Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Name Rubi-Ka's Suns Contest

Yellow Sun: Sular (because the sun bring solar heat so it's sun and solar combined)

Blue Sun: Poseidon (because it's blue and poesidon was sun of a blue sea)
    Characters on Atlantean
    Main Character: Ardoyt Former Rubi-Ka Citizen and Former Omni-Admin Employee
    Characters on Rimor
    Deleted
    Anarchy Online Related Stuff
    Former AO Stratics News and "The Community Says" Reporter
    The Death of Ardoyt

Ok lets stay classical, lets dig up the grec divinities.

yellow sun : Démeter, divinity of the cultivated nature
    blue sun : Artémis, divinity of the wild nature

Both female godesses. As for the ancient cultures (celtic by example), where the sun had a female gender.
    Emilia Enrima Orender, fixer of First Light
    "Whole idea on fixer is being fast, hard to hit. hard to catch and sleazy person in every way. If rooting gives you edge, do it. If u need to chain root, do it. In pvp u use every tool given to you. You are not a knight in shining armor, you are a gangster and thief. You sure dont have to play fair." Snowlion

Hm...Uberus Major and Yxxilus Minor.

Er, no....Pwnz and j00

yeah...

(very good ideas in this thread so far, I like this)
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

I protest any usage of yxxil in the naming of anything. Yxxil is a punk. I'm the REAL evil deity.

/flip Yxxil
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Red face My humble entries

To pay homage to Earth I used one of the oldest Earth languages to name our suns—Latin.

For the yellow sun

animus
    For its energetic color, I chose "animus." It means courage, vivacity, bravery, will, spirit, soul. Regardless of factions or guilds, these elements can be found and should be cherished and praised. This word has also evolved into the English language and can be used to mean a feeling of ill will or animosity. This is an excellent contrast for our planet's struggle. Amidst all bravery and courage, we have plenty of animosity. Even if one day our struggle ends, we will still have our sun to remind us of the Notum War.

For the blue sun

amicus
    For its serene and peaceful color, I chose "amicus." It is a Latin word that means friend, comrade or harmony between parties. With all the struggle happening on our planet (signified by Animus), what really matters? Your friends and comrade. The true ones will be there for you when you need them. When you are away from them, you can gaze into Amicus and not feel alone.
    Joseph "Votary" Zodiac - RK1 Clan Atrox MP
    I can summon pies (now mochams infused!)

"Holy Mocham!" - Votary

Has no one ever heard that Rubi-Ka actually is named after it's twin suns?

Ruby and Quartz
    Sulliken - Clan Engineer

/ooc LOL J/k or maybe hmm..

Blue Moon- Mockers, Yellow Moon- Omni-Pol
    Or how Bout

Blue Moon- Clanner, Yellow Moon- Omni

Insomnia vs Unemployed

Ahroun vs Philodox

Blood Moon up no red? wheres my crayons.

./me finds the Red crayon under the carbonum Muffin.

WOOT!!
    #Hiredrunner- The Mockers

Even in the shadows I will find the Grid City.

**AO-Ball and More**
    http://groups.msn.com/AnarchyBall/_whatsnew.msnw

#Gridsamurai- First Light

**First Light**
    http://firstlight.inevitablethursday.net/index.php

My Idea...

Idea number 1

Yellow Sun: Daedelus
    Blue Sun: Icarus

This father-son team is from an ancient Greek story involving the the labyrinth of the Minotaur, Daedelus designed the labyrinth I think. Anyway, to escape the island of Crete, Daedelus and his son Icarus flew through the sky on wings made of wax and feathers that Daedelus designed. (Icarus was a fool and flew to close to the sun, his wax wings melted and he fell into the ocean to his death. Not that that has anything to do with anything, really)

Idea number 2

Yellow Sun: Rubi
    Blue Sun: Ka

Wouldn't it make sense that the planet between the suns Rubi and Ka would be named "Rubi-Ka?"

Idea number 1

Yellow Sun: Daedelus
    Blue Sun: Icarus

This father-son team is from an ancient Greek story involving the the labyrinth of the Minotaur, Daedelus designed the labyrinth I think. Anyway, to escape the island of Crete, Daedelus and his son Icarus flew through the sky on wings made of wax and feathers that Daedelus designed. (Icarus was a fool and flew to close to the sun, his wax wings melted and he fell into the ocean to his death. Not that that has anything to do with anything, really)

Idea number 2

Yellow Sun: Rubi
    Blue Sun: Ka

Wouldn't it make sense that the planet between the suns Rubi and Ka would be named "Rubi-Ka?"

Sorry about that double posting...it was an accident.

Originally posted by Sulliken
    Has no one ever heard that Rubi-Ka actually is named after it's twin suns?

Ruby and Quartz
    Nope, possibly because Rubi-Ka stands for Red and Dry. Of course gven the amount of rain we get in Rome, the 'dry' bit seems like a sick joke.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Originally posted by Savoy

Nope, possibly because Rubi-Ka stands for Red and Dry. Of course gven the amount of rain we get in Rome, the 'dry' bit seems like a sick joke.
    Come up north. There's more dry than you shake a bucket of water at! Because all the water would be immediately soaked up in the sand....

Yellow Sun: Mir ((Russian word, meaning "Peace"

Blue Sun: Blitzkrieg ((German word, meaning "war conducted with great speed and force"))

Talking suns

i dont care what order, or which color, i just made these names up for fun. allyannah and zanadees.dont ask me where i came up with them.hehe.i have these crazy out of the blue thoughts every now and then.

Originally posted by Uwen

Come up north. There's more dry than you shake a bucket of water at! Because all the water would be immediately soaked up in the sand....
    Erm, no thanks. You can keep the North. I am sure it's very, erm, beautiful in own dry and barren sort of way.

Savoy tap dances in Rome, Highrise 3. "I'm si-i-i-nging in the rain... just si-i-i-ing in the rain.."
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Yellow Sun = Citrine
    Blue Sun = Lapis

Citrine - is a yellow stone associated with "the sun". This stone has properties relating to personal power, creativity, and intelligent decisiveness. This is the energy that enhances the physical body and stimulates menal focus and endurance. If we were to "seek" the energies of this "sun of Rubi-Ka", these would be the properties that would best relate to most characters.

Lapis - is a blue stone said to have existed before "time was born", assisting one in gaining admission to the domain of the unknown mysteries of sacred texts and enhancing wisdom to understand the information. It further allows one to gain access to and explore the esoteric planetary knowledge. If we were to "seek" the energies of this "sun of Rubi-Ka", the properties would be the power that we would thrive on, as we seek to learn all there is to know about our beloved planet.
    Gaiawyn "Autumnblaze" WolfMoon
    Circle G - Events Coordinator
    Atlantean/RK1

Originally posted by Savoy

Erm, no thanks. You can keep the North. I am sure it's very, erm, beautiful in own dry and barren sort of way.

Savoy tap dances in Rome, Highrise 3. "I'm si-i-i-nging in the rain... just si-i-i-ing in the rain.."
    That was kind of my point...

In the mythological variations of Egypt, the god Ra-Atum was the aspect of creative force, symbolically represented by the sun. This name comes from the combination of two aspects of this creative force (each power or divinity carried five names which were eventually shortened or combined as the various tribes merged to create a greater kingdom)

Ra-Atum had two children (Shu and Tefnut) that had been seperated from him. He sent his eye (symbolically, his light... or the sun) to find them. While this eye was seeking the children, he replaced it with another. When the original eye returned, successful, with the children Ra-Atum wept tears of joy. These tears created humankind.

The eye was jealous for having been replaced and to placate it, Ra-Atum placed it in his forehead, from which it could rule the world. Historically, the second eye was considered to represent the the moon.

As the world of Rubi-Ka is remaniscent of the ancient lands of Egypt (harsh, hot, desert), it seems appropriate to tie in the mythology of that land (and we already have a pyramid).

There are also some interesting possibilities that tie in this story with the origin of humanity as is currently being revealed as we approach Shadowlands.

Finally, though we generally consider the traditional translation of "Rubi-Ka" as a description of the world: red and dry; the term ka is a very significant term in from the Egyptian myths as well. The ka is the spiritual counterpart or soul that had to be linked to the King's physical body before he could rule. Once linked with his ka, he was no longer considered mortal, but divine.

For these reasons, I suggest the following:
    The yellow sun: Ra
    The blue sun : Atum

Fistofpaper and Raveleet

hehe

I am terrible at naming things =p

seriously however, my entries would need to be:

Damon and Pythias (since we're going greek here, the two friends inseperable even under threat of execution)
    Last edited by Fistofpaper; Mar 18th, 2003 at 01:12:17.
    Lisa "Fistofpaper" Bliss
    200 Killpet Legend, RK1

Natasha "Nursedaou" Evile
    Chief of Stuffed Sturgeons and Healer of Hajk, RK1

Jynne - ... it doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty. Just drink the ****in' water. =p
    Dovve - If you are a poet, when you read the words on this paper, you will see a cloud

Names

Yellow : Vitae
    Blue : Mortis

Life and Death, a very real cycle of Rubi-Ka, but one that never ends because of the resurrective capabilities of the planet itself...

The suns rise and fall as we rise and fall.
    The Union - Neutral Org.
    ... Wardencraft ... - Neutral Atrox Keeper
    ... Gizmocraft ... - Neutral Nanomage Engineer
    ... Clobbercraft ... - Neutral Atrox Martial Artist

The Company - Omni Org.
    ... Boomcraft ... - Neutral Solitus Trader
    ... Blitzcraft ... - Omni Opifex Fixer
    ... Ragecraft ... - Omni Atrox Enforcer
    ... Traumacraft ... - Omni Solitus Doctor
    ... Voodoocraft ... - Omni Nanomage Nanotechnician

More videos coming soon on YouTube: BlockAndLode

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast