Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A few answers to the Tir Accord questions.

A few answers to the Tir Accord questions.

We all have to remember the Tir Accord was written and signed back in July 29470, marking the end of the third Rubi-Kan Civil War, and amended for the last time August 11th 29470, and a few names have changed since – as have certain circumstances.

For natural reasons – like talks between the Council and Omni-Tek shutting down – there have been no further amendments to the accord, and I don’t see that happening until talks resume.

All areas not conceded to the CoT in the document are considered by the ICC as OT-controlled areas.

Neutral guards in Newland City – or anywhere else for that matter, with the exception of the ICC regional headquarters in Andromeda - are not ICC employees or officials, but neutral warriors lending their time and experience to providing neutral citizens with a little security. They are not however, protected by any accords or resolutions by neither OT nor the CoT, and are – as you say – fair game.

The Council are the only ones who have conceded Newland City to be neutral territory. Omni-Tek has made no such concession, and considers Newland City a part of the clan-held territories – as per the accord.

OT considers everyone on the planet not on their payroll – including neutrals - affiliated with the CoT, and will hold the Council accountable for all actions committed by any such individual. OT openly blames the Council for the terrors of the Dust Brigade. That was one of the reasons talks were ended – because of the Council’s inability to deal with the Brigade. In fact, the Brigade jeopardises the accord every time they show their face on the planet. They are wanted criminals, and OT will spare no expense in capturing – and incarcerating them.

The Council knew this when they signed the accord, but trusted their ability to unite the clans under their umbrella. Things changed when Rubi-Ka was opened up to independent colonists and people from other corporations. The Council lost their hold on the non-OT part of the population, and things are only getting worse and worse

The many ambiguous points in the accord have been contested many times during the period, and OT and the Council have had tendencies to interpret them in very subjective light. Just remember what happened up in Sabulum…

The neutrals, the real warriors, the everyday warriors.

...And this is why we fight.

The neutrals are not owned by omni-tek. And neither does the clans own us. We own ourselves. We live and fight for our own destiny.

14 years ago, the last War started in the neutral city of Last ditch. The people living there had to flee in the mountain bunkers (which are still present today) and hide while the 2 sides duked it out. The city was destroyed. And only recently rebuilt.

We live in the middle of an arid desert, with tribes of strange creatures ( the rhinopeople ). We live in a deserted warzone with abandoned research facilities, archelogical digs, omni-tek training facilities and outposts. We live in the free city of borealis, the city as beautiful and as pure as the water from it's waterfalls.

We survive on badly kludged together equipment, no support network, no money nor backup. Yet we persist......

Everyone tries to lure us away from it, to embrace facility, to embrace freedom...... the 'plug' is always coming, but mostly denied: We learned that when the gas fails, Both sided shoot us and ask questions later, even when we affirm our neutrality.

The neutral coalition WILL fight against those injustices. And as long as i have a living breath, i WILL run, i will speak out, and omni-tek(nor the clans) are my friends by default. Friendships are acquired.

Jujuwalker, the neutral fixer that'll be there to remind you he exists.
    Last edited by President Juju; Aug 5th, 2002 at 23:03:34.
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

Re: The neutrals, the real warriors, the everyday warriors.

Just because Omnitek views all non-Omni employees as Clan does not mean that we do also. I fully support the neutrals right to govern and protect themselves and part of my job is to hunt down and punich those fellow Clansmen that avail themselves the cowardly opportunity to, without provocation, kill neutral players, guards and npcs. This is evidenced by the fact that CAS military leadership attempts to send warnings out to neutral guilds prior to CAS military action in areas where neutrals might be present...such as MMD. Is the same courtesy afforded by any Omni organizations?

I will, with my guilds blessing, continue to try and bring justice to those that harm neutrals or violate their lands...and this includes NLC despite Omni's lack of recognition of NLC in the Tir Accord.

In all of the problems we have today we really only have the ICC to blame...an organization that sees nothing immoral and unethical in deeding an entire panet to a mega-corporation with the single goal to strip it of its only valuable resource. The same ICC that endlessly renews this lease for Drakonian time scales, continuing to ensure the enslavement of all of us that do not wish to live under corporate rule. The same ICC that molifies the Rubi'ka population JUST enough to quiet them so as not to disturb Omni-tek's r-a-p-e (and since when is this a baned word) of this planets resources and population more than is necessary.

It is not soley Omni-tek off-planet robber-barrons that we must fight.
    We must also fight the ICC over-lords.
    And we must fight for our Freedom and our Future.

Originally posted by Mister_unknown
    ...And this is why we fight.

The neutrals are not owned by omni-tek. And neither does the clans own us. We own ourselves. We live and fight for our own destiny.

14 years ago, the last War started in the neutral city of Last ditch. The people living there had to flee in the mountain bunkers (which are still present today) and hide while the 2 sides duked it out. The city was destroyed. And only recently rebuilt.

We live in the middle of an arid desert, with tribes of strange creatures ( the rhinopeople ). We live in a deserted warzone with abandoned research facilities, archelogical digs, omni-tek training facilities and outposts. We live in the free city of borealis, the city as beautiful and as pure as the water from it's waterfalls.

We survive on badly kludged together equipment, no support network, no money nor backup. Yet we persist......

Everyone tries to lure us away from it, to embrace facility, to embrace freedom...... the 'plug' is always coming, but mostly denied: We learned that when the gas fails, Both sided shoot us and ask questions later, even when we affirm our neutrality.

The neutral council WILL fight againts those injustices. And as long as i have a living breath, i WILL run, i will speak out, and omni-tek(nor the clans) are my friends by default. Friendships are acquired.

Jujuwalker, the neutral fixer that'll be there to remind you he exists.

Re: The neutrals, the real warriors, the everyday warriors.

Originally posted by Mister_unknown
    We too are free and own ourselves. And we are fighting for our destiny and the destiny of our children as we have for centuries. That's the whole point, isn't it? It's amazing, but for once I agree with Omni-Tek; I consider the neutrals to be part of the clans. Say what you will, but every element of your fight for independence just reminds me why I am clan. I have yet to have a neutral convince me that there is any real, fundamental difference between their beliefs and mine, although I welcome everyone to try. The only down-side is that you do not affiliate yourselves with the CoT, which means there are no laws or groups commited to protecting you.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

neutrals as clanners?

Originally posted by Luxxan

Say what you will, but every element of your fight for independence just reminds me why I am clan. I have yet to have a neutral convince me that there is any real, fundamental difference between their beliefs and mine, although I welcome everyone to try.
    yes.... but many of the clanners have lost the ideals, and have gone into a "if you not with us, you against us mentality". And then they bully neutrals and expect them to be all joyfull about the clans? i DON't think so.

But it's true ideals are good. At least we aren't fighting a war against a megacorp. We just want a break . ;p
    --
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    --

Angry

Neutral guards in Newland City (...) are not ICC employees or officials, but neutral warriors lending their time and experience to providing neutral citizens with a little security(sic!). They are not however, protected by any accords or resolutions by neither OT nor the CoT, and are – as you say – fair game.
    So basically, killing them is encouraged.

And then I get petitioned when I chainreet someone who attacks them?

Hello?

What am I missing?

Probably the same thing that I am missing. And the same thing most of the neutral population is missing.... And FC won't give us a logical explanation...

hes saying from a RP legal perspective, it is not breaking the Tir accord to kill neutral guards. However for a clanner to kill an OT guard on OT territory is a breach, for an OT to kill a clan guard on clan territory.

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Red face

*reminds herself to read the whole thread carefully next time*

What kind of nonsense are you talking?

The neutral guards are "fair game"?

Just how do you define "fair"? They are piss poor at defending themselves. Omni and Clan alike use them for exp and loot and there is NOTHING that any other player can do to help protect them.

This is just plain BS not-so-FunCom. If you want "fair" then you should allow ANY player that attacks a guard to come under attack by any other players. Players should be allowed to defend their guards and NPCs. In fact I as Clan should be allowed to punish other Clan than attack Clan or Neutral guards. Instead I have to try and be a nuicence in an attempt to get them to stop.

You CLEARLY don't know what the meaning of the word "fair" is.

Screw the Neuters (IC)

What is a neutral, on Rubi-Ka?

A neutral is someone who insists on living free of Omni-Tek ... while loudly condemning the methods that won them their freedom as "terrorism" or "extremism."

A neutral is someone who begs for Clan help when attacked, then cheerfully goes back to doing business with the company as soon as the attack is over. "I don't take sides" - except when it's convenient. That's a neutral.

Oh, and as soon as you the Clans do ride to their rescue, as happened in the last battle at Last Ditch, where are the neutrals? Hiding. Why wouldn't they? The Clans are fighting their fight for them, so why should they expose their sensitive skins and more-sensitive scruples to Omni-Tek bullets, bots, and blasters?

A neutral is someone who sees to the south of them a company that builds black iron prison cities for its employees, negligently kills them by the dozens to mine notum more cheaply, and uses its criminal monopoly on notum to control the rest of the human race. To the east and north of them, they see the heroes who fought and bled and died to carve out a tiny exception to Omni-Tek's monopoly, to oppose their quest to become the next Omega. And what makes a neutral a neutral is that they think these two sides are morally equivalent.

Screw 'em. The next time Omni-Tek invades a neutral city, of course we'll fight. We have to fight, because it's that or let Omni-Tek win. But ... can we wait until everybody there either joins the Clans and agrees to fight along side us, or dies? And if not, why not? It's what they'd do to us if they could.
    Main Character: Tir County Sheriff Brad InfamousBrad Bradley, TCSD.
    Proud to be a Clansman since October 29475.
    Alternate characters? Yeah right, like I'm going to tell you.

Screw 'em. The next time Omni-Tek invades a neutral city, of course we'll fight. We have to fight, because it's that or let Omni-Tek win. But ... can we wait until everybody there either joins the Clans and agrees to fight along side us, or dies? And if not, why not? It's what they'd do to us if they could.
    If we were to act like that, we'll have have become that which we fight. That sort of cynical and inhuman political maneuver would be no different than Omni-Tek's unofficial policy of working notum miners to death.

"They're only Atrox." "They're only Neutrals."

That is the problem with being honorable and making a stand based on principles of decency and human rights, as the Clans do. We cannot selectively apply our morals. We must never turn our backs on the Neutrals for political gain, or we become hypocrites - much like many Neutrals themselves.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Jynne

I wish you were wrong. You're not, but I wish you were.

But at what point do principles become a license to lose? At what point does holding principles, when neither our enemies nor our "allies" do, guarantee that all will be lost?

The stakes are high here. If we lose, the human race may be facing another 12,000 years of slavery.

If it takes "not showing up on time" to remind our allies not to screw us over, then maybe it's worth the blot on our conscience and the loss of life, and the tactical disaster of letting Omni-Tek over-run another settlement ... in order to remind the neutrals which side of their bread is really buttered.
    Main Character: Tir County Sheriff Brad InfamousBrad Bradley, TCSD.
    Proud to be a Clansman since October 29475.
    Alternate characters? Yeah right, like I'm going to tell you.

Re: A few answers to the Tir Accord questions.

Originally posted by Snoop
    Neutral guards in Newland City – or anywhere else for that matter, with the exception of the ICC regional headquarters in Andromeda - are not ICC employees or officials, but neutral warriors lending their time and experience to providing neutral citizens with a little security. They are not however, protected by any accords or resolutions by neither OT nor the CoT, and are – as you say – fair game..
    If this is truely the case than they can go for a walk and protect a noob yard, such inexperienced guards (low lvl) should never be there guarding the Neutral capital. The Neutral population don't want them there as they are as much use a chocolate fireguard, and the neutral population has offered on numerous occassions to hire better guards but they never came.

As for being fair game, then fine...if thats how the CoT and OT want it then fine, lets see how Omni-Trade like having there guards and Traders harrassed on a hourly basis then. The Neutral population will not stand idle indefinatly, one of these days we will snap and you will learn that the have got teeth.

Originally posted by Snoop
    The Council are the only ones who have conceded Newland City to be neutral territory. Omni-Tek has made no such concession, and considers Newland City a part of the clan-held territories – as per the accord.
    Annex 1A: Territoral Devision of the Tir Accord
    "Omni-Tek is the superior governing body of the entirity of Rubi-ka, but will leave the Council to supervise the areas of (lots of Clan places), Newlands..."

Said comment above states that OT has given Newlands over to the Council...ie no longer under OT control.

Ammendment to the Tir Accords Annex 2A
    The Council will grant Newlands neutral status within sixty days

This later ammendment states that the Clans then decided to spin off Newland to the Neutrals...ie no longer under Clan control either.

Thereby both Clan and Ot have given up control of Newland...namely is NEUTRAL!

Ok, the next bit is complete OOC:
    1) The Newlands guards are being killed by mixed teams alot of the time of Clanners and OT, this is of cause bad RP and goes compeltly in the face of any story.

2) Killing of the guards generates a massive amount of lag on a main path of lots of people, that lag causes drops, and the drops means lots of VERY *&$"ed off customers to FC...we don't like it.

3) I've seen on more than 2 occassions now where a low lvl new char has ran to the guards as he is under treat from a rat or something only to die and loose his XP (this was before the new loss of XP was raised) due to these morons guard killing. Such actions as causing the loss of XP due to the actions of another player under FCs own rules is grief playing.

4) Asking some of the people who did this they said they do it due to the "rewards". FC has said that the guards don't give the rewards, but well, just like AO is a bug free game aint it :P

5) Its damned annoying!
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Re: Screw the Neuters (IC)

Originally posted by Brad, STL/MO
    What is a neutral, on Rubi-Ka?

A neutral is someone who insists on living free of Omni-Tek ... while loudly condemning the methods that won them their freedom as "terrorism" or "extremism."

A neutral is someone who begs for Clan help when attacked, then cheerfully goes back to doing business with the company as soon as the attack is over. "I don't take sides" - except when it's convenient. That's a neutral.

Oh, and as soon as you the Clans do ride to their rescue, as happened in the last battle at Last Ditch, where are the neutrals? Hiding. Why wouldn't they? The Clans are fighting their fight for them, so why should they expose their sensitive skins and more-sensitive scruples to Omni-Tek bullets, bots, and blasters?

A neutral is someone who sees to the south of them a company that builds black iron prison cities for its employees, negligently kills them by the dozens to mine notum more cheaply, and uses its criminal monopoly on notum to control the rest of the human race. To the east and north of them, they see the heroes who fought and bled and died to carve out a tiny exception to Omni-Tek's monopoly, to oppose their quest to become the next Omega. And what makes a neutral a neutral is that they think these two sides are morally equivalent.

Spoken like a true blind Clansman to the truth around him. What are the neuts? we are what the Clans wish to be. We have freedom as unlike the Clans we accept negotiation, and non violent means wherever possible...we arn't fast to pick up a weapon and go shoot anyone. But that said, we will if provoked!

You mention a battle of Last Ditch....I just have to laugh as that was by far the funniest lemming parade of Clanners I have ever witnessed. The Neuts didn't want you there. We didn't want OT there but OT gave us an express apology for being there while they looked for some criminals, and apologised for any inconvenience it made to us....The Clans were asked to keep out the way so what did they do? run in guns blazing, make themselves look like criminals, and get shot at. It was laughable.

We are the moral check for all on this planet, you step out of line, we'll tell u. And you have on numerous occassions. We come under attack more often from the Clans than OT anyhow, Rhinos Cockpit is an area where neutrals are regualy shot at by so called Clansmen there to protect Freedom. Its is complete rubbish. Your a bunch of petty thugs and criminals. Many a time its been OT coming to protect the neutral population from the actions of the Clans, its a massive ratity when its the other way around. Very few Clansmen actually show morality in there actions. If they did they would follow the example of the Pilgrims, a Clan organisation who seems to hold an ethical ground much like that of the Neutrals.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Re: Re: Screw the Neuters (IC)

Originally posted by Nyadach
    Spoken like a true blind Clansman to the truth around him. What are the neuts? we are what the Clans wish to be. We have freedom as unlike the Clans we accept negotiation, and non violent means wherever possible...we arn't fast to pick up a weapon and go shoot anyone. But that said, we will if provoked!
    The last civil war was caused by exactly this situation. The Clans sought a peaceful means of negotiation, but OT simply invaded clan territory and slaughtered hundreds of innocents. What did we do? We took up arms and carried the battle all the way to Omni-1. This was only 10 years ago. Maybe you off-worlders have a different perspective, but for those of us who remember those times, and remember the people we lost, there is no "neutral" when it comes to Omni-Tek. You either stand up for yourself, or lay down and let OT roll over you.

If Omni-Tek invaded Newland City tomorrow, capturing or killing all citizens, destroying all insurance terminals, and leveling all buildings, what would you do? You would take up arms and defend your homes; and we would be there to back you up and welcome you to the Clans.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

the day omni.....

the day the clans do the same, and invade, or "occupy for preventive measures" Newland city is the day you will have no neutral friends.

It'S a statut quo. You can't push us around too much, because otherwise the situation deteriorates against you. It's weird, but both sides need us to stay neutral.... to make sure that if the other does something stupid, like try to get us, and recolt the spoils.

But until that day, and OMNI is not THAT stupid yet......

And will you stop trying to plug yourself? No matter what we do or say, we still get shot at from BOTH sides. So on our side of view, you are BOTH dangerous.
    --
    --

--

Re: Re: Re: Screw the Neuters (IC)

The last civil war was caused by exactly this situation. The Clans sought a peaceful means of negotiation, but OT simply invaded clan territory and slaughtered hundreds of innocents. What did we do? We took up arms and carried the battle all the way to Omni-1. This was only 10 years ago. Maybe you off-worlders have a different perspective, but for those of us who remember those times, and remember the people we lost, there is no "neutral" when it comes to Omni-Tek. You either stand up for yourself, or lay down and let OT roll over you.
    Yeah, I remember 10 years ago how the Clans sought "peaceful" means of "negotiation"... with their bombs!

There is no neutral in the war against Terrorism. You either stand up and fight the terrorists for the people of Rubi-Ka, or stand idlely by and watch those [color=dark red]clanner scums blow up[/color] apartment buildings full of children too young to be scanned.

Remember, YOUR child could be next.
    Last edited by Salada; Aug 7th, 2002 at 07:00:01.

Re: Re: Re: Screw the Neuters (IC)

10 Years ago hmm, you remember the time when certain large NEUTRAL organisations (including the 2nd largest company with permission to be on Rubi-ka) was leveled to the ground?

They supported the Clans, they funded them, they provided them with arms...and what was there payment? The Clans decided to burn the company to the ground as a mark of thanks for all the support. The Clans only have one thing they want, and thats bloodshed, you just need to look at the CoA for evidence.

We aint Clan, we aint Omni...we do things our way. Peace is the centre of our thinking, and the only members of the Clans which seem to understand this is the Pilgrims, who I have a massive respect for, and if necessary I would support. But the rest of the Clans are just an excuse for terrorists intent on nothing more than shedding as much blood as they can, be it from Omni, Neuts or even there own people. Its so sad when you look at things, Radiman had taken you so far, so close to peace yet all you long for is war. He had opened up the ability for you to walk the Omni citys, he had accomplished so much yet you turn your back on it just so you can go shoot someone.

Originally posted by Salada
    There is no neutral in the war against Terrorism. You either stand up and fight the terrorists for the people of Rubi-Ka, or stand idlely by and watch those clanner scums blow up apartment buildings full of children too young to be scanned.
    Unfortunatly, there was...and actually there was ALOT of us. When the DB blew up the tower block a unified force from OT, Clan and Neutrals was formed to gather information, and hopefully do something about it. There was many neutral organisations involved in this, including the one which I currently am President of. We understand the terrorists, we have to face them on a daily basis walking our own towns. We aren't happy about it, but we can do little about it. But you can't go pulling the whiskers of the dog indefinatly before it bites, and one day it will bite back.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

The really sad part in all this is both neutrals and Omni group the clans into one big ball. The largest problem with the clans has always been the lack of centralized leadership and ideals. The last civil war was started by a terrorist act, but no one was ever directly accused or even caught. For all any of us know, Omni blew up their own city just to instigate the war.

The point is that any cut-throat or madman can say "I'm clan!" just like they can say "I'm neutral!" The clans do not identify every neutral with SOL Banking, who was responsible for a huge amount of destruction on the planet, even though they were obviously a neutral organization when it comes to the civil struggle. Why should you consider anyone who claims to be a "rebel clan" to speak for all of us? Like anything in this universe, respect must be earned. There are plenty of clans who have pushed for peace and freedom; how can you group those clans with the Sentinels or the Dust Brigade? We are not Omni employees; we do not have thousands of years of corporate law and Omni-Reform treatment plans or hundreds of levels of beauracracy in order to maintain our rulership. You cannot hold the whole completely accountable for the few.

And would you honestly turn and spit in my face if you found me standing next to you, helping you turn an Omni juggernaut away from your home? Those of us who are true to the Clans seek freedom and peace for all, and we are willing to fight for that right for any person, regardless of affiliation.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast