Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: EVENT: Rubikan Olympics - coming soon to a planet near you!

EVENT: Rubikan Olympics - coming soon to a planet near you!

((OOC/ Greetings, let me just point out first that final dates and times have yet to be finalised, but we are hoping for 2 –3 weeks time for this. The timing for events will be spread so people from all corners of the world will have a chance to partake in something (if they wish), and we hope that as many as possible will be up for a laugh and take part.))

Welcome to the Rubikan Olympics!
    Its that time again to put on the running shorts and dust off your Leet mallet and come out to the Olympics. The events as always are designed for all people, no matter of faction standing.

Day 1 (Monday):
    Opening Parade
    The Borealis Speedway (only 18-months after the first, but yes a sequel)

Day 2 (Tuesday):
    100m Fixers Dash
    Yalmaha Tunnel Racing - down the passages of Dead Maze.

Day 3 (Wednesday):
    Archery
    Speed Cross-country Boating boat racing from the Bronto Burger stand in Holes in Wall to Borealis and on via the Whompa through Newlands and first one into the Lake wins.

Day 4 (Thursday):
    Rubikan Pitch and Putt Golf Masters – played in the usual Rubikan fashion of mallets and Leets…find out just how far you can propel that Leet with your mallet, and hopefully in the hole! Also involves best golfing attire award.
    ‘trox Masterminds contest to be held at Baboons nightclub, in Omni-Entertainment.

Day 5 (Friday):
    Clay MP Shooting – How many MPs can you shoot down in 30secs?
    Marathon

Day 6 (Saturday):
    Football ((or those of the American disposition, soccer)) to be played on the recently built PW football stadium (formally part of the RK World Cup).
    Swimming

Day 7 (Sunday):
    Relay Race
    Closing Ceremony + alcohol at the Reets Retreat (Last Ditch)
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Speedway

Speedway
    This is a race around the streets of Borealis starting by the South insurance terminal and doing a lap of the town. Marshells will be placed as the last time to help point out the course and make sure no corners are cut. All racers will be in REET (not parrot) form and be raced in different levels...under 15s, 15-50, 50-100, over 100s.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

100m Fixer Dash

Quiet simply, a 100m sprint for fixers. Not too complex, and no doubt not a long event. Will be splint into races for the under 15s, under 50s, under 100s, under 150s and the others
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Yalmaha Tunnel Racing

Racing down the natural tunnels of the Dead Maze in Broken Shores. This is an open event for anyone. Marshells will make sure racers dont fly out of the tunnels and remain in the tunnels until the finish line. Depending on number of racers there may be multiple races leading to a race off between winners of earlier heats at the end.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Archery

Open for all the archers out there. To be held in Borealis backyard 5. Contestents will have a 30sec period to kill as many targets as possible to be proclaimed the Robin Hood of Rubika.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Speed Cross-Country Boating

Open to all levels and professions....no buffs please. A Carrier card boat race from the Bronto Burger stand in Holes in Wall to Borealis and on via the Whompa through Newlands. This was test raced a couple of weeks back to some histerics...its already been shown that racers will need to use the road to reach the town as climbing the hill is out of the question.
    First person into the lake wins!
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Rubikan Pitch and Putt Golf Masters

Played in the usual Rubikan fashion of mallets and Leets…
    Everyone, of any level or profession is equiped with a sledgehammer and teamed with a leet. The mission if they choose to accept it to propel the leet, using the forementioned hammer as far as possible into the hole.

Awards for "best" dressed in golfing attair will also be given at this event

((OOC/ more a RP event))

Hole 1:
    Tee is at the Tir Pavillion with the hole at the grid terminal.

Hole 2:
    Tee is the bridge between the two sides of Rome, and the target/hole is the centre island pillar - a bit of a water hole.

Hole 3:
    Tee off from the Broken Shores grid exit and hole is into the Pryamid.

Hole 4:
    Tee off from Newlands grid exit and hole is a small outpost area.

Hole 5:
    Tee off from outdoors reclaim terminal and hole is a mission hole (co-ords given at event).

Hole 6:
    Tee off from a mission hole and hole is the Newlands grid terminal.

Hole 7:
    Tee is at the Borealis grid terminal with the hole at the Subway.

Hole 8:
    Roof of Borealis subway into the Last Ditch Whompa.

Hole 9:
    Last Ditch Whompa into Reets Retreat.

((probably my personal favourate event hehe))
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

'trox Masterminds contest

Held at Baboons in Omni-Entertainment.
    Not exactly a sporting challenge, but still...its gonna be a challenge for all those 'trox's out there. Ever wondered if they can count how many toes they have? well then tonight we will find out!
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Clay MP shooting

((An event designed for the PvPers)).
    We will have (we hope) multiple MPs flying around the battle area and the hunter will have to location, and shoot as many down in the 30secs time period as possible. Those MPs are fair sneaky lil critters though, and can just fly away if startled :P
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Marathon

Long distance run from Newlands, through Varmint Woods, Aegean, Stret West Bank, Last Ditch, Holes in Wall, Borealis and back to Newlands....check points will be placed in each area and co-ords to the next check point will be given when each racer reaches it
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Football (soccer)

Played on a pitch in Perpetual Wastes between an area with two sets of cactii set up as goal posts. 5 a side rules. The ball will be a provided leet. Players will charge into the ball and boot it (or not) to either other players (they shout who too when they run into the leet or shout shoot to take a shot at goal). If enough teams come, we might be able to get some playoffs going
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Swimming

Swimming race around Newlands Lake...quiet a simple course with carrier crafts provided as marshels and marker bouys.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Relay Race

Similar course to that of the marathon, except in each checkpoint a player of the team will be placed. 5 in each team. Race starts with a player under lvl 15 doing the first stage before handing over to someone 15-50, who then tags to someone 50-100, who then tags to someone else over 100 for the final run to the finish.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

((Omg, this sounds awesome.

Where do we sign up?))
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

((OOC)) What about clanners in newland? its a big no-no, as i discovered when i lagged in fix grid and gridded into NLC and was dead before my screen cleared =/

((IC)) Where do i sign for teh lag race, i mean boat race =P
    Last edited by Dynizmo; Apr 10th, 2003 at 23:54:12.

question =D

how can the rubi kan olympics come to a planet NEAR us?
    hehe aren't we on rubi-ka? =P

Wow, this has got to be one of the more ambitious and original set of events I've seen. Best of luck. Timezones permitting I'm sure to be there cheering or maybe in my best golf attire!
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Originally posted by Dynizmo
    ((OOC)) What about clanners in newland? its a big no-no, as i discovered when i lagged in fix grid and gridded into NLC and was dead before my screen cleared =/
    Thanks for reminding me, that bit musta slipped by when I was planning this (was trying to make sure no one would shoot at anyone (unless they are supposed too))....

Altered course due to interferance from thuggery for the boat race now follows:

Starting at the Bronto Burger stand in Holes in the wall (still).
    Through the valley.
    Up the hill into Borealis.
    Through Borealis main street.
    And finishing in the small pond/lake Behind borealis.

Times will be posted here shortly (on Sunday when most the marshells/referees and myself have got together) and we will publish a updated list of times of day so everyone, everywhere can and will get a chance to take part in atleast something

As for signing up, please just come along to the races. We'll be advertising the events before each one on all the OCC chats in all the areas so if you forget the events, we hope you will get some forewarning
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

i think he meant dimension and not planet......
    Free Souls
    --------------------------
    Rubi-Ka for the neutrals! And xp for tradeskills!
    Rimor Roleplay Channel (/tell Nrpb !join)
    -------------------------
    OUT OF BUSINESS!
    Mummu's Sound Bag v1.19; A custom Voice Pack for Notum Wars now working with 15.7 html chat system!

Hmmm good point there, this was all planned for RK1. You have just thrown in a point though that it would be a very good idea if some events where also moved to RK2. I'll have to get back to you though, but we will manage something on RK2 to run side by side. Probably the races and the golf for sure, not too sure I can find enough MPs on RK2 though for the shooting....will let you know after the meeting on Sunday.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast