Thread: QB possible???

QB possible???

is it possible for a solitus doctor to equip QB?

yes.

if you want a qb to look cool, fine.

if you want to use it as a serious fighting weapon, then you need to consider the downsides. these weapons require more melee init than you will be able to muster to function at their peak. enfs that use them to their fullest do so at the great expense of pretty much relenquishing defense to the init gods.

Also you suffer from the global disadvantage from using melee weapons - roots.
    GalxandJoan "Toxinator" Rox :: 202 Doc
    He "Tearspoint" Totem :: 215 Nano Tech :: Equipment :: Perks
    General :: Band of Brothers :: Band of Brothers Forums

Account Created
    2001-08-23 04:59:27

Account Status:
    Open

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showthread.php?threadid=50286&highlight=melee+doct or

Base on this info the 2h Edged Melee only goes up to 598 if you add the 207 from QL200 implants, 20 from expertise and 132 wrangle = 957 but QB Requirement are 1023 2h edged, so am i missing anything?

special items

and weapons stepping with weapons that give buffs to 2he ( though i expect this one to go away some day ).

Wow, nice... I didn't believe this myself, till I ran the numbers:

A ql Jobe-Made Bladestaff adds 50... granted, you need 1003 2HE skill to hold that puppy. But 1003 is a tad more attainable than 1023.

Sooo... you could try & find:
    - a lower ql bladestaff; ql 185 adds 35 2HE
    - Ljotur Graspers (gloves), adds 12 2HE
    - (or) Gentle Hands, adds 4 2HE
    - Right Sleeve o the Pest, adds 9 2HE

So far, we're up to 1005 with the crappy gloves (1013 with the uber ones).

Equip your JMB, then we have 1020 (or 1028).

So we're 3 points off wearing the Gentle Hands... nothing that our IC shouldn't fix Heeh, you don't even need a guardian conductor of learning to do this. But it might save you some time if you don't feel like getting your friends eaten by the Pest, trying to get that sleeve.
    Lucas "Madhava" Graves || Gear
    Level 203 Chief of Staff Surgery
    Advisor of Synergy Factor

Chakra "Accessory" Red || Gear

It is very possible to equip the QB on a doctor, good friend Cublaidoc on Rimor wears a QB. He is an Opifex Doctor lvl192 right now.

But Thyrra is correct, you will never properly use a QB on a doctor because of the Init factor. Enfs have a 5 per lvl melee init, we have either 3 or 4 per lvl, havnt checked in a while. They also have prodigous strength which adds a bit over 100 Melee Init I believe, we can get that from an Enf, but I am talking from a self sustaining point of view. Then they have their rage lines to add init and also can make use of a much higher Flurry of Blows then us.

That is just the Init, there is also a question of skill, we may be able to get enough to equip it, but we don't have the skill to do as strong hits with it, we can barely scratch the 2he to put it on, enfs with all their own buffs can put it on by themselves I believe. With a weapon that hits so slow it is important every hit is a good hit.

I can tell you this also, Cublaidoc at lvl192 wearing his QB and my doc was at lvl151 wearing a single Kick Pistol. I had AODD running during a few missions we did, I outdamaged him by a considerable amount even though he had 41 lvls on me.

Also remember that specials on weapons make a big difference in both PvM and PvP damage, the only real special the QB has (I am not counting dimach) is Brawl, which does not do damage based on the weapon but based solely off its own skill. So you would only have the regular hits of the QB, not any additional specials such as Fast Attack or Sneak Attack.

Yes the chemical damage is nice, yes the +320 HP is nice, yes the look is great (I wanted one of these on my opi doc the first patch the QB was out) but I do not see the QB as a functional weapon for a doctor, we just are not able to raise the skills enough to make use of its potential.
    RK2 Clan
    ManiacMD 210 Trox Doctor
    ManiacZX 174 Opi Doctor
    Yberninja 56 Sol Martial Artist
    Saroka 54 Sol Adventurer

Yes, QB on a doctor is possible - I did it today on my level 161 solitus doctor (named Doctorkain). Melee init is an issue in a sense, but there are a few solutions - firstly, crank in melee init boosting items, raise fast attack to use a flurry of blows, and utilize your cheap first aid skill to use Health Stims (+150 melee init at ql200) - probably the biggest boost you could obtain by yourself would come from a Guardian Conductor of Speed, assuming you're in a guild. Note those towers take Psychology to build, which isn't very cheap for doctors.

If anyone's wondering, the abovementioned Doctorkain used RSleeve of Pest, ql200 implants, Micro-Kinetic Sleeves, Gentle Hands, Essence of Behemoth, Prodigous Strength, Gen Str/Stam, Dirty Fighter, General 2HE and Brawl buffs, and a 132 wrangle to equip his QB. No towers were involved. Can't wait to see what this will play like when he has ql220 implants, 2HE, Melee Init, and Attack Rating towers upstanding.

have fun with the qb nerf next patch gonna make you guys even gimper than you are now ;p
    BettyRoss (A) dont ever turn yer back on a shady motha backstab4lyfe
    Gwend (A) The original complete healing engineer
    wtts :: prof ring quests

the "i dont need punctuation" army

Originally posted by gwend
    have fun with the qb nerf next patch gonna make you guys even gimper than you are now ;p
    Thought I read the forums like one a week now at most, so I'm quite possibly mis-informed, I heard the QB nerf was only gonna be a hard cap to its speed stopping a raging, FOB'ing Enf getting it to 1/1...how would this affect a doc which is never gonna get near 1/1 anyhow?

If it is a damage nerf expect me to never log in again...I already have one substandard 175+ character which is enough for any account I don't really want 2 :-/

Still when all is said and done this weapon is not a good choice for a doc

I hope they dont nerf the QB to hurt other proffesions, like Advents, Doctors and the NTs (havent seen any other proffs using one) by increasing the speed on it.

They have to make it so it isnt possible to get the insance speeds we enforcers can, keeping it so they dont have to IPR into something else. I too am hoping they add a cap to how fast it can be 'swung' at.

I wonder how the QB performs for you guys in PvM?

I already know that melee doctors aren't very good at tower wars... I bet it is very nice for duels, though.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.