Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MP Quest-Spoiler

MP Quest-Spoiler

I realize a lot has changed since September 2002, and that people still use this post as a guide for the MP ring quest. So I figured I'd update it since it was written 10 months ago.

* I've updated the reward level. It's 130, not 180.
    * I've updated Jack. He's much much much easier to kill now.
    * I've gone ahead and put the Jack spawns in this post as well.

Mob: Elmer Ragg
    Level Range: Reward is level restricted at 130. Mort is also full of cyborgs who will aggro you. It will involve killing Jack the Legchopper, which is easiest to kill with a full team but can be done in smaller groups. I managed it with an engi, 2 mas, myself back when he was uber. So I imagine you can probably do it with two people, and possibly with 1 now.

Target Elmer

Say Hi

He responds with a hi.

Say Who are you?

He responds with "I am Elmer Ragg"

Say What do you do?

He will either say:

I do important experiments...

or

I was doing some very important experiments before you interrupted me!

You say What experiments?

He tells you what experiments. *

You say How can I get the seed?

He tells you how.

You say Yes

You recieve the mission to get the Glowing Amagdaloid from a Jack the Legchopper clone. You have 17 days, 12 hours to complete this.

Jack Clone locations I know of, all in Varmint Woods:

2500x400
    2200x1100
    2200x1300
    3800x900
    4000x350
    2800x2700

Not exact coordinates, but close enough.

Kill the mobs that are at those locations. You then have a random chance of Jack spawning. Best bet is to just go from camp to camp killing the placeholders. Respawn is very short, so it shouldn't be too time consuming.

THERE IS AN ALTERNATIVE METHOD AS WELL. However, I do not know if this is a bug or not. On the day this patch went live months ago, things were fairly buggy. I have never gone back to actually see how things are now, so if the following no longer works, let me know.

You say:

Hi
    Why are you here?
    How can I know the answer?
    Yes.

I would like to thank Bandersnatch for giving me the coordinates to Elmer. He also stayed there with me as we spent over an hour attempting to get through his bugged speech. I know I was ready to set fire to individual Funcom employees, so he deserves a reward for that. :/

Thanks also to Cobalt9 for finding the bugged way. I assume this has been fixed, but if it hasn't, then great.
    Last edited by Zylina; Jul 17th, 2003 at 00:50:48.

kool

Thanks Zylina, just what i was looking for... btw, i tried telling him "how can i get the seed" about 50 times before trying "can i get the seed for you" dunno if it was just a coincedence, but he gave me the mission right away, saying something about "are you sure you want to do that" just a thought...
    Mindfire - lvl 128 Nano MP [Putting the MP in gimp]
    Anthriel - lvl 140+ Atrox Enf [the anti-giMP]
    Goldenboy - lvl 54 Atrox Agent [Mini-Twink]

Arguing on the internet is like competing in the special olympics... even if you win, you're still retarded.

Yes, the words used in the spoiler do not have to be exact.

They are just guidelines.

The words I put in the spoiler worked for me...after over an hour of trying. This makes one wonder if this mob is bugged.

We tried many deviations while using the same base words that are probably the keywords.

We were able to get replies on these deviations.

But for the most part, just the "Try the other ear" crap he spouts out when he doesn't 'understand' you.

I'm glad you did recieve the mission though. I saw too many mps going through there leaving in frustration.

I picked up the quest this morning without any trouble, wish Id seen this first - I would have taken more careful note of what Id said.

Maybe I was just lucky...

As far as I recall it went like this, I said very similar things to Zylina, the key being to ask about the experiments and the seed :

Started with the usual hello, what do you do... After he talked about experiments I said 'What experiments'. He then went into a big speech about people interupting him, so I asked the same again.

Then he mentioned the seed and it took a few variations on 'I will get the seed' before it went into him asking me if I was sure I wanted to do it. I think 'I can get the seed' did it.

Virtually the same as Zylina described...

from patch notes:

"Jack Legchopper" has had his regeneration rate reduced. This also applies for his clones.

does this mean that he spawns less often, or that he doesn't heal as quickly?
    Nostra343 - the crazy tanking fighting nuking debuffing healing cursing nanomage MP.

Means he doesnt heal as quickly I believe

what does the "Glowing Amagdaloid" give you?

what are its stats?

Probably nothing. You return it to Elmer and he gives you the ring.

From what I've heard, Jack is just like the Masked Commando mobs. They aren't impossible, but they have such high evades that you WILL only hit them with specials (my pet hit maybe once every 3 or 4 minutes). Just have a good doc, a good tank, and 3 good damage dealers (preferably with lots of specials. )
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

"On a mission to beat Hayake's /played time."

Ooh you wench First slowing me down with Zylina and then powerlevelling an alt so you could beat my played time? No fair!!!

"Glowing Amagdaloid" .. how booring, thats the same thing we NTs need :/
    Eldridge 'Hratgard' Craddock Gear
    Nano Technician - 220/20, and will remain 20 for ever, or till Funcome makes it worthwhile AXPing.
    Former President of Storm.

enybody know where this clone is??? and the rate of spawn??? also heard you needed to kill something to make him spawn,, thats true?
    =:Main Char:=

Kazax Meta-Physicist (Saint) Rk2

=:Alternative Chars:=

Ugtar Enforcer (Union Man) Rk2

Kazzax Enforcer (Worker) Rk1 (Retired)

Kickn1337 Martial Artist (Master 5th Dan) Rk2

Der finder kun 10 slags mennesker dem som forstår binær og dem som ikke gør!!!

I've deleted this post as it is very out of date.
    Last edited by Zylina; Jul 17th, 2003 at 00:47:50.

just wanted to get this to the top again =)
    =:Main Char:=

Kazax Meta-Physicist (Saint) Rk2

=:Alternative Chars:=

Ugtar Enforcer (Union Man) Rk2

Kazzax Enforcer (Worker) Rk1 (Retired)

Kickn1337 Martial Artist (Master 5th Dan) Rk2

Der finder kun 10 slags mennesker dem som forstår binær og dem som ikke gør!!!

And what is this quest reward?

215/15 | Lagerlad Atrox Adventurer | eqp | Mostly indestructible
    214/13 | Xpie Atrox Meta-physicist | eqp | Supernova!
    Member of Ragnarok

Band of the Frog Tongue

Req level: 130

1hb 14
    Sense 14
    Run Speed 42
    Max Health 112

Now if FC actually cared about MP's & wanted to give our more than below average HP count a boost they should add a 1 to the start of the health bonus on that ring.
    Da Skellsta

Da Skellsta MkII

Don't hate me caus I am different

"Fear is the path to the dark side... fear leads to anger... anger leads to hate... hate leads to Anarchy Online players."

w00t glad I found this thread
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Talking Elmer's understanding

Remember Elmer Ragg is an Atrox. It could explain why he's so slow at understanding you.

I'd like to at least have a peek on Jack and maybe ridicule myself trying to hit him. I'm certainly nowhere near I can hope to even leave a scar though.

Zylina, if you're willing to take tourists I'd be happy to make myself as useless as possible.
    Malusz, Fist of Chronos.
    Raised by the Guild of Meta-Physics.

Jack hits for 1kish through reflect.

Level up a bit more and I'll take you. :P

OK

Will do.

I'm in no hurry of levelling for some reason(s) though.
    Malusz, Fist of Chronos.
    Raised by the Guild of Meta-Physics.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast