Thread: PvP the Bigger Picture - Questions

PvP the Bigger Picture - Questions

I am fairly experienced at PvP in other games, and just got my first taste of it here on AO the other night. Just wanted to toss a few questions out:

Basically whats the point of it all, least in the bigger picture sense? Sure I can to go a 25% zone and run around fighting omni, but how does that fit into the larger story line?

For example is there a way that we can go and take an Omni outpost. Not just fight guards and other mobs, but actually change it from an Omni guarded outpost to Clan, or Neutral?

If the above isnt possible, then exactly how does our actions have any impact, other then FC sanctioned game events?

Thanks,

Culland

Heh...worst case scenario here You can't impact it except through FC events and even then you usually can't, poorly thought out and orchestrated events most of the time, if there are any. No you can't take over towns or outposts or anything.
    Yagyu for life

Angry

Well that seems a bit screwed up, for a game that claims we can shape the future, but we have no real ability to change anything? Seems like a rather static, pointless conflict that we as players never get to accomplish much more then gain some titles?

Why not make a fairly complex, high level, expensive, trades device that can disrupt the suppression field in a given area while it runs. You must change an outposts suppression field and control the town, ie guards and any enemy players there for a given period of time or kill a boss mob that controls the guards, if you do so the outpost/mine/etc changes ownership, different guards spawn. The suppression field disrupter can be damaged, and thus must be guarded during the takeover attempt, but taken down afterwards.

This has probably been discussed to death many times before, just seems odd that PvP is so completely unattached to the story line other then 'news' posts.

Culland

Yup you got the idea...
    Yagyu for life

I like the whole idea someone else came up with about making a completely new server and allowing transfer of characters where it was 25% in all towns and out post, everywhere else was mayhem.

This would be cool.

Only thing is they should still have area's where new people can come and play and learn and still not be disturbed.

But after a certain level or whatever they could never return, it would be much more exciting, kinda have like a capture the flag thing going on all the time.

Something would have to be done about camping I think

Could you imagine how much money FC would make.

check this

Omni 1 gets taken over by clans

Omni cant run them out, it is all clanned up

So people beg their friends to come on and start playing so they can be ran out

after 7 days, the guys kinda think they might like to try the game out a little longer, and then they get addicted like all of the rest of us.
    Last edited by Hirum; Jul 18th, 2002 at 11:32:14.
    "I got a snake man" -The Bafoon

Originally posted by Culland
    Well that seems a bit screwed up, for a game that claims we can shape the future, but we have no real ability to change anything? Seems like a rather static, pointless conflict that we as players never get to accomplish much more then gain some titles?

Why not make a fairly complex, high level, expensive, trades device that can disrupt the suppression field in a given area while it runs. You must change an outposts suppression field and control the town, ie guards and any enemy players there for a given period of time or kill a boss mob that controls the guards, if you do so the outpost/mine/etc changes ownership, different guards spawn. The suppression field disrupter can be damaged, and thus must be guarded during the takeover attempt, but taken down afterwards.

This has probably been discussed to death many times before, just seems odd that PvP is so completely unattached to the story line other then 'news' posts.

Culland
    lol...you got the major flaw in this game really quickly. good ideas, but they'll never be implemented