Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mob's AC's Doubled?

Thumbs down Mob's AC's Doubled?

I only got to test the new patch for an hour or so last night but here is my major gripe.

Post v13 I could solo yellow/oranges and do an average dmg of 60-150 dmg per hit (I am a lv 47 adv dual wielding ql 66 OT swords).

After patch : Any yellow/orange mobs (and many green mobs) I NEVER hit for more than min dmg...which is around 35 dmg per hit.

Don't get me wrong I do think yellow's/orange's should be hard but min dmg on every hit? Not to mention the fact that they are hitting me for arond 1.5x to 2x what they used to. If it wasn't for my inate healing abilities I wouldn't be able to take on a singe green, not to mention a room full of 2-4 yellow/orange mobs in the first room of missions (and that's even missions). I believe this was taken to a bit of an extreme or is some kind of bug in the code (perhaps the pvp cap is somehow bugging the pvm play)

You know how long it takes to beat down a lv 55 mob at 35 dmg per hit? A Looooooooong time. I don't see how non-combat classes are doing it. I am just glad to be well balanced at the moment between combat and healing but this needs to be looked into.

thank god I am a hammer boy.. I see the cap.. my highest crit since 13.0 is 1800... from 2200 (self equiped Q166 hammer).. that is 400 or roughly 20% reducton in my supercrits...

my normal hits went from about 500ish to 150-200ish.. I still deal enough damage to kill oranges, but I am the damage dealer here and it is tough for me. I feel the pain of all and I mean ALL other classes (have an MA friend thinking about quitting due to damage caps on GREENS)....

If you dont deal big damage.. just reroll.

Think of it this way, lets say that the AC of the mobs at my level (85) has been increased enough to remove 400 hp of my attack damage. Now lets look as fast weapons... you hit 5x more than I do.. that is 5x400 or 2000 hp of damage absorbed vs my ONE hit that only gets 400 absorbed. Now lets look at damage shields, I take ONE of those 25hp damage from their sheild.. you take 125 hp damage. Fast weapons are not any good in the game.

Not asking for slow weapons to be nerfed by the way, just pointing out the problems and hoping fast weapons will get un-nerfed.

Bump.

Yep I'm a 92 MA, and I'm hurting bad. I'm very frustrated. Big slow weapons are the way to go. MA's are screwed. Unless they make us hit harder, we're stuck depending on crits to do all the damage. I had to zone out 3-12 times on single orange NPC's in a mission tonight. This is completely unacceptable! Why should my MA have to swing a tree with a car at the end of it to do damage? I'm supposed to be finding nerve centers and pressure points, using finesse. At least i thought I was. Can I have all the 2HE IP's I WASTED back, along with fast attack and sneak attack so I can use this weapon obviously suited for an enforcer? I figured katana's would be cool. WRONG. Warblades? WRONG. hmmm. MA weapons with 2HE? WRONG. great. Thanks for this patch.

My MA is maxxed and capped (655) with 128 implants with 2600 AC and 2620 HP. I'm getting the prison treatment from yellows that I used to fight while away making pizza. I have to dimach oranges to beat them without zoning. This game has gone from buggy but fun to buggier and just frustrating. What's UP with the increased AC???? WHY?

Dont think it's increased AC. I think it's more due to the fact that they obey the PVP 50% rules.. and have uber AC.

12.9, I could manage standardish hits on Veterean enforcers of 400-600, and crits up to 1750.

13.0, I couldnt hit above 50 standard. Noone could. QL193 maussers were doing 20 damage. 15 dmg, etc.

I don't think it's AC..

it is not the 50% rule mike... i hit *almost* as hard as I used to.. definitely harder than 50% unless they let me have 3600 crits now w00t

BUMP. My fully-buffed and well-implanted L96 MA character is getting beaten up by solo GREEN NPC's in missions, especially anything with "Seasoned" in front of it. This makes missions impossible to solo and frankly, FC, it sucks.

You guys at FC sure so know how to take the enjoyment out of a game. I am starting to hate you now.
    SIsTeRs.oF.eVIL
    A band of psycho renegade techno-nun disco-enthusiasts, working on the extreme boundaries of respectable behaviour in OMNI INQUISITION.

Yep must agree. I deal much less damage against all kind of mobs now. Criticals are now essential to kill a mob.

I think the problem is elsewhere.

I noticed mobs are harder but give more XPs with 13.0
    A yellow gives me 7.000 XPs instead of 5.000 before patch.
    Those figures are not set in stone, but you get the idea.

Maybe they changed the CON colors ? and a yellow was an orange ?

If I'm not mistaken some mobs who were orange to me prior to 13.0 are now yellow.

Anybody can confirm this ?

They arn't following PvP rules. Alot of people in the forums were complaining about the 40% thing in PvM and the 50% thing in PvM, so I decided to go out and test. I found a Soleet and nuked that sucker with Weak Gravity Collapse (174-369). I hit it (and one-hit killed it) for ~220 damage. So either I did 440 damage (impossible, except for the REALLY EARLY game, you never hit for max damage - AC - and nukes don't crit), or they just upped mob AC (much more likly).

Unhappy

I must agree with the general tone of this thread. I have found AO to be a wonderful game and have told everyone I can about it. Coming from EQ, the BEST thing about AO is the missions. Imagine my glee to find that in AO you can not only solo (I'm a doc) but that it is an integral part of the game (to make money for example). My big complaint with other games is they waste so much time. In AO I could actually have fun and acomplish something....make money on missions...choose the difficulty....even get exp.

Sadly, all that changed with 13.0. Now the solo missions (although doable) are hard, take way to much real time to complete, and are now NO FUN!!!

See? I (and everyone else) plays for fun. You have taken the fun out of the game by breaking the missions, increasing the difficulty of the MoBs on the missions, etc. etc.

Please please...put the fun back. You know how...you had it right in 12.x. I don't want to go looking for another game again.

Takir
    Lvl 53 Doc

The problem seems to apply only to NPC type MOBs. Leets and spiders and snakes still get hit for normal damage.

Is there any way to get missions that have crawlers instead of NPCs?

Angry Npc type

In my experience it is the NPC with a rifle/Assult rifle type weapon that is causing the the problem. Other NPC with clubs/Hammers i seem to hit with full damage.

Oops, didn't see this thread until I'd already started one about MAs...anyways, same deal here, 96 MA, minimum dmg, blah blah...(see my thread for details)

Talking

I hear a lot of people talking about how they cant solo oranges anymore.

Good.

I dont think that people should be able to easily defeat creatures that are higher in level than they are. I used to be able to solo reds with my fixer.

That was just plain wrong.

The game was too easy, and now its a little harder. That is the way I like it.

Um, Kristi3, I didn't mention it, but I was referring to greens....yes GREENS. You try killing an npc enforcer with 8000 hp doing 100 dmg per blow and then tell me you enjoy it. It sometimes takes me all of my 2700 hp and 4 x 350-800 heals to kill a green npc. I like a challenge as well, but that's ridiculous.

p.s. I'm fully decked out in ql110-125 implants at lvl 96 so it has nothing to do with my gear.
    Last edited by Keldrys; Nov 16th, 2001 at 19:15:44.

I'm a 56 Trader and a 55 Fixer and I've noticed that

my damge is decreased by about 30%. My crits are just a little less but a LOT less frequent now that my Low Light Scope was nerfed by 40%.

My Trader can still solo oranges BUT it takes quite a bit of extra work...sometimes mezzing and healing before continuing.
    My Fixer, on the other hand, is screwed...her HoT can't keep up for the extended duration of the battle.

Wow, you must be a sadomasochist.

Originally posted by Kristi3
    I hear a lot of people talking about how they cant solo oranges anymore.

Good.

I dont think that people should be able to easily defeat creatures that are higher in level than they are. I used to be able to solo reds with my fixer.

That was just plain wrong.

The game was too easy, and now its a little harder. That is the way I like it.
    Let's widen your perspective.

Average, 50% mission are supposed to yield a mission populated by greens. If I wanted to play a difficult game, wanted to challenge myself, I would up the ante and go for a 75%.

Well, now that's just plain impossible, since 13.0. So I always do average missions... only to find what? Orange mobs! Oh boy!

Orange mobs that I do minimum damage to. No, not monsters, but human NPCs. My missions are almost always filled with human NPCs. I whup mobs with low AC, but some of these human NPCs are a pain in the ass, REALLY hard to kill.

And want to know something else? I do minimum damage to greens and grays now, too. Yellows are similar to orange.

Now I don't mind a hard game. Otherwise, it wouldn't be much fun. But this has crossed the line from difficult to absurd. I'm sorry if you disagree, but I don't call zoning 20 times out of the first room of a a mission and using 50-100 nano and health kits per mission FUN.

And my MA is a very capable level 47 with great implants and excellent AC.

The game was difficult before. They said that making missions harder was intentional. That was a few patches ago. Now we've come to another level of difficulty, and until they fix 50% missions so they spawn only green monsters (which is something that is supposed to happen, not just a rumor), a lot of people are going to complain.

Agreed, I hope someone is listening.

First, Let me state again that I DO like the fact that oranges/yellows are harder. Yellow and Oranges should be a challenge BUT this is going overboard. I have problems killing greens now and I don't really want to change weapon types (and spend hordes of extra IP on a slow High dmg weapon) just so I can do a higher min dmg to a green or a grey.

Another thing that crosses my mind is that for me (being a dual 1h edge wielder) the only type of dmg I can do is meele; the most protected against dmg type in the game. We really need some 1h edged weapons that do other dmg types please.

umm err.. there is ihe that do energy damage.. the blue executioners.. I *used* to be 1he til I realized that if your not 2hb your very inferior :-/ ... I really liked my 1he

Question My B.D.A. on missions

47 Soldier with a novaflow

Outside vs most mobs so far tonight (testing with no buffs) I hit for 60 to 140 with bursts of 100-400. Looked like this < 60-78-78-120-288(B)-90-78-78-120(F) > You get the picture. Got a mission from Rome to Galway Shire set at about 40-45% of the easy hard slider. (much closer than the one’s to Clon**** I always got)

Zoned in, First Human mob, first room, looked like this. (Adv Soldier buffs) < 8-6-12-17(B)-2-14-12-12-21(F)-15-12-4 >

What’s wrong with this picture?
    Zen~~'
    9/11/01

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast