Page 1 of 12 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Real Weapons Damage for MPs

Real Weapons Damage for MPs

I'm looking for some experiential data on weapons damage. If a few people in the 162+ level cap who have breed capped abilities could post the weapons damage they do it'd help me out some. Please only post your damage if you have also maxed the primary attack skill for your weapon.

Please report damage from 185 to 190 missions. This isn't an attempt to get incredibly accurate data but rather to get a general feel for the damage range of weapons in the hands of real MPs. Lowest hits should include hits against damage-shielded or reflect shielded mobs... (but not misses or resists of course ). Just do a few missions and say what the absolute lowest damage you did was. For the Average damage, just keep an eye on your damage during a mission and give the approximate damage that you see most often.

Feel free to do it more scientifically if you like. If you test under more rigorous conditions just give details of what the conditions were.

Here's a basic template for you to use:

1) Your MP Name:

2) Your Breed:

3) Your Level:

4) Your Weapon Name:

5) Your Weapon QL:

6) Your Weapon's skill Requirements:
    a)
    b)
    c)
    d)
    e)

7) Your present levels in the required skills:
    a)
    b)
    c)
    d)
    e)

8) Your self-buffed attack rating:

Base Damage (Non-Crit, Non-Special)
    ==========

9) Lowest you hit for self-buffed:

10) Highest you hit for self-buffed:

11) Average you hit for self-buffed:

Specials Damage
    ============

Special A (self-buffed):

Lowest hit:
    Highest hit:
    Average hit:
    Recharge Time:

Special B (self-buffed):

Lowest hit:
    Highest hit:
    Average hit:
    Recharge Time:

Special C (self-buffed):

Lowest hit:
    Highest hit:
    Average hit:
    Recharge Time:

Special D (self-buffed):

Lowest hit:
    Highest hit:
    Average hit:
    Recharge Time:

Crit Damage
    =========

Lowest Crit:
    Highest Crit:
    Average Crit:
    Last edited by XtremTech; Jul 21st, 2002 at 09:03:36.
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

Pleaseeeeeee somebody post here, this is what i have been after, even if its just a real easy set of figures, i really have 0 idea on how much a shotty hits for, or an assult rifle etc
    220 Adv, 220 Doc, 216 MP, 215 Crat, 215 Enf, 162 Fix - Scooby Ka 2

KlngArt
    Solitus
    Schuyler Bow, ql 177(it took me almost 1500 pulls at the newland terminal to get it, then the next day i found FOUR in chests..sheesh)

Skill Req
    Bow-850ish

Present Skill level
    800ish.

Atk Rating
    800ish

Lowest dmg:
    the dmg can supposedly go down to 1, but the lowest ive seen is around 150

Highest dmg:
    around 1200

Avg
    Around 800

Crit
    lil over 2k

Im doing this entirely off memory(ie, the number are prolly wrong). Schuyler has no specials, it's init is currently broken, but even with 300 in melee init it fires much faster than 2.5/2.5

Its a great PvM weapon. Since i play this char on the testserver, i dont know much about PvP, except that everyone ive fought(all of about 6 people) has died in the process (had double kill with a 195 agent a couple times). No one there is by any means a good pvper tho.
    President of Midnight Reveries

I would like to see more replies here as well.

you can always use the damage calculator at auno if you want some rough numbers to work with =D
    President of Midnight Reveries

Re: Real Weapons Damage for MPs

1) Your MP Name: Demonsguile

2) Your Breed: Nanomage

3) Your Level: 179

4) Your Weapon Name: Nova Flow - Mk IV (atk 1.5s, recharge 2.5)

5) Your Weapon QL: 195

6) Your Weapon's skill Requirements:
    a) AR 765
    b) RE 511
    c) Burst 638
    d) Fling Shot 427
    e)

7) Your present levels in the required skills:
    a) AR 642 (517 max title + 1 Shining imp)
    b) RE 564 (Not maxed, but I'm working on it)
    c) Burst 529
    d) Fling Shot 450
    e)

8) Your self-buffed attack rating: 623, 67% AR 33% RE, using gen buffs

==========

9) Lowest you hit for self-buffed: 9 (and my jaw dropped)

10) Highest you hit for self-buffed: 800ish

11) Average you hit for self-buffed: 400-500

Specials Damage
    ============

Special A (self-buffed): Burst (this is all dependant on ACs and reflect)

Lowest hit: 320 (against an Enf boss)
    Highest hit: 2200
    Average hit: 1900

Special B (self-buffed): Fling Shot (this is all dependant on ACs and reflect)

Lowest hit: 7 (I almost cried)
    Highest hit: 2200
    Average hit: 1000

Special C (self-buffed): N/A

Lowest hit:
    Highest hit:
    Average hit:

Special D (self-buffed): N/A

Lowest hit:
    Highest hit:
    Average hit:

Crit Damage
    =========

Lowest Crit: 300ish (once again, dependant on ACs)
    Highest Crit: 2400ish
    Average Crit: 1900
    Last edited by Demonsguile; Jul 8th, 2002 at 22:02:36.
    Demonsguile 204 MP HYDRA General
    Korrupshun 147 Trader (The MP anti-thesis)
    Renown 104 Enf (King of the Ring, before OE patch)
    Bloke 76 Keeper
    -He who angers you, conquers you.
    -Those who complain the most, do the least.
    -Goals are not made to be attained or achieved. They are made to be surpassed.
    Originally posted by Sallust
    They can't show us new pets because they have better things to do then camp for the items

Yatamuchi X-3

I seen a Yat X-3 being used by a 172 nano doc today. He was hitting on avg for 1.2k, AS for up to 10k, and crits from 1-5k. He lays claim to 771 atk rating self-buffed.
    Is there a MP that has also started using the X-3? and if so, what dmg do you get, and what atk rating have you got?
    Demonsguile 204 MP HYDRA General
    Korrupshun 147 Trader (The MP anti-thesis)
    Renown 104 Enf (King of the Ring, before OE patch)
    Bloke 76 Keeper
    -He who angers you, conquers you.
    -Those who complain the most, do the least.
    -Goals are not made to be attained or achieved. They are made to be surpassed.
    Originally posted by Sallust
    They can't show us new pets because they have better things to do then camp for the items

Paz "Oisis" Cavasos

Custom KIWD 37 Hunter Crossbow

Present skill lvl :
    - Bow 553
    - Rifle 700ish

Attack rating :
    670 (atm)

Lowest dmg :
    250 (and those r rare)

Highest dmg :

Avg dmg :
    900-1000

Crit :
    2500+

I used a shuyler before, and i must say the hunter crossbow is much better. Poison dmg is great ! This weapon is boss loot only. Better weapon i found so far..
    Last edited by Mintfloss; Jul 9th, 2002 at 12:55:49.
    Paz "Oisis" Cavasos
    [Oisis Warehouse on Rimor]
    Proud owner of a useless Omni-Tek Gunship

Question The new stuff?

BTW does anyone now use the nano weapons patch 14.2 delivered to our MP greed and are they OK?

OK, they're like pillows and rather are a help in nuking than in fight, but any additional damage you can do is nice, right?

Right now, being of low level, I don't really have the IP to spend in anything other than what strictly is necessary (nano skills). Maybe I can dump something in 1HB, but first I have to look for the weapons, as they are team missions only, second I have to make sure it's worth the time and IP.
    Malusz, Fist of Chronos.
    Raised by the Guild of Meta-Physics.

1) Psiraven

2) Nanomage

3) 191

4) Schuyler Bow
    Mausser Particle Streamer
    Suppressor

5) q195
    q200
    q200

6) 961 Bow
    814 SMG, 611 Burst
    788 SMG, 709 Full Auto, 591 Burst

7) 813 Bow
    810-ish
    810-ish

8) 820
    817-ish
    817-ish

==========
    1-566 (195)
    7-342 (250)
    10-218 (450)

9) Lowest you hit for self-buffed:
    20-ish
    30-ish

10) Highest you hit for self-buffed: (against Vets)

850-ish
    610-ish

11) Average you hit for self-buffed:

800-900
    400-500
    300-400

Specials Damage
    ============

Burst: Mausser

Lowest hit: 60-ish
    Highest hit: 2000+
    Average hit: 800-1200

Burst: Suppressor

Lowest hit: 90-ish
    Highest hit: 850-ish
    Average hit: 400-600

Full Auto: Suppressor (with crit buff)

Lowest hit: 134
    Highest hit: 7000+ (10000)
    Average hit: 1500-3500 (6000-7000)

Crit Damage
    =========

Schuyler/Mausser/Suppressor

Lowest Crit: 2000/1200/1800
    Highest Crit: 2200/1400/2000
    Average Crit: 2100/1300/1900

Where are the stats for....

What about numbers for our creation weapons??

Oh.. nm... same place as my post regarding improving Nanomage breed and making it viable, since by Funcom's definitions it is supposed to be the ideal breed for a MP.

So funny.. all those atrox MP's exclaiming how Atrox should be the best for MP. Wonder how crazy it would be for someone to be a Nanomage Enforcer. /boggle

Re: Where are the stats for....

Originally posted by Nostredomus
    So funny.. all those atrox MP's exclaiming how Atrox should be the best for MP. Wonder how crazy it would be for someone to be a Nanomage Enforcer. /boggle
    What, like Asynja or Trilyt?

yes..

I know some do play nano enforcers, but they do so knowing they take a hit and are not ideally suited as a breed for it. My point is that playing the MP class within the designed parameters is actually penalized.. ie if you use creation weapon and Nanomage, you are actually disadvantaged in the end game over an atrox with heavy weapon.

That is because, like all game companies so far, FC has no concept of balance in any form.

Many thanks Psi and Nihilie... Psi... that 10000 crit on your suppressor full auto must have had you whooping a little. Do you get them often?

As to the rest of you, less whining and more weapons damage posting.

As an aside, I spoke with Angelicnova recently and she was saying that she was getting a minimum average hit of 1000 from the Cobra of Orma, though the speed would still have been attrocious.

X
    Last edited by XtremTech; Jul 10th, 2002 at 07:41:12.

Sorry Xtrem...

I wasn't really whining... more to the point I am just reiterating that until Funcom looks at the standard and makes the necessary adjustments there so we can play the class as designed without incurring huge penalites to do so, that I see looking at other options a real dissapointment.

If you remember, I posted a constructive post regarding needing to give people a genuine reason to break away from the Atrox/Heavy weapon aberration to the class. People then started going off on how Atrox can muster all this anger and are a natural for the class.

I posted that I'm not about to enter into a stupid debate with people that are just trying to preserve the unbalance since they started up Atrox heavy weapons MP's.. some of which laying aside level 100+ Nanobreed MP's to do so. I think it is silly that the atrox class which is designed as a physically dominant class ends up being the best choice from a gameplay mechanics perspective at the zenith of our careers. Sure.. we may get a few nanos a few levels earlier at times in our careers, but that advantage is thrown away with the fact of title caps and level restrictions that are showing up more and more. I was simply asking that the choice to go with staff and shield and nano breed was at LEAST.. (and SHOULD BE more) desirable than going against the original design vision for the class. I applaud people that play a breed that is non-optimal for the roleplay element and to "break the mold". What I don't like is that by doing so it becomes a maximize your potential in the endgame thing. I want to see the class design become not only viable but more attractive at the end game.

I remember one particularly unintelligent post chiding me by saying "don't mean to offend" and then hurling insults for a paragraph or two directly at me. Then the summation of thier position was: You definately won't be playing the same game at 150+, so change your playstyle and forget the pets. WHICH was exactly my point.. that is what we are being forced to do to maximize our value to the group.. but it is WRONG. Funcom needs to fix the class to work as designed and be attractive in doing so at the end game too. Rather than that concept being accepted at face value as not only reasonable but preferrable, I see a bunch of nonsense about how a Nano Breed can't muster enough anger to conjure a pet.. blah blah blah.

Soo... I quit posting. I decided to look at this issue of weapon damage from the same perspective. Creation items are a huge pain to be casting in missions with teams. In a balanced team even the DMS factor of the best shields becomes fairly insignificant.

Sum up:

There are some very easy changes that could be made to help right away.

1. Optimize the staff weapon's delay and damage ratio to the same as a comparable level weapon that is popular

2. Elimanate the ridiculous health and nano bottoming out of summoning them and also the super slow cast time. All it does is exaggerate the problems of MP's in teams.. IE.. slowing down the group

3. Institute a pet summon ability.. and ability to terminate a specific pet that is lost or busy, etc..

4. Create a Master buff that is MP only that casts all mocham type buffs with one cast. Increase the speed of rebuffing oneself and others. Keep the total nano expenditure the same. Increase the cast time somewhat.. but keep it reasonable.

5. Add a bonus of some sorts to the Nanomage breed. Perhaps an inherant bonus to pets level or something. Make up for the lower hps and damage potential with increased mental prowess that really counts for something in the latter part of the game.

6. Improve our Int / Psy armor so we aren't taking a hit by wearing armor especially suited to our class. Perhaps armor that allows us to improve our pets and/or nukes to offset sheer AC.

7. Balance the demon pets. Improve their damage output and give us the ability to put a spell on them to act as a taunter so we can better fill the role of using them as tanks.

8. I always viewed the healing pets as the "angel" class. I see some are advocating a combat pet that would be angelic and I think that would be great. The classic angelic warrior with golden shield and staff would be awesome and fit with our staff and shield class design. Make them equal in damage and toughness to the improved demon pet so the choice becomes merely one of aestetic and roleplay preference.

9. Give MP's the ability to make the group go "non-corporeal". They can't deal any damage, pets go dormant, but they can't take damage either. In other words a "dimensional phase" that lasts like 30 seconds and allows the group to escape from danger. Make it limited to indoor only to eliminate abuse in PVP but would be useful in group indoor missions, if it is deemed too powerful.

I'll stop there.. there are quite a few other changes that seem fairly easy to implement.. IF Funcom is open to the idea of strengthening the basic design element of the class so it competes with the new offshoots that seem to deviate from it to compensate.

Bah

Sorry for the lengthy post there. Just so much want to say.

I should have put it all under this caveat:

Until you fix the basic design flaws of the class.. why concentrate on putting more people into the field to take advantage of the flaws??

Go to the post about the Nanomage who wishes he went Atrox to see what I mean. Look at the fact that if you are a MP over 150 using the creation weapons, you are looked at as a fool.

Until you address the basic design flaws of the class, trying to concentrate on how to maximize characters in tune with those flaws only exacerbates the problem and makes it harder for Funcom to fix the class properly without even MORE backlash when they do from the increasing numbers of Atrox MP's weilding heavy weapons.

I am NOT saying nerf Atrox MP's. I am saying improve the basic design of the intellectual MP to either equal or supercede them from a gameplay perspective. Don't penalize those who wish to play the basic template in accord with the original vision of the class. IE a INTELLECTUALLY powered class with a reliance on metaphysical weapons and armor rather than physical strength, toughness, and physical weapons.

Lol Nostredomus... I was only joking about the whining. Your posts are always cogent and well written and I do value all of the information in them. You know I read every thread on the board to keep up to date on stuff for the profs.

I was just trying to nudge a few more people into actually posting some of the damage reports.

As to to:

Then the summation of thier position was: You definately won't be playing the same game at 150+, so change your playstyle and forget the pets.
    I remember being told the same thing and I'm happy to say that at level 168 I'm still happily focussed on my MP toolset of Pets, Nukes and debuffs. My MA damage is still secondary damage (though a nice bonus) and I still quite happily outdamage many other professions at my level over time and keep up with some of the better ones too.

To sum up: this thread was designed purely to find out what damage real life MPs are doing with real life weapons in real life play. Nothing more. It's shifted a little towards discussing MP damage in general which wasn't the intent.

X

Hope it didn't come off wrong..

I was not upset with you in the least or chiding the work you are doing. My frustration is more with the community as a whole that wants to defend rather than objectively examine the core problems with the actual play balancing with the design vision.

I think you are doing an excellant job and I understand that you are trying to create an information pool that is relevant and helpful to the game as it stands today.

You see... I REALLY would like to see Funcom go the distance with this game. Let's face it.. there are a LOT of people biding time with AO until SWG comes out it seems. I know that Funcom is working VERY hard right now to improve the game and keep the people who are really wishing for them to fully succeed.

I have high hopes for the expansion. The problem is that right now is the time to really tune things in and dial in the professions base design elements to coincide with the vision. I see them doing that in broad sweeping strokes.

The information I have presented is my perspective on CORE issues that really should be addressed. I find it so odd that so many companies are blindsided by balancing when it should be so obvious. A good example:

1. Shades of Lucubration - I believe this was a decision to try to compensate for the problem of Nanomage breed not having enough inherant plusses to compensate for the downside. But it is a very bad design choice.. Why??? For one.. it is a very rare item that should be a basic item to try to balance the breed. Competing with farmers for this item is a huge mistake that Funcom set themselves up for. Now.. what is the inherant plus to int and psy really meant something? THEN, you could make a very rare item like this for ATROXES! The very few Atroxes then could have a helm of Cerebus or something.. and compensate for the breeds inherant intellectual inferiority. This allows those enterprising individuals who want to play Atrox as the non-norm to do so and have the rare chance to compensate and get close to the same level of prowess. SEE? That would be the right way to do it. Make it so that if someone REALLY wanted to be an Atrox MP, they can do it.. but it would take REAL dedication to become a good MP as a Nanomage due to its supposedly being ideally suited for the class. Instead.. they did it backwards.

I have played MMORPG's since the early days of UO. I see the same mistakes over and over. Instead of focusing on the PRIME model and holding it as the standard.. then allowing people to choose to deviate and give them ways to improve themselves so with some serious persevering and work they can become close to equal to the prime standard and have a real accomplishment to brandish in the game world we have situations like this where it is the "ideal" breed for the class that ends up trying to find ways to compensate to hold their own against a supposed inferior breed choice that is actually superior from a gameplay mechanics viewpoint. See the difference?? Why game developers can't grasp and / or implement that simple concept is beyond me. As a MP who is focused on the Meta part of the class...focused on INT and PSY power.. I should NOT be scrambling for ways to somehow improve myself enough so I'm not TOO much inferior to an Atrox with a support beam, for goodness sake!

Can anyone see the problem with that? Can we as the MP community at least acknowledge this basic and simple premise as a truism that we can stand united behind to help Funcom open their eyes to this?? More and more.. each day I see.. Atrox MP's becoming the dominant force in the "powergamers" stable. Atrox by design are PHYSICALLY superior but INTELLECTUALLY inferior. MP's by design are the INTELLECTUAL thinkers of the world and should rely on the METAPHYSICAL rather than the physical as the norm. That does not mean that Atroxes should not be allowed to by MPs. In fact, I think that with a lot of work they should be able to become close or equal in power to nanomages. BUT, the fact that Nanomage breed are inferior to ATrox MP's in the endgame is a huge problem. The fact that using Staff and Shield in the endgame is a huge detriment to other options is a huge problem. They are huge problems because they penalize the player for playing the class by it's intended design vision. I am not Anti ATrox MP. I am Anti Nanomage = inferior MP at the later game.

Help! I'm being repressed!

Just bumping this one.

C'mon guys... a few more posts of your real damage would be really handy here.

X

Page 1 of 12 123456789101112 LastLast