Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Name Rubi-ka's Moons Contest!

Name Rubi-ka's Moons Contest!

Have you ever wondered what our planet's moons are named??? Many of us have. Well its about time Rubi-Ka
    named its moons....

The Council of Clan Leaders has decided to sponsor a contest to "NAME RUBI-KA'S MOONS"

All you have to do to be a part of this event is post your idea of suitable names for our moons in this thread (There are three of them. A red one,a blue one, and a large grey one). The names must be appropriate to say publicly and the moons cant be named after yourself(ie we dont want Patk9, Patk10, and Patk11 ^_^). However names of *other* people that have done great things for Rubi-Ka are acceptable.

On Saturday 28 September the judging panel will select the best names and submit them to the ICC's Galactic Cartography Board where they will (hopefully) be made the official names of the moons.

As an added incentive, the winning entry will receive a great set of prizes including a Division9 Plasma projector(QL200),a Ring of Physics(+17 to Chemical, Radiation, and Poison Damage), and 1 million credits. And the list of prizes will grow as more items are donated.

This contest is open to ALL of Rubi-Ka's citizens regardless of affiliation. So hurry up and submit your ideas. Remember to post them in this thread.

Also: The judging panel is in need of judges. The Council of Clan Leaders is asking that two representatives from Omni-Tek as well as two Neutral representatives volunteer to be on the judging panel for this event. Send a tell to me(Lyricia) or volunteer on this thread. Thanks in advance ^_^
    Last edited by Lyricia; Sep 21st, 2002 at 20:57:45.

^_^

We need two judges each from Omni-Tek and the Neutrals still. If you want to volunteer please send me a tell
    Last edited by Lyricia; Sep 26th, 2002 at 03:15:52.

You know, that made me think of something. Are the blue and red moons that color because of the blue and red suns reflecting light off them? I wonder what Earth's moon would look like if the sun were red or blue or some other color.

Oh yes. Names for the moons.

Rubi-ka A, Rubi-ka B, Rubi-ka C. I think this is the standard naming practice for moons in the International Astronomical Union (or Interstellar if you will). It's also quite boring.

Asimov, Clarke, Heinlein. This might be a good choice, but by this time in human history, there are probably about a billion triplets of moons named after these guys. I need to think of something more original..

Cobalt (for the blue one) Iron (for the red one) and Tin (for the gray one)

I'll probably think of some more later.

hmm

red moon- Celuloe "cell you low" pronounced
    blue moon- Glamiea "Gla me uh"
    grey moon- Zandriel say it how its spelled

Name them after the Fates:

Clotho
    Lachesis
    Atropos

Originally posted by NullRunner
    Klatu
    Veratta
    Nictu

rofl.

this one wins!!
    {Beyond the Drunken Master, is the Plastered Master} Lilasiandude 216 MA
    Proud Member of Storm, and the Betty Ford Clinic

-Sllammer 216 enf. - Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Click!

BE STORM

Gradius
    Maximus
    Ithicus

should be the names
    "I came here to kick some *** and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubblegum."

"I am the Alpha and the Omega, The beginning and the end, the first and the last"

Killer 66%
    Explorer 66%
    Achiever 53%
    Socializer 13%

Huey, Dewey and Louie
    Vanguard Mharc. Self-equipper extraordinaire no longer. I'm back!

My submissions for the moons

Cruithne - (a near earth object that may be our second moon)
    Maudib - the name of the four eared bunny you see on Rubi Ka (and from the Dune series)
    Apollo - our lunar missions remembered in the future.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Lets not forget who started this mess.

Hello!

I would like these names included in the naming of the moons of Rubika.

Red Moon - Eric Miller Luna - (circa 2019) This man is the farther of nanotechnology and is credited for trying to exterminating all of mankind on earth. He bioengineered the Influenza virus that wiped out 75percent of man and then tried to nuked the remaining 25percent.
    He also created an organization called the ARK that were made up of about 1000 scientists and people that could build a new society. They then buried themselves deep into the earth and slept for 1000 years with the help of nanobots. Only to emerge to further his diabolical plans of correcting gods mistakes and a creating a perfect world.

Blue Moon – Sara Collins Luna – (circa 2119) She is also credited for helping Dr. Miller but was unaware of his actual plans to repair gods imperfections. She left Farmatek once she found out about his overall plans. She tried to right the wrongs that she was party to and by making the world see what DR. Miller had planned for earth. She was an empath and the solitus owe their existance to her.

Grey Moon - Luna Despero - Is the latin word for MOON OF HOPE.

These are the names we should call our moons. They revolve around us and should remind us that these things can happen again. Lets not forget what Dr. Miller did to us and what his legacy is currently doing to us. Plus, lets remember Dr. Collins for her efforts.

Think of it this way, if you were laying on the grass in your yard on Rubika with your children, what a nice story to tell them. - The Hope moon is always chasing and making Dr. Miller and Dr. Collins remember their evil doings and that hope is one thing they cannot erase from the universe.
    Last edited by Pepper; Sep 18th, 2002 at 23:26:47.

Klatu
    Veratta
    Nictu

Lol, yeah... I do think we have a winner .
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Klatu
    Veratta
    Nictu
    bahahaa

Thumbs up

Great ideas everyone! Keep them coming in.

I have one comment. Shouldn't it be "Klaatu Veratta *Coughs*" ? ^_^

yeeha!

I bump n vote for Clotho, Lachesis, and Atropos. Great names....

Hey.... anybody ever read the S. King novel "Insomnia"?

Crazay awesome book. read it...
    Pfft, the GMs and ARKs aren't rid of me yet! Back for a third round, in this corner, we have Vamp. Weighing in at a buck-fiddy and lovin' all the bitties.

Donations to the "Why Did Vamp Give All His Gearz Away" fund are now being accepted. Either that, or a friendly hello.

Fleefum

berilium

verilious

Talking

Keep the names coming. Only one week left until the judging.
    Last edited by Lyricia; Sep 22nd, 2002 at 19:13:28.

The winner!

Klatu
    Veratta
    Nictu
    *rofl* This has to be it
    Rubber "Zhoknerfer" Critducky - Gear & Perks - Level 210 :: 11 - Opifex Martial Artist Guru
    Rubber "Xephydes" Ducky - Level 214 :: 2 - Nanomage Meta-Physicist Deity - Clan Meta-Physicist since February 19th, 2002
    Rubber "Premortem" Stabducky - TL5 :: 7 Opifex Shade

On extended leave... Awaiting Lost Eden I guess

Arcane Circle

WoW: Premortem, Night Elf Rogue, Draenor EU Server

-Caliban

-Juno

-Prospero

Names of Shakespearean characters.

I think that's how we currently name moons, after they've been given a number-letter designation... I believe.
    k- This message has been reviewed by intrusive goons searching for "evil-doers".

moons

"Patk9" "Patk10" and "Patk11" please. thanks.
    Experienced Patk9
    Level 220 Clan Advent
    Patk8 206 Trader
    Rubi-ka's 1st Adventurer Neophyte and Experienced

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast