Thread: NooB Doc question

NooB Doc question

I have just made an atrox doc and am noticing that there are a few nanos and such that are QL of his lvl and he is still unable to use. I am realizing this is prolly cuzza his species but wondered if someone who was more versed might be able to tell me the pluses and minuses of each species (if any) and whether the atrox was a really stupid choice in the longrun or not. I wouldn't really ask for the sake of he's gonna stay as is being ive become so attached to him already at lvl 5 and will stick with him just to see the overall outcome. Still i noticed on the forum there was a recent post of a doc at 200 and he is an atrox.... So Im thinking there has to be some pluses and minuses regardless what species I pick and wondered if someone out there would take the time to share me a link or something pointing those out. thnx ahead of time....
    so you thought i might know something? well they don't pay me enough to "know" anything

Nano QL has nothing to do with the level at which you should be casting it. The level you should be casting something has much more to do with your implants and your IP allocation to your nano skills.

For example, if the nanos you can't cast require MC or PM and you aren't raising and implanting them, then it is perfectly sensible that you can't cast them yet. This is fairly common for doctors, since at low levels we focus on raising and implanting BM, MM, and TS to be the best team-oriented heal characters we can.

Atrox generally will not be very far behind other doctors in terms of what they can cast until they reach their breed caps for intelligence and psychic. They will always have somewhat smaller nanopools, but not notably lower nano skills until title 4/5. In fact, most breed differences, regardless of what breed you are, don't appear until title 5 when your base abilities start to cap and the atrox and nanomage health/nano bonuses and penalities have had time to add up.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Glad you're enjoying your doc, spyD6. We have at least 2 level 200 atrox docs on RK2 now. So it's certainly possible. To add a bit to what Jynne said...

Make sure you max out your Intelligence every level. You'll get some trickle down into nano skills by doing that.

Also, as you get higher level, some of your nano lines will always lag. The reason for this is that nano skills use conflicting implant locations. If you decide to implant for BM, MM and T&S like most docs do, you won't have the bonuses from implants to raise MC, PM and SI. So nanos that require those skills will lag.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

thnx both of u

cool, helps alot... any other suggestions would too so dont let this thnx stop you... any1 with a link or just a knowledge of the limits available for each species would be appreciated too... Im still looking for one to reference in general and am inbetween tasks here at work glancing back and forth... as u can see havent posted much yet, really appreciate the quick response
    so you thought i might know something? well they don't pay me enough to "know" anything

Just wanted to say good luck with your doc. I started one 3 months ago (guessing here) and am loving it. I went Nanomage, which species specializes in Nanoskills, ie. doc'ing

in case you haven't found them yet, heres a couple great links for all new players, I still use them.

http://aofn.tripod.com listing of nano formulas, i printed this and keep by my computer... quick and easy way to see if its worth upgrading my heals.. Also links to nano nanny and clicksaver, use them, learn them, love them.

http://auno.org the comprehensive items database... this is the encylopedia of all that is AO. use whenever you want to reference a formula or item... Great for locating unique items you'll want to get for your character.

Good luck man... remember the motto... kill often... kill soon...

Hope "Doctordustin" Heals - main
    "Hecha" - ubah twink
    Harlan "Brdekard" Unsell - twink

If the Iron Reet is outside all day long, do you think it has rusty nuts? - stolen from Elonn
    am i the only crazy one? Guide to Teaming with Doc's

"Amusement parks in the Metaverse can be fantastic, offering a wide selection of interactive three-dimensional movies. But in the end, they're still nothing more than video games."
    --Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson

Achiever 93%
    Socializer 46%
    Explorer 33%
    Killer 26%

For breed specific limits, here's a list of attribute limits.

There really isn't a good tool for show how breed effects skills because of items and nanos that boost skills. But you can get a basic idea by using the AO skill emulator.
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Shadow Ops

Thnx again!

Except I couldn't get to the first link... maybe its cuz im at worK? or maybe its down now?... second one helps alot tho, had exactly what i was looking for, the max stats for each species!!! woohoo, I love this game, not only is the gameplay and item drop seriously friendly but so are all the posters!... beats the pants offa most games no wonder there's more players everyday!... Just wish I could have found a NW CD in the store rather than the deluxe edition which i bought... found out i have to purchase NW seperately now... oh well guess I'll wait on that one till it will be worth having too nooB for now... thnx again

I get some "page not found" for aofn.tripod.com

auno.org has a NF list, as well
    original author of Helpbot

Try aonf.tripod.com instead - great listing of nanoformula.

I have this printed out and make one check when I get the formula and another one when it gets uploaded.
    Last edited by What_the; Jan 3rd, 2003 at 21:23:34.

The link is http://aonf.tripod.com

I don't know why i mistype that every time...

Hope "Doctordustin" Heals - main
    "Hecha" - ubah twink
    Harlan "Brdekard" Unsell - twink

If the Iron Reet is outside all day long, do you think it has rusty nuts? - stolen from Elonn
    am i the only crazy one? Guide to Teaming with Doc's

"Amusement parks in the Metaverse can be fantastic, offering a wide selection of interactive three-dimensional movies. But in the end, they're still nothing more than video games."
    --Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson

Achiever 93%
    Socializer 46%
    Explorer 33%
    Killer 26%

Restarted a doc myself, made it all the way to lvl 3 now

Small question about the heal nanos, obvious you get a ton of them, but seems to me they overlap a lot, should i get all or skip certain? feels sort of useless to get the next higher ql heal and it heals about the same as the lower ql one, maybe there is some nano efficiency i miss since i only check amount healed.
    Rimor Server
    Robotgubben lvl 173/14/29 engineer

i skipped probably skipped a third of the heals if not half of them waste of cash buy some nano rechargers intead ;p
    BettyRoss (A) dont ever turn yer back on a shady motha backstab4lyfe
    Gwend (A) The original complete healing engineer
    wtts :: prof ring quests

the "i dont need punctuation" army

Yep, I was always too poor to be able to afford every nano. I think I skipped 2/3 of the single target heals. Only worry about keeping up to date when you hit title caps (your first is level 12). Another sign that I needed to upgrade was if I could cast the nano without having to run an expertise to do so.

The only nano I'd make a point of keeping up to date is the team health buff. The others can all lag a bit.
    Shadow Ops

So correct me if I'm wrong...

But I am seeing alot of mentions of peops buffing to use nano's... Is this wise? I mean I imagine it works while you're buffed but if you lack the buff you need to use the nano/item etc. what good is buff begging?... I for one never liked it in DAOC and even less in EQ... please tell me that I will be able to use/buy any buffs I would "need" were I to be taking this tactic. And then if I do take to this plan are there any nano's you could reccomend to my doctor being he has only those which come for his proffesion currently any and all I might want to invest in would be beneficial... I am understanding intelligence would be one I might want but plz if there is a simple list of them you could overall reccomend I would be very appreciative... btw Doc hit 15 last night no longer a nurse! Thank god, my atrox may not be male or female but nurse jus sounds so fem he was getting a complex heh

The only buffs I would say are must haves are the generic ones. A doc should be able to cast BioMet Expertise, MatMet Expertise and Intelligence Boost by the time he's level 6. Other expertises may also come in handy, but those are the must haves.

Buffs other than that can be considered nice to have, but certainly not necessary. That would include buffing items like Neleb's Robe (you're too young for that yet) or external buffs like masteries.
    Shadow Ops

heh... thnx

Preciate the quick response your one of the good ones Hypo' thnx. I will invest in these nano's tonight when Im finally outta this silly real-life occupation keeping me from the more fulfilling lifestyle I lead on Rubi-Ka.. heh... Guess Im a lil behind the times being freshly 15 and finding out those buffs shoulda been utilized earlier.. Hope Im not too late to experience any benefits they might yield me as far as finding upgrades to current nano's goes... I will definitely give em a shot... And as for that robe... someday.. someday...

Oh, you're definitely not too high level to find the generic expertises useful. At level 174, I'm currently using BioMet Expertise, SpaceTime Expertise, PsyMod Expertise, Intelligence Boost, and Weapon Enhancement. I also used Nano Restoration up until I got my nano regen implants at about level 160.
    Shadow Ops

Originally posted by Sweede
    Small question about the heal nanos, obvious you get a ton of them, but seems to me they overlap a lot, should i get all or skip certain? feels sort of useless to get the next higher ql heal and it heals about the same as the lower ql one, maybe there is some nano efficiency i miss since i only check amount healed.
    As hypos stated earlier, just skip some if the healing increase doesn't seem enough to warrant the cost. Its like any pet nanos, you don't need every single one.

(I realize this wasn't that helpful a post, only need 30ish more to get to my 1k title lvl )
    Daren "Talanie" Briggs

Achiever 93% | Killer 73% | Explorer 33% | Socializer 0%

Thanks Talanie,Hypos and Gwend

I guess i check them out and buy them when i see they make a big difference, so far got all but i'm only lvl 4
    Rimor Server
    Robotgubben lvl 173/14/29 engineer