Thread: Two Things Every Nubi should know...

Two Things Every Nubi should know...

Go to these websites, read about what is offered, download and use them. They make the game much more enjoyable....

Clicksaver: http://a.chavasse.free.fr/ClickSaver/
    Dovve's Map: http://peacefairchild.tripod.com/

Enjoy.

Amen to that. I got them both (along with Dovve's beautiful interface skin) on my second day of playing - a mere two weeks ago.
    They have been invaluable and I wouldn't really want to know what the game is like without them .

I can recommend this little character planner as well by the way: AO Skill System Emulator. You can find it at http://rustot.by.ru/
    I haven't used it much yet, but I'm sure it will come in handy later on before I spend way too many IP on things I can't really afford to up.
    Last edited by Miths; Nov 9th, 2002 at 13:52:23.

Absolute bump to this.

I've been playing one month now, about to hit lvl 50 with my Advy. I would be very frustrated if it weren't for Clicksaver, and Dovve's maps make navigating all the playfields possible.

I can't recommend these highly enough. If you are a newbie, or even if you have been playing awhile and haven't gotten these yet, I recommend you do right away.

I got Clicksaver the other day, and.. No idea what it does. I mean, I have an idea, but.. Could you explain?
    "Acts of men are better than acts of God" ; Misato Katsuragi

Also nano nanny would be a good adition to that - anyone got a link - also clicksaver helps you pull missions for specific items say ncu you want etc -
    Level 200 Eng

My name was nerfed if you wish to contact me ingame please use superslang

These are great days we're living, bros! We are jolly green giants, walking the earth with guns. These people we wasted here today are the finest human beings we will ever know. After we rotate back to the world, we're gonna miss not having anyone around that's worth shooting.

Nano nanny

Depeche Ztatik Mode

Originally posted by Cz The money you would spend on a sports car have been spent on your AO account(s). I have invested them in a sports car for myself. I'll let you drool over a picture of it someday.

Originally posted by Roach
    I got Clicksaver the other day, and.. No idea what it does. I mean, I have an idea, but.. Could you explain?
    I think it has documentation of some sort with it, but here is the basics:

[list=1][*]Start Clicksaver the first time without AO running so it can update it's database. You may have to do this twice, there's a bug of some sort it seems.[*]Now quit Clicksaver and start AO in a window. You can run in full screen, but it makes it much tougher.[*]Go to a mission booth. Open the mission chooser and set up the type of mission you want to draw.[*]Start up Clicksaver[*]In AO, click the "Request a Mission" button.[*]Switch to the Clicksaver window[/list=1]

You will now notice that all of the missions are shown in the Clicksaver window. You can read the particulars easily there without using all the mouse clics in AO.

I won't go into how to get Clicksaver to search for you, but that is the most important aspect, and worth learning how to do.

Small warning re clicksaver - at least a third of the people in my org can't use it without it freezing/crashing pc - a graphics card problem?

Nano-nanny, anarchyarcanum, Dovve map all get my vote as essentials

Question Newbie Question

I am a rather new player (Level 14) have been playing solo since the beginning. Please can you tell me what Clicksaver does? I have seen posts about it but I am still rather unsure what it's for!

Thanks!

Re: Newbie Question

Originally posted by Shyeira
    I am a rather new player (Level 14) have been playing solo since the beginning. Please can you tell me what Clicksaver does? I have seen posts about it but I am still rather unsure what it's for!

Thanks!
    Click saver is used for getting missions for exactly what you want.

Example if you need ncus run ao in window mode and open click saver. On CS add NCU to item list (make sure you mission slector is in the far top left hand corner of the screen) run CS and what it does is scan each mission for items with the letters NCU in them, When it finds a item that matchs it stops searching and tells you which mission you need to select.

This is a good tool, since with out it you have to shift left click each mission. and scholl through each 1 to find the items you need. it saves you about 20 mins or more from looking for what you want.
    My small army on rbk2

NT
    Got Nullity Sphere?

Crat

trader
    <--flavor of the month

I See you!

What a nubi should also know is the sticky thread at the top. It helped me know some stuff about other classes.
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .

Originally posted by Cephous
    Small warning re clicksaver - at least a third of the people in my org can't use it without it freezing/crashing pc - a graphics card problem?

Nano-nanny, anarchyarcanum, Dovve map all get my vote as essentials
    Works for me on solo missions, crashes on team missions (I've had it work on team missions in the past, but current versions just fall over).

But all these tools are incredibly helpful.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

They must learn to ph3ar teh pusher robot aswell....
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .