Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Weapon Guide For Doctor

Doctor Weapon Guide.

Hello everybody i am Julia.
    I always wanted to write a guide for AO but never got chance to. Well I guess I am to late explain how to play doctor and so on so I will just write a guide about weapons for doctor. Something that I noticed been question number one on this board.

A little bit about weapons.
    In AO everyone can use any weapon they want(exception profession specific). Market is full with weapons but choosing the right one is hard because not all of them are good. Task number one open your skill window and check what weapon skill is light blue. Yes that¡¦s correct only weapon skill that is blue is MA and Pistol. The rest are all dark blue. But It¡¦s not as dark as it seems to be. Playing with skills we actually finding out that some of those weapon skills can go just as high as MA and Pistol. Example is Shotgun, 1 Hand Blunt. piercing and 1 Hand Edged. Some skills can also be well trained but don¡¦t go to high, such as 2 hand blunt, 2 hand edged, grenade, sharp objects and MG/SMG. All other skills can be trained only 3 points per level. Here are skill caps in weapons for level 200 doctor.

Body:
    Martial Arts 659

Melee:
    1 Hand Blunt 658
    1 Hand Edged 659
    2 Hand Blunt 598
    2 Hand Edged 598
    Melee Energy 599
    Piercing 659

Misc:
    Grenade 599
    Heavy Weapons 539
    Sharp Objects 599

Ranged
    Assault Rifle 539
    Bow 539
    MG/SMG 599
    Pistol 659
    Ranged Energy 539
    Rifle 539
    Shotgun 659

Initiates
    Melee Ini 599
    Ranged Ini 599
    Physic Ini 659
    (Note: I used stats for level 200 solitus doctor no implants no buffs and basic abilities are caped for breed stats for other races may wary but only for 5 points)

Few things you want to look at when you picking a weapon.

1) How good is weapon itself.
    2) Is it possible to buff it.(wranglers don¡¦t count)
    3) Do weapon implants conflict with nano implants?
    4) Range
    5) Does this weapon need special(rare) items for it to be good? (Example Kaheelar Sleeves, Butcheler Gloves, Low Light Targeting Scope)

I covered 1, 2 and 3 in following chart.
    Body:
    Martial Arts ¡V Fists do good damage, have 0 conflict with nano skills implants and also easy to buff with Martial Artist buffs such as Martial Arts Mastery or Four Fists of Kali(140 to MA buff)

Melee:
    1 Hand Blunt - weapons are decent, clusters don¡¦t conflict with nano skills implants enforcers can buff them.
    1 Hand Edged - cluster go to the same implants as 1 hand blunt thus have 0 conflict with nano skills. Only problem highest buff for 1 hand edged is expertise .
    2 Hand Blunt - nice for atroxes implants also have conflict with our main nano skills and buffed by enforcers.
    2 Hand Edged - Faded Cluster goes into waist and conflicts with Faded BM. No buffs for 2 hand edged. Weapons aren¡¦t nice.
    Melee Energy - Shining conflicts with BM/PM.
    Piercing - also no good weapons yet .

Misc:
    Grenade - no grenade weapons that worse investments.
    Heavy Weapons - Is one of equipment req for good 1 hand edged/2 hand edged swords. Conflicts with Bright PM/Intelligence.
    Sharp Objects - nothing yet .

Ranged
    Assault Rifle - Conflicts with Bright MC/TS and Faded MC/TS implants easy to buff by soldiers +60, and if you clan can raise that skill with Kaehler Uniform Sleeves ,
    Bow - no good bows in the game.
    MG/SMG - Only conflicts with Bright MC/TS, no buffs for it.
    Pistol - Conflicts with Bright TS/MC and Faded MC/TS, soldier can buff it by +40.
    Ranged Energy - Conflicts with Shining BM/PM, Bright PM/Int, soldiers buff it by 70.
    Rifle - has 0 conflict with nano skill implants, agents can buff this skill by 55 and 120, soldiers can buff it by 50.
    Shotgun - conflicts with Bright MC/TS faded BM no buffs for this weapon skill.

Below you will find list for weapons that's good for doctor and currently in the game (exception Freedoms Arms ¡§prenerfed¡¨). Weapons divided into 2 categories, first category is weapons that only work well with Extremely Low Light Targeting Scope critical chance 12+, second category goes for weapons that work with new scope or no scope at all . (note: this only guide for weapons that's do damage not the one that give bonuses)

Lucky owners of LLTS 12+ critical chance look here. (note following weapons are only good at high level when you can equip 12+ scope)

Shotguns

Ultra-Light Missile Pistol Raid 9-X Rating *****
    This weapon is great for both pvm and pvp. It's ultra fast so you can be in full defense and still fire very fast. The only disadvantage is 15 meters range. I suggest not to dual wield it. Use 13+ scope for best effect and need MA buff too. Plus it only need shining pistol and shotgun to be self equip able on level 162

Ithaca Ki-8 Rating *****
    Second great weapon for doctor. Works fine in pvp and pvm. It¡¦s also fast and has Aimed Shot as special which is good for pvp. Can¡¦t be on full defense thou but 50% works great with 12+ scope. (note ql 199 Ithaca Ki-8 Snakemaster is highest version of this shotgun)

Electrical Pacifier Rating **
    So weapon mainly good in pvp because of radiation damage(not so many use psyhic bracers)

OT-Windchaser SM37 PSB Rating ***
    An Ithaca without AS . That's all I can say bout this gun (note ql 190 OT-Windchaser SM37 PSB Pholler is highest version of this gun)

Assault Riffles
    River Series 6 Raiting ****
    Great weapon for high end doctors. This is mainly good for pvp. Great because you can shoot and run, doesn't need ammo so no reload time and not so high req. Mostly used by high level doctors as main attack weapon after alpha from Flashpoint or Heavy Suppresor. (note better works with Kaehler Uniform Sleeves , ql 185 exellent river series 6 is highest version of this gun and I didn't make mistake its Funcom did .)

For everybody else.
    MELE
    Body
    MA Rating *****
    Best weapon for doctor in pvm. Nice normal damage, nice critical, easy to buff(always Ma in team), easy to implant (null conflict with nano skills implants). Only disadvantage is short range. (note should raise brawl and parry for MA specials)

1 Hand Blunt
    Native Alloy Staff Rating *****
    Best weapon if you went 1 hand blunt. Works great if you put Lead Pipe or Parry Stick in off hand.

1 hand Edged
    SSC Byom Blade Rating *****
    Even it has heavy weapons as equipments it still great weapon. (note comes only as team mission boss loot)
    Rider Executener Rating ****
    Great weapon one of the best swords only heavy weapons make it look bad however on high levels you can get it in off hand while have Byom in main.
    Mantis Scissors Rating *****
    Best one hand edged weapon in the game. (note only found on Mantis Breeders in Smuglers Den)

2 hand blunt
    Sledgehammer Rating ****
    Good weapon for those solitus doctors who went 2 hand blunt. Suggestion to use Longmoon on low lvls while mele initiate is not high enough to use hammers.

Support Beam Rating ****
    Favorite weapon among enforcers but you have to be atrox to use it .
    Heavy-Headed Staff Rating *****
    Best 2 hand blunt weapon in game. Only one problem Tarasque drop it and I never seen it going past ql 180.

2 Hand Edged
    True Katana Rating *****
    Great pure 2 hand edged weapon. Suggestion to use South Wind Katana on low lvls untill melee ini is high enough for True Katana
    Premium Rider Warblade Rating *****
    Better then True Katana but has heavy weapons in equipment req.
    Mele Energy
    North Wind Katana Rating ****
    Well its only mele energy weapon that good but shining cluster in head for mele energy making a bad picture

Ranged
    Assault Riffle

Nova Flow - Mk IV Rating **
    Its both hard to implant and to raise Assault Riffle. Damage output will be very low and burst isn¡¦t a great special after all.

Heavy Suppressor rating ***
    I like to say about this weapon a nice pvm waste of skill. Yes this weapon only good for pvm because of 3.3 minute recharge o full auto. Almost impossible to equip and need 2 kahealr sleeves.(note only comes as team mission boss loot)

Pistol

The Original Electronicum v3 Rating ***
    All I can say its only good pistol in the game. All other weapon in this guide will beat it in damage but if you went pistols this is for you suck in pvp also.. (note only comes as team mission boss loot)

Riffle

Yatamutchy X-3 Counter-Sniper Rifle Rating ****
    Great pvm weapon if you don¡¦t have new scope . Very new and very popular among doctors weapon. Not so bad in pvp also. I suggest using HUD Upgrade: Enhanced Target Acquisition (from T.I.M. at the end of TLR dungeon) (note this riffle comes only as team mission boss loot)

Shotguns

Vektor ND Shotgun Rating ****
    Great shotgun. Also has psyhic bonus.(note highest version is ql 180 Vector ND DRAGON Shotgun)

S.A. Home Defender Rating *****
    Best not crit or die shotgun. Use HUD Upgrade: Enhanced Target Acquisition (from T.I.M. at the end of TLR dungeon) to get good speed.

Medium Shotgun Rating ****
    A fling shot version of Vector and personally I like it more then vector.

Krutt Assault 219 Waltzing Queen Rating ****
    A very nice weapon still work great with just Vision Echancer and MA buff plus has intelligence bonus. (note highest version is ql184 Krutt Assault 219 Waltzing Queen Special)

MG/SMG
    Sol Chironis Systems Rating ****
    Good weapon for low levels. Has nice damage and nice critical works great with vision enhancer. (note: only found as sealed orders)

Mausser Chemical Streamer Rating ****
    Best pure mg/smg weapon in the game. Use HUD Upgrade: Enhanced Target Acquisition (from T.I.M. at the end of TLR dungeon) for good speed . (note: made from regular Mausser)

Special thanks to Auno for creating www.antiguardians.com
    Last edited by Julia; Sep 9th, 2002 at 20:48:13.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Comments, suggestions leave them all here .

I will update this guide with new weapons once they released.

Also let me know if i missed anything.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

nothin I can think of Julia, nice job
    Daren "Talanie" Briggs

Achiever 93% | Killer 73% | Explorer 33% | Socializer 0%

Just one thing, couldnt you give the mausser chem streamer less than 5 stars? I use one myself and I like being different from all the other docs i see, most of em are rifle or shotgun now... with a few assault rifle doctors like yourself

It is a great gun though, the hard hits and the fast recharge of burst (every 23 seconds) is great in pvp

Can't wait to try this gun though, supposedly starts dropping in 14.5 http://auno.org/ao/db.php?cmd=view&id=159034&t=ag
    I hope 970 ranged init is enough

Very nice guide!
    Only "No good bows in the game" is not right.
    The Schuyler is, if you want it the "Vektor ND/SA HD" of bows and the pow-bow is loved, HIGH priced and nice.

Thanks for all the work!
    The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow.

Arrow

The True Katana (like the Sledgehammer) is a very slow weapon - not such a problem at high levels, but at lower levels you may want to try a Longmoon or Haxxor until you can get your Melee Init up suficiently.

julia, each breed will have a slightly diffrent high low, if even by a few points over time.

The reason i mention this is the biggest factor, Breed caps.

none of the breeds have the same caps.

Well take some of hte weapons. A few of them go on str/stam, others sense, agility.

Here is the stats as they effect Skill

BODY SKILLS
    Martial Arts 50% agility, 20% str, 30% psycic
    Brawling, 60% str. 40% stam
    Dimach 80% sense, 20% Psychic

MELEE SKILLS
    1hb 50% Str, 40% Stam, 10% agility
    1he 40% agility, 30% str, 30% stam
    Piercing 50% agility, 30% stam, 20% str
    2hb 50% str, 50% stam
    2he 60% str, 40% stam
    melee energy 30% stam, 30% int, 30% psy, 10% psychic
    parry 50% str, 30% sense, 20% agility
    Sneak attak 50% agility, 30% int, 20% sense
    Multi melee 6-% agility, 30% str, 10% stam
    Fast attack 60% agility, 40% sense.

MISC SKILLS
    Sharp object 60% agility, 20% str, 20% sense
    Granade 40% agility,40% sense, 20% int
    heavy weapons 60% agility, 40% str

RANGED SKILLS
    Bow 40%agility, 40% sense, 20% str
    Pistol 60% agility, 40% sense
    assult Rifle 40% stamina, 30% agility, 30% stam, 10% str
    shotgun, 60% agility,40% str
    rifle 60% agil, 40% str
    ranged energy 40% psy, 40% sense, 20% int
    Fling shot 100% agility
    Aimed shot, 100% sense
    Burst 50% agility, 30% str, 20% stam
    Full auto 60% str, 40% stam
    Bow spec. 50% agility, 40% sense, 10% str
    Multi ranged 60% agility, 40% int

SPEED SKILLS
    Melee inti 60% sense, 20% psycic, 10% int, 10%agility
    Ranged Init, 60% sense, 20% psycic, 10% int, 10%agility
    Psycic Init. 60% sense, 20% psycic, 10% int, 10%agility
    Nano cast init. 60% sense, 40% agility
    Dodged range,50% agility, 30% sense, 20% int
    Evade close combat 50% agility, 30% sense, 20% int
    Duck exp 50% agility, 30% sense, 20% int
    nano resist 80% psycic, 20% int

Saveeee
    Last edited by saveyourbutt; Sep 9th, 2002 at 17:17:54.

Nice work. I've been hoping for a nice write up like this. The last one I had is way too out of date to be useful.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

Ok here is a IP chart to remeber--

BODY SKILLS
    Martial Arts 10
    Brawling, 14
    Dimach 20

MELEE SKILLS
    1hb 12
    1he 12
    Piercing 12
    2hb 16
    2he 16
    melee energy16
    parry 12
    Sneak 16
    Multi melee 16
    Fast attack 12

MISC SKILLS
    Sharp object 16
    Granade 16
    heavy weap20ons

RANGED SKILLS
    Bow 20
    Pistol 8
    assult Rifle 20
    mg/smg 16
    shotgun, 12
    rifle 20
    ranged energy 20
    Fling shot 12
    Aimed shot, 16
    Burst 15
    Full auto 20
    Bow spec. 20
    Multi ranged 20

SPEED SKILLS
    Melee inti 16
    Ranged Init, 16
    Psycic Init. 10
    Nano cast init. 5
    Dodged range, 12
    Evade close combat 16
    Duck exp 12
    nano resist 6

Originally posted by Darkbane
    The True Katana (like the Sledgehammer) is a very slow weapon - not such a problem at high levels, but at lower levels you may want to try a Longmoon or Haxxor until you can get your Melee Init up suficiently.
    I made a note in guide thanks for suggestion.

Originally posted by Chanell
    Only "No good bows in the game" is not right.
    The Schuyler is, if you want it the "Vektor ND/SA HD" of bows and the pow-bow is loved, HIGH priced and nice.
    Well personaly i thing you can go bows just for looks . Otherways its worthless bows caped at 539 faded conflicts with MC/TS and there is no buffs for bows .

Originally posted by Pris401
    Just one thing, couldnt you give the mausser chem streamer less than 5 stars? I use one myself and I like being different from all the other docs i see, most of em are rifle or shotgun now... with a few assault rifle doctors like yourself

It is a great gun though, the hard hits and the fast recharge of burst (every 23 seconds) is great in pvp

Can't wait to try this gun though, supposedly starts dropping in 14.5 http://auno.org/ao/db.php?cmd=view&id=159034&t=ag
    I hope 970 ranged init is enough
    Did it Well when people ask me what weapon to chose if no scope i suggest to go with Mauser over X3. Atleast its better in pvp then X3.
    The new gun will be added to guide once i am sure its in the game and it looks realy nice too.

Saveyourbutt
    Thanks for comments however i mentioned in guide that stats for other breed will be different by ~ 5 points.
    Like atroxex will get some bonus in 1 hand edged/2 hand edged while nano mage will have have less in skill then solitus by 6 points.

I do have a comment on the Beam, as being a user of it in a non enforcer profession. The beam should have 5 stars. The hammer 3 stars

The reasons, the beam is fast, and has a great crit.

the hammer is way to slow with no crit. I tested it out for over 100 levels.

the hammer reqs are much lower, but a beam with the same reqs will outdamage the hammer.

If you have a crit buff, it is amplified.

SS

Julia, this is a very nice guide, thanks for putting it together. Well done.

imho: after reading this guide I'm even more convinced the best damage and cheapest IP is MA for docs (with the only disadvantage being range). MA+Brawl+PhysInit = very cheap IP. If I were to reroll, I would always have these 3 skills maxed.

Plus if you did this for PvM alone until you reached L 200 you would only need to erase 3 skills if you wanted to change weapons to start PvP'ing.

Well i am planing to reset my IP and use MA and River. Looks great plus its hard to root us with in debuff

Test for MA

I got 890 Attack Rating with MA maxed skill, fully implanted, dragon body. Damage vary from 340 to 970 and critical hits 2641(my critcals with raids). In 10 seconds on half defence i did 13 regular hits and 2 brawls. Crited on brawl and got 2 regular crit hits (13 scope).

I got 140 MA buff and my attack rating went to 1030. Now i crited for 2843 and damage from 400 to 1100.

nerf MA's!

hehe

nice damage

Exclamation

Very nice guide Julia, ive been looking for something like that for a while. The only bad feedback I could give you is its to short. :-| ... Every single column you made should have more details (I'm bored at work browsing boards and that was actually one of the first good post I found hehe).. Btw I had the same idea about going MA and I got a few questions to ask you in game

I tested it on my brother doctor on test its a lvl 189 doc .

I still havent rested mine but wil once i get to aroun 186-189 so i can have MA, Brawl, Dimach, Parry, AR, SMG, AS. Because i pvp a lot and i need Ranged Weapon incase of rooters

FANTATASTIC

A very nice post indeed. It maybe also worth metioning that a lower lvls (sub 100) 1hb allows you to equip a pillow for team missions and better heals (assuming self buffed) and say a staff for solo missions. Note here my lvl80 doc dules a pepper pistol and O/T boomer (wrangled and buffed on) not a great damage dealer but she can solo 50% missions and still do great team work. However if she was lvl180 i am sure pistols would be a thing of the past and an IPR would bring shot gun on line for ithaca.

Once again a great post well done.

Bravo Julia! Most impressive.

Just a few quick questions/comments...

Are North Wind Katanas available in-game yet? Last I heard, they were not, but this might've changed.

As far as "No good piercing weapons yet"... I'm not sure if you'd consider the Spear of the Night to be worth mentioning or not. This would be a nice weapon if piercing & 2HE implants didn't conflict with each other. Even still, good weapons with max health mods are a rarity.

...& regarding "no good bows"... I would suggest mentioning the two KIWD's here, but I suppose they're more rifle than bow. I imagine the Sniper version would perform better in PvP(?). I think that more folks would be using KIWD's if the X-3's weren't so damn good.

Thank you for the skill cap listings... very helpful indeed!
    Lucas "Madhava" Graves || Gear
    Level 203 Chief of Staff Surgery
    Advisor of Synergy Factor

Chakra "Accessory" Red || Gear

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast