evader. Add on top of that AddAllDef imps and some other bits and bobs and the MP would be up to 1100+ Duck buffs. It's just waaaaay too much and makes a mockery of the basis of skills and skill colours.... we'd end up with more Duck from item buffs than from the skill itself.

If you're adding AddAllDef 300, there's no good reason or need to add 500 extra Duck Exp.

It's tough to specify amounts of buff for Nano Resist on the pets. Since we have no direct way of measuring how much the pet already has, it makes it difficult to actually quote a figure for how much it should be increased. Also, the effects of very high nano-resist go beyond the usual crowd control resistance and into blinds, damage and init debuffs, perk special resistance, AMS debuffs etc etc... I worry about the pets potentially becoming too resistant to all forms of nano which removes defences for a large number of professions which then brings balance issues to mind.

Perhaps it would be better to target the kind of resistance most desired for the pets: Root-Snare-Calm line innate resistance?

Just a thought.

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

The + 500 to duck explosives is a flavor of the chaotic essence the shield is made of. But I can´t argue that + 800 would be a bit overpowered. I might change that to + 200 instead.

I was a bit uncertain if the shield should add damage. This isn´t the importent part of the shield. I can see that removing dmg would help arguing for nice buffs.

About the nanoresist part. I don´t know a lot about all kinds of roots, snares etc. , exact how they work and how they are avoided. But I like this nanoresist idea very mush. It is simple and not used as aura yet. Engineers got a + 200 buff in "Coherent Polarized Screening". The shield should add at least 150.

I like the idea of a iniate resist for roots etc. that you suggested.

With all this in mind the shield might look like this:

Shield of Chaos

The Meta-Physicists mind is still an area of investigation. We all know how it went with Neleb the Deranged; Thou entering maddness might be a way to grasp the full power of the profession. Some scientists at Jobe research lab have recently been able to extract the essence of chaos and implant it in a powerful creation-shield. They scientist belive that metaphysicans are the right profession to deal with this exciting essence of chaos and here is the result.

Slot: LeftHand
    MultiMelee: 600
    EquipTime: 10s
    AttackTime: 1s
    RechargeTime: 3s
    Damage: 0-0 (0) -- EnergyAC
    Atk. Skills: SpaceTime: 5%
    Matter Creation: 3%
    1 h blunt: 2%
    Duration: 4 hours

Requirements

ToWield: Self 1hBlunt >= 734
    Self SpaceTime >= 1465

Events/Effects

OnWear: Modify Wearer AddAllDef 300
    Modify Wearer intelligence + 32
    Modify Wearer Max health - 100
    Modify Wearer Reflect all AC 18%
    Modify Wearer Duck Explosion and Thrown Objects 200
    Modify Pets Add Nanoresist 150 (8 meters)
    Modify Pets Add all off/def 50 (8 meters)
    ModifyResistance Pets Root line 10% (8 meters)
    ModifyResistance Pets Snare line 8% (8 meters)
    ModifyResistance Pets Calm/Stun Line 8% (8 meters)
    ModifyResistance Pets Charm line 8% (8 meters)

Although the skills are very high to prevent abuse you may want to add up a level restriction or a TL7 restriction.

The wands I think are just a bit too good: either you want damage or buffs, having both of them on the same item makes it a bit too powerful for something cast off of a nano.

Now if said nano is supposed to be camped, as in "camp for JAME" or "Camp for Nippy" then why not. OK, that sure wouldn't help prices to cool down or camping to cease, but at least we'd know it was what was intended from design.

Instead of lowering the reflect damage, I think I'd up it but restrict it to some particular kind of damage, be it physical or elemental, something like:

25% Reflect melee damage
    20% Reflect projectile damage
    20% reflect energy damage

Nothing for elemental, radiation or poison damage. BTW this is just an exemple. If there was a way to test out this shield on test server I'd be very curious to have feedback about tests done.

One more thing: I like and dislike int/psy buffs. The thing annoying me again is the damage done by buffing item. Lower a lot the Psy buffs on both staffs and you get a buyer.
    I'd give top one a +16 Psy buff max. +42 is asking for the nerf bat.
    Malusz, Fist of Chronos.
    Raised by the Guild of Meta-Physics.

Originally posted by Wizz
    Although the skills are very high to prevent abuse you may want to add up a level restriction or a TL7 restriction.
    I don´t see any point having a lvl restriction for creation weapons. Maybe to prevent people with personal towers to use theese items very early.

The wands I think are just a bit too good: either you want damage or buffs, having both of them on the same item makes it a bit too powerful for something cast off of a nano.

Now if said nano is supposed to be camped, as in "camp for JAME" or "Camp for Nippy" then why not. OK, that sure wouldn't help prices to cool down or camping to cease, but at least we'd know it was what was intended from design.
    Yeah the damage may still be a bit to high...hmm

It could be quest items.
    all the blueprint of The new creation nanos have been stolen, say a spokesman from Jobe research lab
    Rumors hold with hand that a former scientists from the lab have produced nanocrystals from the blueprints and he is now hiding in a cave deep into shadowlands. The rumors also tells that this cave can only be entered by a single person. Some sort of cruel defense system activates when more people enter.

Instead of lowering the reflect damage, I think I'd up it but restrict it to some particular kind of damage, be it physical or elemental, something like:

25% Reflect melee damage
    20% Reflect projectile damage
    20% reflect energy damage
    Yeah this would have been great for Rubi-Ka, but with SL mobs that change AC-type all time a over all reflect AC would be better.
    Looking at different nanoprogram that give reflect I can see that 18% is pretty high as it is. If we should add a higher % reflect it should have some maxreflect to.

I like the thought thou. The chaotic essence in the shield should give some "not-perfect" AC-pattern.

One more thing: I like and dislike int/psy buffs. The thing annoying me again is the damage done by buffing item. Lower a lot the Psy buffs on both staffs and you get a buyer.
    I'd give top one a +16 Psy buff max. +42 is asking for the nerf bat.
    I have been thinking about this abilitie bonus a lot. You can see it as a subtitute for the max nano energy add that the old creation-stave have. For a nanomage MP 42 psy ~ 40 max nano. The buff help the MP to upgrade her/his tier 3 armor aswell. The buff ain´t really powerful since Psychic ain´t essential for many skills. Besides Nanopool it is QFT and Nanoresist that get some good tricle down from Psy.
    Last edited by Upupa; Jun 1st, 2004 at 01:34:10.

i totally love the quest idea.
    maybe some some sort of dungeon as u mentioned that has a number of trials, each trial giving a piece of the nano pattern or something like that
    the "camp ur nano" idea is bad
    u can prolly keep the high dmg and reflects if the trials are hard enough
    w00t quests for items cool
    There is some truth in your fiction and some fiction in your truth...

/tell Enderts ^__^

Added Staff of Glaring, Staff of Lunacy, and Shield of Chaos to the Wishlist.

Changes to this wishlist item may be made. Still need to do some reviewing on this. But added it there anyways for now.
    W

I missed this thread somehow. Put a [WISHLIST] on the subject heading of this thread, it would be more noticable to those looking to add info to wishlist threads. I don't get to post everyday because of the schedule I have been keeping lately. When I do have some extra time, I like to post all that I can, so the [WISHLIST] in the heading would be very helpful. Is this topic still open for discussion?
    Lorahxi ~ Advisor of Arcane Legacy

Originally posted by Lorahxi
    I missed this thread somehow. Put a [WISHLIST] on the subject heading of this thread, it would be more noticable to those looking to add info to wishlist threads. I don't get to post everyday because of the schedule I have been keeping lately. When I do have some extra time, I like to post all that I can, so the [WISHLIST] in the heading would be very helpful. Is this topic still open for discussion?
    Of course it still is, every entry on the wishlist is up for discussion and can be changed/removed/added at anytime... Fell free to discuss.
    W

bumping this to post a little bit later, possibly tomorrow. I just didn't want to forget.
    Lorahxi ~ Advisor of Arcane Legacy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast