Thread: Magic 8 Ball - AO's 2nd birthday(Future)

Talking Magic 8 Ball - AO's 2nd birthday(Future)

This is just a fun thread for off the wall predictions on what you think AO will be like on its second birthday next year, June 2003. Anything goes, in-game story arc to game mechanics. Might as well have some fun. Who knows, one of our predictions might auctually come true.

Here I go. In case anyone thinks this is real, its not. Its fiction!

The expansion pack Shadowlands was a flop because they were not able to finish the floating city of Jobe in time despite its delay to early 2003. However, plans are in place for a booster pack when the city is finally finished. Expect to see it ready for the holidays 2003.

In light of Everquest's RTS spinoff success the second expansion pack has been announced. Dubbed, Anarchy Online: Commanders it will be the first MMORPG to integrate an RTS in real time. The press release quotes "We will allow the player to assume command of vast numbers of units to take the war between Omni-Tek and the Clans to a scale never seen before." However, they refuse to comment on what will happen to the regular players that might lag out or crash from the graphical overload on their non-Commander clients.

The story has taken a major twist when the events team finally allowed the players to affect the outcome for the first time in two years. Henry Radimant has been killed pernamently while giving a speech during the reopening ceremony of the Council of Truth's building in Tir by an Omni agent useing an illegal permakill weapon. In the ultimate show of irony, the agent immediately committed suicide to escape and be resurrected back in Omni terrority.

In retaliation, a millitant clan called "Sons of Da Leet" broke into the Omni-Administration building in Omni-HQ and kidnapped Phillip Ross. Currently, there are no plans from any of the player run departments within Omni-Tek to rescue the leader. "Hey, he was never there for me. Why should I bother to rescue him?" The words of an apathetic Omni organization leader summarized the general attitude towards Mr. Ross. This was after his inactivity despite the clans controling over 90% of the terraformed regions on Rubi-Ka, 2 days after the land control "booster pack" was released. They have been ever since.

What do you think the future holds for AO?
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

if you haven't figured out the players form the storyline by now you've been too busy getting into that new tarasque armor
    Eldridge "Thewanderer" Shelling
    Clan Martial-Artist
    3305 Local Diplomat

Kithrak and Dragon Armor??? ROFLMAO!!!
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Level 207 Omni-Tek Dictator
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.
    Account Created: 2001-06-27 23:07:32

The second birthday of AO will be marked by the sale of all AO servers, infrastructure and remaining staff for scrap :-)

one FC official was quoted as saying "Things were never the same when Cz didnt come back from 'trying out' SW:G"
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Unhappy

01) The filthy clanners finally take a bath.

02) Omni becomes less opressive after being exposed to Barney videos

03) I win the MRS and MR Omni beauty pagent! IM so sexy, im omni-sex.

04) A massive armada from the LEET homeworld arrives, demanding that we release our LEET slaves.

05) OMNI and Clan unite, and blame the Nuetrals for the opression of the LEETs.

06) A massive hole is blown into the side of Rubi-Ka as the LEET armada decimates the Nuetral population.

07) The hole exposes the entrance to the shadow lands, where large stock piles of bronto burgers are found and harvested.

08) As the LEET armada leaves, engineers lead by Buereacrats begin the transformation of RUBI-KA.

09) Rubi-Ka is converted into a giant death star.

10) A stellar butterfly named Herman, eats Rubi-Ka

11) Mutagens in the butterfly's stomach transform me into an even sexier person.

12) Powered by bronto burgers, a massive star destroyer ray is developed and tested on Herman.

13) Herman is evaporated.

14) Bell Bottoms come back in style.

15) I reach the pinnacle of sexxiness as I walk about in my toilet paper bell bottoms.
    Last edited by Erorr; Oct 3rd, 2002 at 15:50:13.
    Quinn Erorr Cratty

Quinn glares, "You have failed me for the last time Janitor Bob!"