Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cacodemon vs slayer/ninjabot

Thumbs down Cacodemon vs slayer/ninjabot

The ql 200 demon, is the worst pet of the 3 petclasses, a ql 200 slayer beat it no problem, it stood up to a ql 179 ninja bot, but quickly died with a ql 200 ninja bot, including heal pet on the demon, its still no chance to a slayer, but it did happen to get a slayer to 75%, and for the ninja bot with healing, the demon died as well due to belmorete not keeping up in heals like the crat and engy could. something needs to be done, since mp's are faced with so little health, begining to wish i wasnt a squishymage =\, but one things for sure, FC needs to do something about this, and noticing the differnce between engy and mp attack pet, killing a tk lackey in harrys, the attack pet (ql 143ish) would die fighting with the heal pet healing, but then a ql 136 warbot came along, and only lost 75% of its health... the engy rarely healed him... i did once think engys had it worse, but them being able to raise conceal and hide during a fight and let there slayer kill everthing works pretty well, but as for an mp, its pet cant solo same ql mobs as its self without a heal pet (even with its kinda a gamble) and not to mention having to buff the pet every 24 secs, otherwise it stands no chance at all.

Just a couple of things.

Engis don't have nukes, so their pet should haul ass compared to ours, and neither of the other two classes has any way of healing themselves.

To be honest, I'd rather be an MP than an engi any day of the week in pvm and most likely pvp too. Sure, they got some awesome pvp tools recently, but not being able to nuke or debuff or even use a crappy stun would *really* disturb me alot.

As for crats, I dunno. I haven't played a crat for the main reason that they can't heal.

I've had zero problems soloing a trash king lackey, or even the trash king himself for that matter. You're relying strictly on the pet to do this job, I assume? For us, I'm just not so sure that's viable. MPs need to get their hands dirty a little when we fight tougher mobs, as our pets aren't up to the job. I think the main thing is that you might want to work on evades and body development a bit more.

If I had it to do over again, I'm starting to think that I might still have picked nanomage for my mp, especially for pvp reasons, but that's a whole nother story
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

engies may not have nukes, but they got a nice area offense debuff, that can take a lvl 200's offense down to the negitives... and for the nukes/debuffs of an mp, they draw agro, and lots of it... and what happens when you have agro, and 2k of hp on a ql 200 mob? you die, heal pet or not, its not gonna heal you fast enough, mp's debuffs are pretty sweet, but the casting time of some of them/range takes that all away and for the TK lackeys i nuked often enough that i didnt catch agro. and having body dev/sta maxxed out at lvl 140, and stuck with only 2k of hp after odins eye, vs my lvl 97 engy with 2.5k of hp(without body dev maxxed or implanted)

When gimps attack..

I have to say, when we can't fight any other class, and we start yelling at eachother, you know theres a problem.

Clipped, I'd have to ask which trimmers and pet buffs were being used in your testing. I'd be interested to find out.

It's right and proper that the Engi bot should be the most powerful pet weapon in the game. Still, although they don't have nukes, it's counterbalanced to an extent by good weapons skills and weapons skills buffs:
    • Dark Green Pistol,
      Light blue grenade,
      Light Blue heavy weapons,
      pistol buff +120,
      Grenade buff +120,
      ranged init buff +114,
      massive MA buff in transference giving higher AR with MA than an MA...
      Damage buff +20

Add on reflect AC buffs and this array gives them extra weapons/buff damage at least balanced with MP nuke damage in PvP. Don't forget that they're getting the Kami bot too when it's fixed.. They could do with some decent grenade weapons in game and they'll be just fine.

The Heal pet is the key difference for an MP. It's very good in PvM, less useful in PvP Duels and largely ineffective in group/mass PvP. It's only in group/mass PvP that the MP really suffers badly. If you fixed pet pathing and evo duration tomorrow the MP would be right back among the top PvM players in the game and is one of - if not the best soloing PvMer.

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

Listen to X, he's right on this.

PVM, I have zero problems.

1 on 1 pvp I usually cream then in 30 seconds, unless it's a profession with an assload of hp

mass pvp, I die.

Hell, 2 out of 3 aint too bad. But yah, if they fixed pet pathing, I would probably shut the f up immediately and REALLY enjoy my MP and could wait until they beefed us up some more.
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

the engy was using two agro trimmers (ql 92, and 95) he had 1 19pt and high 20ish reflect, along with a 300 ac buff runing on bot... using the Boost Combat aray, 160ish offense buff i believe... and i was using Evocation of implacable hatred since with the anima of pure malevolence the demon wouldnt land a hit on the bot... afterwards for fun we did to half.... with his dual crit opening of 800, i was already down lower than half be4 his bot reached me high lvl engys are turly the masters cause they finally get the ip to invest in those dark blue weapon skills, but mp's r easyer to bring up due to your health ratio isnt as bad as when you get to a higher lvl... and with a ql 200 demon, i do have trouble hanging on to him in a ql 180 solo mission.... got tired of it, and went to my bro(the engy i fought) and watched him do the mission for me, his bot never once reached below 75% which is pretty kewl, but id think a ql 200 pet should be good up to a ql 200 mob... if not then make it the same ql of the mob it can take.

Well, look at it like this, Engies have a lot longer to go before they can self cast their ql200 'bot.

Ah.

That'd explain it. The Engi AMS buff also includes a DMS buff so it's defensively better too. In a fairly fully buffed battle the Engi bot would still win but not by as much as you described.

X

PvM is ok? Hmm, obviously I suck then. Was hunting medusas in EFP with fixer and doc. Doc and me aggreed to do some testing and didn't use any damage nanos (like it would matter as I could land 1 out of 5-6 MQs with 1k TS/MC).

So, pet was buffed all the time and doc outdamaged it with almost OEd X3...

Sorry, but lvl200 pet missing on lvl190ish mobs makes no sense. And don't tell me I should poke at mobs with whatever weapon I choose to wield. I'm bloody Saint. Saints don't fight
    postcount++

isis we gotta meet up out there one day ^^ i go hunting there too often and yes ive got the same problems with the demon always missing, the worst so far, is it didnt hit once at all the while fight against a ql 187 mob... that was the day i started maxxing out smg/burst

No, Engies should not have the most powerful combat pet.

Pets are for the most part, all that an MP has. Engies have the best tradeskill potential in the game and all sorts of abilities and defenses that make up for lack of a heal pet.

As far as their lack of ability to nuke, they have upcoming pet content that will be another form of damage for them akin to nuking. They have +120 Pistol buffs and now Pain of Patricias are starting to become the new cookie cutter side arm of high level players and can have 1100 attack rating with it, even without a full pistol implant setup. 4k bursts and 3k crits.

Just on the Tradeskill issue alone, you do not give superior combat pets, buffs, and weapon skill buffs to a pet class with the best tradeskills, and then give inferior combat pets to a pet class with crap for Tradeskill.

The richest players should not also be the strongest.

Don't fool yourself, fellow MP's, into a false sense of sympathy for a class that has been long gimpy, but is now quite formidable both in combat and tradeskills, and is scheduled to only become more powerful. And stop counting our heal pet and nukes against us as reasons to have inferior combat pets. You wouldn't need a heal pet either if you had AC buffs, reflect buffs that are stackable with defense auras, and a pet that snares everyone in a 9 meter radius.

At the very least, the combat pets of both classes should be equal.
    MP's should be FEARED.

i dont think we need the best pet, just something that hits.

Psi and I have to agree to disagree on the 'hardest hitting pet'. But she's certainly right that the engineers got some loving and are nowhere near as gimpy as they were. They'd probably be OK if there were a decent grenade weapon in game. The OT Brilliant just isn't.

X

Originally posted by Clipped
    Yes! In certain team missions I outdamage my pet by far, and I'm only using a ql175 x-3 (100%)!

Whenever a green "parry!" appears above the head of a mob, I can be *fairly* certain it is infact my pet (demon) not hitting .... <expletive>.

doing the ctrl+tab, ctrl+tab, ctrl+tab, ctrl+tab, ctrl+tab, ctrl+tab, ctrl+tab, ctrl+tab, ctrl+tab, ctrl+tab, ctrl+tab, ctrl+tab, ctrl+tab, ctrl+tab, ctrl+tab, ctrl+tab, ctrl+tab, ctrl+tab, ctrl+tab, ctrl+tab, ctrl+tab, ctrl+tab, ctrl+tab, 6 (shortcut for evoc) gets old.

Now that Engies aren't teh gimp anymore, and crats are getting items left and right, ffs, help us!

215/15 | Lagerlad Atrox Adventurer | eqp | Mostly indestructible
    214/13 | Xpie Atrox Meta-physicist | eqp | Supernova!
    Member of Ragnarok

Originally posted by Clipped
    LOL oh how I agree. I could care less if it has less HP, big deal we have a heal pet and some cool nanos (curse of crono's, mind quake, nanoshutdown all come to mind).

However on high level mobs it would be nice if my demon would actually hit them at least 1 out of 5 times in a lot of cases.

oh god...

I hate to troll... i hate to troll.. i hate to troll... oh god i hate it. But how do tradeskills have anything to do with wealth? Or combat capabilities for that matter? Engies dont get rich making armor or eggs... sorry, you cant charge godly rates for eggs n all that when slang'll probably do it for free :/ Sorry to rant, MPs do need a fix.

rofl Psi
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Originally posted by Psiraven
    No, Engies should not have the most powerful combat pet.

Pets are for the most part, all that an MP has. Engies have the best tradeskill potential in the game and all sorts of abilities and defenses that make up for lack of a heal pet.

As far as their lack of ability to nuke, they have upcoming pet content that will be another form of damage for them akin to nuking. They have +120 Pistol buffs and now Pain of Patricias are starting to become the new cookie cutter side arm of high level players and can have 1100 attack rating with it, even without a full pistol implant setup. 4k bursts and 3k crits.

Just on the Tradeskill issue alone, you do not give superior combat pets, buffs, and weapon skill buffs to a pet class with the best tradeskills, and then give inferior combat pets to a pet class with crap for Tradeskill.

The richest players should not also be the strongest.

Don't fool yourself, fellow MP's, into a false sense of sympathy for a class that has been long gimpy, but is now quite formidable both in combat and tradeskills, and is scheduled to only become more powerful. And stop counting our heal pet and nukes against us as reasons to have inferior combat pets. You wouldn't need a heal pet either if you had AC buffs, reflect buffs that are stackable with defense auras, and a pet that snares everyone in a 9 meter radius.

At the very least, the combat pets of both classes should be equal.
    Exactly...

I wanted to say the same thing...
    But was too lazy...
    Then when she posted it, I meant to comment...
    But again was too lazy...

Until now...

Psi did a much better job wording it than I would have...
    Thank you, Psi, for saving me time and painful effort...
    Last edited by Primordious; Jan 30th, 2003 at 08:52:19.

Originally posted by xpie post machine™

Now that Engies aren't teh gimp anymore, and crats are getting items left and right, ffs, help
    plus the engineer quote ...

whats wrong with you guys? do you remember that last year you were the golden boys of ao?

imo the problems plaguing the metaprofession can be traced to bad pathing and lack of a function because of this.

but to yell at the engieneers and bureaucrats...

to the best of my knowledge psi has a crat as well and did not chime in on them being über. having a briefcase so you can order your bank wile fighting is sure teh win. as is looking stylish in your suit, at least you leave a pretty corpse then.

maybe you have an engineer so that you can base your experience on them being über on that.

you list the pain of patricia as a boon for a class?

do you know how many players will ever get their hands on that gun?

wow, an engie with the most uber and rare no drop pistol in the gun does more damage then me - gee, nerf engineers.

you hint i think at the kamikaze bot - do you know how long this item was in the pipe? for more then a year. what makes you think it will suddenly hit the live servers and be of more use then say a grenade or a wen wen?

you list tradeskills as a source of income - by the time you have the ip to raise tradeskills to a decent level as an engineer cash is trivial anyway unless we are counting the purchase of camp items.

i repeat my question whats wrong with you that you have to attack the 2 professions in the same boat as you???

play the classes you bash first please.
    Last edited by Blackwing; Jan 30th, 2003 at 17:04:33.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast