Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please Fix Martial Artist Weapons

Please Fix Martial Artist Weapons

If we:

Zone
    Buff our MA skill
    Get our MA skill debuffed

THEY STOP WORKING! *please* fix this! it's stopping a lot of us using the new MA weapons, and some of us *really* want to.

thanks.

Yes, please fix this!

It gets very annoying to have to relog every time I forget to unequip my Zenith Taichi and buff my skills.

I see same problems:
    1. Zone with weapon equiped = No hand damage
    2. Buff with weapon equiped = no hand damage
    3. Get skills debuffed with weapon equiped = no hand damge

All of the above require you to zone or relog after unequiping weapon to fix. It also gives you heartburn if you unequip a weapon during a fight to use a special. I usually lose 30-45 seconds of hand damage after unequiping my sword but this gets fixed if I stop and start the fight.

Please fix this soon!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

what exactly are the new MA weapons... im level 50, would i be able to use them? are they meant for higher levels or lower levels, and where would i find them?

they are weapons that use martial artist skill as well as another skill (such as 1he)

they can only be found in missions or as loot.

and they range from QL1 to QL200.

They can sometimes be found in stores too.
    Half-moon and hand blade appear in stores starting around ql40.

half moon etc arent part of the MA weapon range. the MA weapon range has MA as it's primary requirement.

yeah, it makes no sense that Katanas and ninja swords arent MA weapons, but thats just the way it is...

btw, I've tried every line of communication possible to FC over this, and just get a wall of silence, its so frustrating. all I want is a rough ETA, swapping weaps all the time is so annoying I wanna know if I should persever for a fix "soon" or make a new character.

but nope, cant get answers

Unhappy

That wall hits more or less anyone trying to comunicate with them. I´m unfortunatly forced to admit that the talk about Funcom trying to increase the comunication with us customers was just a hype.

yeah, last time I tried to talk to an ARK so that it could be better understood that the agro mobs in the 1st room of missions were compounding the problem I got sent a message about the general dual wield bug that appeared in 12.9 (the off hand sometimes de-equipping) and in the message it said that replies to his tell would not reach him.

great, huh?

Talking well...

It seems the first 2 are working after 13.0 patch, i still continue hitting with both fists and weapons after a debuff/rebuff with weapons wielded.

I havnt tried zoning thou, anyone else?

/DaveDread
    lvl68 opi Clanner MA

13.0 or 13.2?

13.0 = not working same problems posted above
    13.2 = ?

Which patch do you refer to Dave?
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Does anyone know FC's official stance on MA's punching with Katanas, Sledges, etc? (ie, NON MA weapons)

I love the idea of a Katana slashing MA, but there's some bugs concerning punch damage and the in-hand weapon skill, and on top of that I also have a feeling they intend on sealing off punching with non-MA weapons...

This post is in need of Funcom attention and answers to a few of the issues here... /petition

You might want to bump the following thread:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/s...=&threadid=1244

it discusses the MA weapon issues in the 'gameplay bugs' section. I guess the chances of having FC posting an answer is not so high anyway (we dont see many on the forum those days), but maybe a bit higher than in this MA forum??

An answer of sorts was posted by Gaute in a dev talk on IRC, in as much as he was told of the bug, and said it'd be fixed sometime in 13.2/13.4 range of patches. Will it be? Who knows?

At least they did fix the bug where buff/debuffing would kill your fist attack whether or not you were using a weapon, finally.

more confused

i've been doing fine up to lvl50 just throwing punches, but it seems now i have difficulty with 50% mission, so.... i got this nifty MA weapon QL38 with

MA skill 170
    peircing 120
    10ish-30(38)

I dont want to spend the very, very presious IP upping my blue piercing skilll unless i understand this thread completely, and what effects wielding this wepon will have. (it's not the best weapon but i got start somewhere)

first, am i going to be able to brawl, dimach, and BwT with this weapon armed?

second, does using this weapon lockout my normal melee attack.

If they have not changed anything since I tried out my MA weapon last it should be no, no, no and no.

Re: more confused

Originally posted by wakwak
    first, am i going to be able to brawl, dimach, and BwT with this weapon armed?

second, does using this weapon lockout my normal melee attack.
    Brawl = Yes

Dimach = Yes (I think)

BwT = Nope - no MA special attacks work with a weapon in your hand, and it says so in the description of the attack.

normal melee attack = maybe, sort of, could be - see the previous postings about buffing/de-buffing stopping the use of fists when weapons are equipped.

if it has brawl and dimach as required skills, you can do them

if they're not listed you cant.

eg. Katana - yes yes
    MTI sword yes no

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast