Thread: Professionals - message out - #1

Lightbulb Professionals - message out - #1

The Professionals have submitted their profession's concerns, and prioritized them together. I wrote up a short description of some of the top issues, and sent it to Gaute, who gladly replied with a little update on each issue (his words in italic).

When people return from their Christmas vacation, I'll try get a few more answers before we start the next round of prioritizing within the program.

{added}Due to people being on vacation, getting exact progress updates, and more answers, is very difficult. I'll try get more details on the below questions too, after Christmas.{/added}

(I hope my quick player-view descriptions of the issues are ok. I admit I did write them in a bit of a hurry, between two reinstalls of my OS. )

Pet pathing
    What's the progress status on this? Is it being worked on, and if so, how much? When can improvements be expected?

Pet pathing is our customer service highest priority, and as the dev team we are looking into finding ways of dealing with this. We have allocated fresh people on this issue, but I cannot promise any definite solutions or the point in time when it will be completed. We are working on it though. How much (as in the number of people), that I am afraid is the type of information we do not give out.

What I can promise is that 14.8 hopefully will see a number of changes happen to our mission dungeons. They will get a major overhaul, making them look and hopefully play, very much differently. There will be bigger and longer rooms with more interesting gameplay. This will actually help a lot as it is in the transitions from one small room to the other that the pets are struggeling the most.

Martial Artists in PvP
    Martial Artists hardly contribute at all in mass PvP due their very low damage output. Many would like to simply have the old critical hit chance back. Any chance of this, or other tweaks, to help the Martial Artists?

We are investigating it, and have discussed different solutions. There are no set date for this change, but I can promise to get back to you within the first weeks into the new year with more details.

Enforcers' tank ability
    Enforcers, despite being the designated tanking profession, are rarely able to hold aggro from mobs. Several professions (soldiers, MAs) outdamage them, while others simply taunt more (NT nukes). Current taunt items are far from efficient enough to remedy this. Any plans on making Enforcers more capable of holding aggro?

The enforcer was never designed to hold aggro unless the player used some skill. I have seen enforcers hold aggro well if they are allowed to deal damage and taunt for some time before the others join in. I do not want to make the enforcers able to hold aggro no matter what the circumstances are.

Saying that, we shall investigate the taunt items, and scale them to fit the current damage output. As this goes up due to better weapons we need to scale the items with it. We have also many other aspects of the enforcer being worked on, but it is too early to define them right now.

Mob parry skill
    High level mobs have extremely high parry skill, which puts close combat professions and pets at a great disadvantage against them, as this comes in addition to high evades. Ranged and nano users only need to get past one line of defence. Any plans on tweaking the parry abilities, or otherwise making close combat professions and pet professions more useful in battling these mobs?

Parry is broken, bugged. Monsters with ranged weapons are not supposed to parry. Nor should it be possible to parry ranged attacks. This is a bug, but I don't know exactly which patch it is due for.

{Comment from Cz: I spoke with Johan about this too, and we have tweaked the Parry skill of the super bosses a few times already, and might make more tweaks later. Mobs will vary though, and some future mobs might not even have any skill in Parry at all.}

Blackholes, fumbles and nano execution lag
    Nano users still experience a lot of "blackholes", which means they start executing a nano program, see the animation run, but nothing happens. In addition, the fumble chance seems to be higher than the 3% it's said to be. On top of this, using nano programs in heavily lagged areas is extremely tricky, as a Soldier can just hit Q, and will continue to attack, while an NT must constantly hit the hotkey at the right time. What work is being
    done on the blackholes and lag issues, especially nano use during lag? And how certain is the code on the 3% fumble chance, and is it possible to have it thoroughly tested, and perhaps tweaked a bit?

3% system: will look at it. More details in the new year...

Lag - we are working on ways to improve this all the time. Believe us, the lag right now is not something we are happy with! We have some systems being worked on that might improve this.
    Last edited by Cz; Dec 19th, 2002 at 16:32:06.