Thread: 3D mazes

Thumbs up 3D mazes

Have you ever noticed that there are very few areas where true hight exists, where you can run over an area where you have already run over? these are in Newland trade shops, there is an upstairs, and in staying alive there is a bridge where you can watch two girls stare at each other. another is if you fall off a bridge into the water, and then swim under where you fell off.

The problem is that most of us have played various 1st and 3rd person shooters, and are used to aiming up and down, gettinglost in multiple level dungeons, sniping from safe locations, enjoying gravity's affects on grenades, climbing walls and stares, firing at truely flying creatures, and crawling past guards through sewers.

I wonder how much it would cost to license the quake1 engine now. I would gladly pay more to improve combat.

Have you ever noticed?

That on really old threads your sig does not show up?

Is this because you made the note, you didn't have sigs turned on and now you do?

Does that mean if you disable sig, that particular post will never have a sig?

hmm.

Ani.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

The engine does support 3D, but I can't understand why it is so rarely used either. Smugglers multi-level design is really cool, it's just too bad it's an overpopulated boring campfest. This game seriously needs randomly generated true 3D mission. The current mission design is just so Wolfenstien 3D. Help!!!!! I've been Beacon Warped to 1992!!!
    Thromp Uber Soldat (hehe ok uber for 80 seconds )
    Threefitty UberSquishy NanoTech

Wolfienstien 3D was so much funner though.
    ~Chris

Re: 3D mazes

Originally posted by Animosity
    I wonder how much it would cost to license the quake1 engine now. I would gladly pay more to improve combat.

Some one correct me if im wrong, but i think they os'd the quake 1 engine. there are various others ones out there, the Torque Engine is avalible at 100$ Us per developer. Torque is the engine used in tribes 2.

therese also the Auran Jet Engine, Auran works with intel, nivida and a couple of the major mfgs to so that they have at least some compatibility worked out first.

http://www.garagegames.com
    http://www.auran.com
    ~I am the Virtual Virus