Thread: Overflow inventory???

Overflow inventory???

I am in the newbie area of Jobe and I 'guess' you can't sell anything until level 5?

I (Gymi - female Opifex - Shade) is level 4 and inventory was full after the last mission. So when "Drake" gave me my reward there was no room in the main inventory. I emptied (deleted) some room and now I can't get back to the overflow area to get that stuff!

How can you open that section of the inventory - there is a nano there and I can't "wear" anything new with overflow 'open'.

Any help would be wonderful - I did /petition and I was 79th on the list and I had to log to fix/eat dinner.

I had some new armor (? for shade) given to me and can't use it as I can't access the 'wear' option.

Thank you for any and all replies and ideas!
    Huggies - Pam

Skyra - MP - Omni
    Gymi - Female Opifex - Shade - Jobe(SL)
    Doba, Miza and Esma in Borealis - Neutral
    Nyza in Rome Blue - Omni
    Koza is Clan

I live in my own little world - I like it there - everyone knows me.

There's a woman next to the elevator in the training area, who you can sell your excess stuff to. (Just click the shopping-cart icon in the dialog window, when you talk to her.)

Cheers!

I have tried that and it does not work - until level 5. The 'shopping cart' does not light up so you can click it and access the inventory she has.

And I Really Need a way to get into the overflow! There has to be a way - right??
    Huggies - Pam

Skyra - MP - Omni
    Nyza in Rome Blue - Omni
    Koza is Clan

Drop some of your stuff on the ground besides you, use the nano, and pick your stuff up again....

Anyways: Just delete the stuff thats crap anyway (like rubies!).

But yeah... they should definitely make the shopping cart work before level 5....

Thanks Winniepooh - I did delete some of the inventory - and the overflow section is Not showing up now.

I can Not figure out how to access it????
    Huggies - Pam

Skyra - MP - Omni
    Nyza in Rome Blue - Omni
    Koza is Clan

Originally posted by mappam
    Thanks Winniepooh - I did delete some of the inventory - and the overflow section is Not showing up now.

I can Not figure out how to access it????
    AFAIR, the overflow window doesn't survive for a very long time. (Can't remember the specifics.) If you can't see the window on your screen, the items in the overflow window are lost!!!

What I usually do, when I get an overflow, is to drop stuff out on the ground (making sure that no tricksters are around!), and then empty the overflow window as soon as possible.

Sorry about your missing nano....

(I'd recommend you get a backpack from one of the shops. It's always handy!)

Ohhh Winnie - that is so sad!

I have never had this happen before and so will sure know what to do next time!

It isn't the nano I miss as much as the fact that my 'game' still thinks there is an overflow - so I can't wear my new armor!

I logged for dinner and I have my fingers crossed that when I get back ingame the 'overflow message' is Gone! Maybe it 'reset' while I ate {:-)

Thanks you again for all your help!
    Huggies - Pam

Skyra - MP - Omni
    Nyza in Rome Blue - Omni
    Koza is Clan

or if you could find it, get to a banking terminal so you could put stuff in there when your inv gets full or close to full
    and then sell the stuff in the bank when you get to level 5 and an empty inv
    Remember Kids watch out for TheDeacon for he = Major foot fetish

The problem is that you can't get out of the Training Area until level 5, and there are no banking terminals in the training area.

But I believe you can access the JAME vendor by pressing "E" on her instead of initiating conversation. This is a shortcut to open trade instead of doing the "default action" on an NPC, and is known to be a bug with some vendors - they ONLY respond to E instead of a right-click.
    Stabdude Opifex Shade, Atlantean (and my new MAIN!) - native of the Shadowlands
    Slapster - Retired
    Retriever - Retired

This is it

You can reopen overflow after you have closed it. As mp i fill up my inv and cast a creation-weapon... overflow opens again with the stuff in it. First time i needed some time to figure that out so overflow survives some minutes.
    Not sure what other chars can do, especially when you're lvl 5.

You can make some tradeskill thing with full inventory.. eg. combine a cluster with a implant or some of thoose tradeskill weapons that drop in the backyard. That will reopen the overflow window. The overflow survive as long as you don't zone or log out / crash / go LD
    Gyro "Pettersmart" Gearloose .:. badger "badger" badger
    Closseau.:.Elvira.:.SirBoris.:.raba1der.:.Baldcrat
    All proud members of Elements of Destruction
    Shepherds we shall be
    For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand
    So feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    We will flow a river forth to Thee
    And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti

These are all very important things to know!

I had no clue and so have "lost" the nano that was given as a reward for a mission. Because you can't re-do a mission I can Not get another one.

I was able to "wear" again after I logged back in and my bracer was in my inventory.

This is all very Helpful for anyone that has not encountered this Overflow before!!

I will definately try the "E" command as nothing else worked and I deleted some 'stuff' that would have brought in some very very needed money!

Thank you ALL for providing all the helpful tips/hints/knowledge!!!
    Huggies - Pam

Skyra - MP - Omni
    Nyza in Rome Blue - Omni
    Koza is Clan