Thread: Chat Window Enhancements

Chat Window Enhancements

1. Customizable chat colors.
    2. Customizable chat font size.
    3. Resizable chat window.
    4. Customizable background color and opacity of chat window.

Allow the user to set up their color preferences, based on what they consider to be priority chat types. If they want to have their team chat the same color as /tell, so be it. If they want the shopping channel to be bright purple, so be it. Background color/opacity would make the problem of shifting from a bright environment to a dark one (and the corresponding problem in reading light or dark text) a user problem, and allow Funcom to concentrate on important bugs like, oh, I don't know -- the Mission system?

Chat types that would be handy to be able to customize the colors? Wel, see Everquest. They have a pretty good handle on it.

I would love to be able to drop the font size down a bit, fit more lines of text in, and shrink the window down. Battle spam is nice to see, but trying to read other text interspersed can be a pain.

Considering that AO already allows customizable 'skins', I would think that this customization would be a logical (and very nice) progression to take.

I second that motion.
    "By the way, if anyone here is in marketing or advertising: kill yourself." --Bill Hicks
    "Have we turned into gerbils? People are paying money to walk up invisible steps over and over again." --Dennis Leary

i would like to see the battle spam Set on a different window, then the chat window.
    this really is just common sense.
    ------------------------------------------
    "I do Not believe in these spooky actions at a distance"
    Albert Einstein

I would have to agree with Anistropic here. Ever been in a group with 4 NT's all using AoE's? You can imagine the battle spam on a big pull.. I know there is a function in the options to change the battle spam for all types of damage that others do except nano. If you want to see the Nano damage you do, you'll have to see what anyone else does with nano.
    It would be nice to have a separate chat and battle.

Originally posted by Anisotropic
    i would like to see the battle spam Set on a different window, then the chat window.
    this really is just common sense.
    Dark Age of Camelot has this. Damn is that a great feature.