Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Character Skin Redistribution (one time only?)

Character Skin Redistribution (one time only?)

It would be nice if we could be given the chance the change the skin of a character...just once. When I first started the game, there are skins I did not know of that were available to me. Just a "one time only" skin change would be nice. Kinda like the "one time only" IPR before the next patch thing.

bump!

Same here... however my reason is due to the 6 month AO deactivation (cancellation of account), and how the character's model no longer feel appealing to me.

Right now ARKs and GMs are flat out declining to change the skin for me in game. They do have the power, but funcom disallows any alteration of character models after creation.

The matter needs to be pressed forward to the design team and the Advisor Council (the power behind the ARK program). Only the policy makers can help us now, since all GMs and ARK represenatives are bound by the funcom policy.

Thus, if the development team agrees on this issue, then it will be guarranteed to show up on some up coming patches.

The face model change is already in-game. Agents uses it to change their face with a lvl 70 nano program. It requires no user interface, and it just cycles through all the available skins.

Now the matter lies on Funcom's hands. GMs (Ashed, etc) can not and will not help us on the issue until funcom gives a "go".

what harm does changing character model do?

None of the GMs whom I talked to explained the reason behind the "No Change After Creation" policy. I don't think a one-time change will hurt the game in any way.

Smile

Nope, nope, nope, no one time change.

What we need is ingame plasic surgeons and hairstylers, so we can change our look within our choosen specie. Settle for nothing less.
    Troll Commando, doing the dirty work that need to be done.

well the problem with funcom is: they will not do anything unless a huge part of the population demands it...

That is why server wide plastic surgery isn't going to be very likely. Not enough people here demand plastic surgery machines in cities... but currently funcom already have the ability and ways to manipulate our looks. Unless we can convince funcom that such action is needed... GMs and ARKs will not be able to do anything. (I have asked at least 7 ARK and 3 GMs for this issue). Funcom would be hard pressed to add new stuff... I want plastic surgery shops too however I am quite sure that funcom will deny that request.

Because the ways for characters to change their face is already in the game (Face Graft), to encourage funcom to allow a one time pill to do the same will not require as much technical expertise from funcom's developers as do surgery clinics need.
    Last edited by Nomy; Jun 22nd, 2002 at 20:06:01.

Maybe we should get a petition going? But it's a shame that they have this forum of suggestions if they don't use them. I mean that's what this is for right? I think they should take all the good suggestions on here and then poll everyone as they log onto the game.

Make it a Doctor Trade skill, ehe.

Talking

Originally posted by [CrispyChicken]
    Make it a Doctor Trade skill, ehe.
    yeah!

'Gimme 5 M handsome and I won´t even tell anybody.'

Thumbs up good idea

Making facial surgery a doctor skill is an excellent idea.

going to petition again and talk to Ashed on this matter. I want to know funcom's exact policy on why we are not allowed to change avatar skins.

Your sig is in need of some serious nerfage, elektrikflo.

Let's get this implemented shall we? Or do we have to become annoyed??? Or annoying for that matter?

Bumpity! I wanna be able to change my body type =( I screwed up at char gen and chose normal size when i wanted the +10%. I havent tried petitioning for a change...but i bet they wont let me anyway.
    Boltgrinder 200 (No Longer Rising!) enforcer. General of Mercenaries of Kai. Dream Setup Current Setup
    CamelLights 62 Nano Technician, To much MC for my own good.

Razi Quote until i change it!

Razi-Away: If you have a doctrine of loving cuddly bears, it means you will go out and love cuddly bears. If you have a philosophy of loving cuddly bears, it means you just love them. It works the same, only replacing "love" with "hate", "cuddly" with a cuss word, and "bears" with a minority of your choice.

Dosent the agent nano Face Graft do that?

face graft:

Face Graft nano are self only... rumor says there are Symbio Grafts for Face Graft, however I have yet to confirm it myself.

That would be nice. But is it permanent? Or just lasts an hour or what? I think there's players out there that want to change their characte's size etc. as well. So I'm not sure that this would satisfy the need...but it's better than nothing.

doubt on Symbio-Graft: Face Graft

The other day I talked to a GM. According to him, the Symbio-Graft: face graft is in the game and someone already has it in RK1. However after an extensive search and interview of almost all high level clan enforcers (the suspected owner of such device belongs to this group), the Hacked Symbio-Graft of FG is still a myth.

Friends did serveral search on antiguardians.org did not see such item in the data-base... so I dont know wheras the GM was speaking the truth.

Face Graft is a self only Agent nano that permanently changes the caster's face skin, but not the body size / height. There are two versions of it and maybe the "advanced" version would let us change body types.

Well an agent-only face graft doesn't do the rest of us any good. I think the idea of making it a doctor trade skill is nifty. That way everyone can benefit. Which reminds me, I've been meaning to ask, does anyone know if it's possible to put implants into someone else? If not, that's another idea I'm going to propose!

about Symbio-Graft

Symbio-Graft items are nano-charged wrist slot items. They can take the form of any nano crystal, and can be hacked for anyone to use, regardless of profession. It is the easiest nano for Funcom to add for several reasons:

1. Symbio-Graft items already exist in AO. It requires no extra coding to add a Symbio-Graft: Face Graft because there are already many other Symbio-Grafts such as Symbio-Graft: AssualtRifle Expertise, Symbio-Graft: Essence of Titan, etc.

2. By hacking Symbio-Graft, the profession restriction will be removed. Thus all of us can use the nano program on the graft.

Because the simplicity to add Symbio-Graft items, a petition to add Symbio-Graft: Face Graft would likely to be successful in getting funcom to add such item. It doesn't require them to program a face/height changing surgical clinic, or anything complex.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast