Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adventurer concerns about 14.6

Adventurer concerns about 14.6

Here's a little time line.

-About a month or so before 14.6: Patk9 vs Earthmonster (190+ enf). Winner: Patk9

-2 days before 14.6: Patk9 vs Spaxz (180ish Trader). Winner: Patk9

-Patch arrives, rematch between Patk9 vs Spaxz. Winner: Spaxz with ease at 50% hp remaining.

-Rematch after patch between Patk9 and Earthmonster. Winner: Earthmonster with 2.5k hp and 2k absorb tank ready to be used.

-Patk9 runs into hermy in 2h0 and dies. Loses Neophyte.

All 3 of those fights after patch cause me to lose pvp points and I blame it on a few things ive heard lots of rumors about. Not taking away from any of the people that killed me they are all friends and respectable skilled pvpers. But before this patch I dont remember anyone being able to beat me with that much ease in 1v1. Possible issues:

1) Melee initiative bug: Ive heard rumor that you do not hit as fast anymore no matter how much initiative. Ive also heard it may be due to agg/def setting bug where it is registered as set in the middle (50%) of bar at all times.

2) Mult Melee bug: I tested using 1 byom sword in arena and i hit 24 times in a span of 1 minute. I also tested 1 sol fire executioner in a span of 1 minute and hit 25 times. With both on I hit for a total of 32 times in 1 minute, shouldnt it be more along the lines of ~49?
    My guess is that mult melee isnt working like it should/used to. Making it look like 2h edge is a way better option if your just gonna hit at a set time per minute.

3) Flurry of Blows: Well it lives up to its name now, it blows. The agg/def part was the best part of it IMO, having weapings hit at 1/1 are nice from the init but putting yourself at risk for that extra few hits is important vs key profs like MA and Doc that you have to catch off guard or they wont die at all.

Some kind of explanation to these bugs would be nice to know before i decide to trash my account over a years+ work.

P.S. Dont even get me started on our nano skill problems we had before this came up.

{Moderator: Please try choose a more describing and constructive topic.}
    Last edited by Cz; Nov 10th, 2002 at 18:22:28.
    Experienced Patk9
    Level 220 Clan Advent
    Patk8 206 Trader
    Rubi-ka's 1st Adventurer Neophyte and Experienced

Good post Patk9, I have experienced the same kind of problems, therefore I have stopped PvPing waiting for some kind of solution.

And to all you potential flamers, this post deserves much more then a "You Adventurers got your love in patch **.*.*", so please save the space for some real ideas.

I hope to see some response to this from FunCom or I might join Patk9 in trashing my 1 year+ account, which would truly be sad, but perhaps the right thing to do.
    TOMTEMOR

Agreed....

I have to agree with Patk9 on the current status of the adventurer profession. Before 14.6 I felt pretty confident about the playability of my character. With careful planning and alot of work (eq = LOTS and LOTS of camping) I thought I was beginning to develop a relatively respectable character.

We have got a somewhat love patch. The best part by far being our 1he and Pistol buffs and our cat heals - but alot was left out too. The cyclic shields, Ancient Sword, And Eye of the Beholder are still all but unobtainable. The sword...is unobtainable. The others are worthless. You can get a ql3ish cyclic (the only one) or a ql200 eye (only one so far) and both are useless!

I guess I get to become another cookie-cutter Nova user - hmmmm funcom?

All I know is that this game is seriously losing its appeal. I've enjoyed AO...and the friendships. But I'm getting tired of rolling a char just to see every bit of the effort I put into it go down the tubes in a matter of hours based on ambigous choices that make absolutely no sense.

WHY was our class affected so? What purpose could it possibly serve? We definately were not the "scrourge of pvp." Heck, you HAVE to get every single unique profession defining item in the game just to become a viable option in pvp. And how does funcom reward all the work that goes into getting these items? Broad-sword Nerf o' Doom!

I could throw a rant. Say I'm gonna leave. But there is no point there. However, when the game becomes a burden to play - I lose interest. This has been the first weekend since I can remember where I didn't WANT to play AO. Most of the time I wanted to sit in front of it an play. Get that next level - that next item. Now, all I can think of is how miserable the whole experience is.

Between the renewed lag, the invisi-nerf, the items that are unobtainable, and the sheer bore that this game has become - well, you get the picture.

Have fun and later!

Kylsawz!
    Last edited by KylSawz; Nov 10th, 2002 at 07:34:35.

Re: Do me a favor and just delete the prof now.

Originally posted by Patk9

2) Mult Melee bug: I tested using 1 byom sword in arena and i hit 24 times in a span of 1 minute. I also tested 1 sol fire executioner in a span of 1 minute and hit 25 times. With both on I hit for a total of 32 times in 1 minute, shouldnt it be more along the lines of ~49?
    My guess is that mult melee isnt working like it should/used to. Making it look like 2h edge is a way better option if your just gonna hit at a set time per minute.

[/B]

Pat,

I never tested this thoroughly with sol's when I used those but.. Soon after I started dual-wielding pistols, I tested how many hits I get per minute with weapons that fired/recharged at 1/1. On average, I got a consistent amount of 33% more total hits per minute by dual wielding two 1/1 pistols than using a single 1/1 pistol.

I suspect this is the same for sol's as I am certain I never got twice as many hits per minute by dual-wielding those (would have been nice ). If you hit for 25 times with single weapon in a minute, then by my testing you would hit for 24 + (24 *.33) ... or roughly 32 hits per minute. According to the numbers you gave, you are right on target for the norm.
    Last edited by Aulis; Nov 10th, 2002 at 09:03:25.
    Warboc - 218 Adv
    President of Defiance

Its so sad when no one beleives me.

Pat I know this sounds weird but go Parry stick Parry stick / Ma...

+200 evades +200 parry 45 attacks a min at 900 init.

That is if you have the Ip to spare...
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

Angry

Huge Bump!

My advent just hit 199 this weekend. I notice a lot of bugs, but what really bothers me is items that were promised us for our "love patch" that STILL are not in the game. I could have stayed with an x-3 or novaflow and saved myself some IPR points. Instead the past 40lvls or so have been melee. I cannot self buff myself into our top 1he buff (why such stupid reqs?) I am upset that the older professions have good buffs for their weapons from the beginning that are easier to cast and not lvl req'd. Before our love patch PM wasnt a skill I even upped, love seems to cost a lot in this game.

I hope the devs read this. There is an adventurer community out there. We aren't the best at anything, and the things that could make us good, just aren't being given to us.

Oh yeah pat did you notice the effect of parry shields? I am sure you use those in pvp, before seemed to make ppl hit for minium damage, but I haven't seen it work well since the patch.

also flurry does suckarse. I ain't kidding when I think of going back to an x-3 with a TIM hud, at least they hit hard and fast and u get a decent aimedshot with it.
    Old Isgrimnur Timer - Ranger
    Glen Sago Schmeisser - General
    Marky Kenidy Mark - Master Assassin Retired@200
    Bling Isgrimnurr Bling - Chairman and CEO

"Have you ever wondered, when you check loot and see NODROP, if it is not supposed to be dropped, how come the mob dropped it? And if the mob can drop it, why can't I?"

Re: Do me a favor and just delete the prof now.

Originally posted by Patk9
    All 3 of those fights after patch cause me to lose pvp points and I blame it on a few things ive heard lots of rumors about. Not taking away from any of the people that killed me they are all friends and respectable skilled pvpers. But before this patch I dont remember anyone being able to beat me with that much ease in 1v1. Possible issues:
    So, you get Neophyte and you expect to live forever? C'mon, you earned Neophyte. You know what PvP is...win some, loose some.

1) Melee initiative bug: Ive heard rumor that you do not hit as fast anymore no matter how much initiative. Ive also heard it may be due to agg/def setting bug where it is registered as set in the middle (50%) of bar at all times.
    One thing I've noticed after 14.6.1: I can turn ShowAllNames off all I want, but next time I log in the names are back, options shows ShowAllNames as off, toggle on/off and names go away. From what I've picked up from guildmates, they don't have this problem.

Maybe you have something similar going on with the agg/def bar? I don't know. Just looking for theories.

AFAIK, you never got twice the attacks with an offhand weapon. I think 32 hits in a min sounds reasonable. Maybe a little low.

3) Flurry of Blows: Well it lives up to its name now, it blows. The agg/def part was the best part of it IMO, having weapings hit at 1/1 are nice from the init but putting yourself at risk for that extra few hits is important vs key profs like MA and Doc that you have to catch off guard or they wont die at all.
    Being new to melee maybe I didn't notice the difference between 14.5.x and 14.6.1, but my Flurry just saved my arse vs. a MA 22 levels above me (165 Adv vs 187 MA) Flurry recharged just as we both ran out of nano. Talk about just in time.

Some kind of explanation to these bugs would be nice to know before i decide to trash my account over a years+ work.

P.S. Dont even get me started on our nano skill problems we had before this came up.
    Another thought, perhaps what you're experiencing is 50% less chance of scoring a crit? I don't claim to know how the combat system works, but that Byom blade is a split attack skill, giving you a lower attack rating that if you were using say, two SOLs. And if attack rating affects crits in some way, and you're now faced with 50% less chance of crit in PvP...could be a big difference.

But I'm no expert. Don't even have a title. And I'm neutral! Just tossing out experience from switching to a nova flow for 60 levels to dual SOL fires. I know I crit alot more with a 1024 attack rating than I ever did with one that was in the 800s.

Maybe these are things to think about and consider, maybe they're not. Wish you luck either way.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

I am sure some of you are pretty familiar with this post:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=29770

According to it, 40 attacks per minute has always been the max. I'm looking forward to Chronita's promised update .

Originally posted by Vydas
    I am sure some of you are pretty familiar with this post:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=29770

According to it, 40 attacks per minute has always been the max. I'm looking forward to Chronita's promised update .
    '
    yes and that was posted on the 9th of june... Melee is different now..

With the 1 attack 2 attack both recharge its 34 a minute

with MA you can get 1 attack 2 attack 3 attack all recharge and theat averages 45 a minute...

New patch new numbers.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

It's been updated, as recently as a few weeks ago, though. And she has indicated she'll update it again.

not just you that got gimped big time. i feel for ya pat, i know exactly how you feel.

i'm scared to pvp a leet.

Um... if you're at 1/1 and it works like MR always has, then it goes:

1 attacks (1 second)
    2 attacks (1 second)
    Both recharge at the same time (1 second)

Giving you 2 attackers per 3 seconds, or 40 attacks per minute.

If you're doing fist/parry/parry, you get 3 for 4, or 45 attacks per minute.

These are, of course, at zero-lag conditions.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Look at what im saying, im not saying what i posted is 100% proven fact, im posting what has happened and the results of it. Pre-patch I know i hit for more, maybe it was just that extra 5-6 hits but thats a big difference in pvp. As for crits, i never went for them in pvp, my skill in pvp has always been reliant on speed and it just doesnt feel the same at all.

To Glara: I know pvp is win some lose some, especially in 2h0 as melee prof. However the people i fought had a decent amount of hp left, before i would beat them, now I would be lucky to get them under 1k before they finish me off.
    Experienced Patk9
    Level 220 Clan Advent
    Patk8 206 Trader
    Rubi-ka's 1st Adventurer Neophyte and Experienced

Hehe, I think even Hermy would say if she had a decent amount of HPs left at the end, something is wrong .

Its not 40 hits a minute, its 32 hits/minute. Thats how it is after 14.6.

Thumbs up

Yep, this patch really sucks on live.
    I spent a ton of IP to go melee and I was really happy with the improvement after using pistols(totally broken system?) for 181 lvls, I got to enjoy melee for about a week or more, but since this patch(another xx.6) has really screwed the game up, mobs that pawn npcs? why FC? ah to slow anyone trying to lvl and send a few more back to the reclaim more often.

I aint even gonna mention all the l/ds EVERYONE is getting in mission maps now, what did you do to the server?
    If someone has a damage over time running on them when exiting a mission, it usually results in their characters death as dispite the lack of image load, that is the black screen after the"your back out side" music starts, while they are unable to heal use a first aid or charger, due to server lagg, the dot is quite happiley eating away at their hp, ffs

We absoulutley do hit slower, no question of it, and that sucks, set it back please, mobbs are still getting double hits every other hit, espesicialy melee mobs, so as far as I can see 14.6 was the mob-love patch, they got double damage, and pets(that are neither use nor ornamante to players).

FC you really messed up big time with this one, the melee-break(the oppisite of fix) blows enormous chunks of vomit.
    I give you one week to fix it, or I will cancel, no-way will I re-roll another character just for you to break it again.
    As a guild leader, I would be letting my entire clan of 200+ members down, so no, I am not mearley blowing off steam or having a tantrum, I am simpley very disapointed at your miss-handling of multi-melee and multi-ranged, so much so I really can't see the point of playing and paying for a broken game, even if that lets that many people down.

Please correct your error

peace
    cal
    Last edited by caloss2; Nov 11th, 2002 at 02:15:05.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

and all us melee Adventurers, let's not even talk about roots....had great fun at MMD the other day, rooted by a fixer and laughed at to death.
    Last edited by Flood1; Nov 11th, 2002 at 02:53:03.

Thumbs down Why do all classes suck?

I'll get to the Adventurer part of the conversation later on, this is just background info on me.

I got a 140 Ma and a 138 Fixer with Ga4 atm, those are my highest, got a enfo, trader, adv, etc as alts.

My MA was the first one I got to high level, then FC gave MA's too much loving, and I found PVM horribly boring, and myself gettin my skinny buttox kicked in PVP.

and of course, since MA's were made too good, everyone started cloning mas, and omg I hate being just another clone even if I did make my MA way before they did.

So I started up my Fixer again that I quit when fixers were horrid. (I found a ga4 disc with my ma) Leveled em up to 138 and now I'm finding Fixers just as boring as my MA, cause now that fixers have been made semi-good, everyone and their mom is either starting up their old fixer alts or playing an ew one. It's no fun having 3 fixers in the same group.

So now I'm trying to find a fun profession to play.

So lets go through the list...

First, I'll eliminate any and all pet classes cause FC refuses to fix the horrid pet pathfinding and the boredom of pets in general.

So can't make Crat, Engi, MP

Next, I'll eliminate the NT, because I don't have NS2, what's the point of being an NT if I don't have NS2? Well actually, I've noticed that NT's still die in about 3 seconds to mobs as soon as their NS2 wears off, even with multiple docs trying to save them.

So I'm left with 6 classes to choose from..

Agent: Look at me, I have an X3, I aimshot a mob, and just keep shooting it till it's dead... so fun... not

Soldier: You'd think by the name I'd be one of the best PVP classes, but nope, think again.

Enfo- either be a cloned atrox beam enfo, or a cloned solitus lead pipe, native alloy enfo, so fun...

Docter- one of the best pvp classes, wierd isn't it? (only reason I don't start one of these, is my 2 friends I play with already have docs around level 200)

Traders- Can you say Nerf Traders? Nope? Ohh ya, in the EULA it says "Never Nerf Traders, they'll whine about it so much you'll wish you didn't"

-Nerfing their heals just gave them an excuse not to add to Biomet, now their just more selfish then ever.

Traders own, everyone knows it, only reason why I don't max level my trader is for the same reasons leveling my MA and Fixer is so boring.

--------Adv Part Starts Here-------
    Leaving me with Adventurers, there's not too many of them in the game, so it's in original choice. After noticing what the problem with high level Advs is, I notice, it's a bad choice.

I completely agree Adventurers were messed up in 14.6, initiatives were made completely slow (even on my fixer, although my burst recharges so much faster), and where are the Cyclic shields they wanted? Why don't they stack? Like layers works so well for the other classes you felt like it'd "really" help adventurers eh?

Leaving me thinking.... all the classes suck, but truth is, after playing AC2.... AO is the best MMORPG out there atm.

But why nerf Adventurers? They never were in fashion, never had more than 1 in my group. Why not nerf the selfish traders?

Here's an original thought on pets btw funcom, since you can't fix pathfinding.

Why not have mps turn into Ghouls/Vampires/Demons, and gain attack skills as well as alot of Health Delta (replacement of healing pet).

As for the "Super Nerfed" engies, why not just make them like mechwarriors, have them get inside their bots, and control them, give them self-buffs that attach extra guns to their bots, etc, etc.

As for bureacrats, all I can think of is fix path finding, and give their Pets the old SMG's the used to have (or so i hear) so they don't have to run into walls trying to get close enough to attack the enemy.

GIVE EVERY CLASS SOME LOVE!
    If every single class was good, we wouldn't have these billions of clones running around that are all the same just different levels.

Give people OPTIONS, don't just give each class 1 thing they HAVE to use to be any good.

I.E. Only be Atrox for Beam, Only be Solitus Enfo for 1h Blunt, Only be trader for shotguns.

I know I went alittle off on a Rant, and it doesn't especially apply to Adventurers, but oh well...

(BTW all you annoying people who love to quote other people posts and point out the things wrong with it, who cares, we all know the mistakes/problems with it, no need to be "Masters of the Obvious", aka "An annoying lil *insert curse word here*")

BUMP
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Bump
    The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast