Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What in the blue hell.... *possible spoiler*

Angry What in the blue hell.... *possible spoiler*

OK, I am fine with having to search around and fill my inventory with these symbols... that doesn't bother me.

I am doing the Jobe armor quests and I collected my stuff for it and here they are telling me, when I hand in the items they ALSO want 1M-2M PER PIECE!

Ok, I understand they need to make some money and that a big minority of the player base is sitting on a wallet the size of Rome Blue but there are quite a few new people to the game and some of us that aren't that new that just don't have that kind of cash. Come on, have a talk with the devs and whom ever else, let's get these prices a little more reasonable... you already have to find the components, 1M-2M is pretty freaking steep for these items still.
    Active
    Completely "Ritualblood" Harmless . . Atrox Shade
    Dumb "Fluffibunny" Blonde . . . . . . . . . Solitus NT

Dead and Buried
    Gimpest "Zythixx" Twotwenty . . . . . . . . . Opifex Shade
    Unwarranted "Demoranyth" Brutallity . Solitus Keeper
    - Zero - | - Rimor -

Yup .. it's back to making money for me ..
    Who knows, maybe I'll have to startcharging people for wrangles ..
    Didymus - Solitus Trader, Member of Instability

Fair

I think it is a fair price... I spend 1-3 mil / piece of CDS

anyway considering the potential of the upgraded versions of the armor I am willing to pull a few Blitzes and sell a few items.

Fair??

Well if they charge 1m-2m a piece of the basic armor, I would want to know how much we would have to pay for the upgrades

If the IPS is used to upgrade all the way to faithful/choosen armour, how much do you think will they charge us then?

What level of armor was this?
    Tenchiro -- Level 84 Enforcer
    Boredlock -- Level 75 Martial Artist
    Zucco -- Level 64 Engineer
    Xenia -- Level 47 Fixer
    Campechana -- Level 56 Clan Fixer
    Surgius -- Level 96 Omni Keeper

The basic set is ql 100 for the boots, pants, sleeves and gloves which are 2 insignia's and 1 mil per peice.

It's 2 mil and 4 insignia's for the helmet, chest, shoulder and backpeice, per peice.

Seeing as after you are done using items under ql 125 the only things you spend creds on is nano chargers and imps. FC has tried many times to have money sinks and this is one of em.

They won't lift this, so your gonna have to go make some creds or go without the armor. IMO it's a fair price.
    Last edited by Antigravity; Sep 11th, 2003 at 18:41:44.
    - Bershmifty (215 (+15) Solitus Fixer)
    - Antigravity (207 (+7) Opifex Martial Artist)
    - Saltys (200 MP Nanogimp)

A little off..

Originally posted by Bitt
    I think it is a fair price... I spend 1-3 mil / piece of CDS
    CDS is a little different, and I assume you mean 1-3 mill per piece of ql 200 CDS which has almost double the stats of Jobe Armor. I'll do the quest thouhg and pay the money, cause in my mind and in my heart I know that FC has a quest to upgrade this armor to some good pieces.
    ++***Forsaken Guild***++

Angelo "Johnnybegood" Aribaderci: 220 Adventurer - Melee Extraordinaire
    Nicholas "Trantice" Copernicus: 205 Adventurer - Ranged Mayhem
    Nicholas "Trantice02" Copernicus: 200 Keeper - Love Child
    Final "Cecilix" Fantasy: 165 Enforcer - *Yawn*

++***Forsaken Guild***++

My Engineer has never gotten over 8 mil creds in his life, and he's level 140 now. buying level 100 armor would be worse then what he has no. I don't even buy stuff from the shopping channels because I can't afford it. I think the most I ever spent on anything was 500k for Slayerdroid Transference. I simply don't have that kind of cash, and can only make money by doing missions, usually solo, which is boring as all hell. I socialize alot. I buy other people stuff, I pass money to my Alts who are all still low level, maybe level 50 for the highest one, and I have been playing since January. I think a price of 1 mil is extortion, so looks like I will never get this armor. When you do a Freaking quest for a Item, you should not also have to pay Money. Otherwise, what is the freaking point? Sorry, but I think this is rediculous. Create money sinks if you like. Let rich people buy the armor outright. Let those who aren't rich, quest for it. Not both.
    Ianjier (Engineer Gimp) - Angelflame (Meta-Physicist) - Mains - Cancelled
    Ianjyr (Engineer) - Kydan (Meta-Physicist) - Twinks - Cancelled
    (Clan - Rimor)
    Shadowlands Nano Locations
    My AO Tools (Updated 12/06/04 for new chat format)
    The Asylum
    Retired and gone to World of Warcraft

yes this set should definitely be questable for people who aren't as rich as people like me :P ...make each piece take 1 hour to quest approx.
    Specs://
    /Abit IC7 Canterwood
    /P4@3.3Ghz(1100mhz FSB)
    /OCZ Gold PC-3700 Ram
    /Tyan 9700 Pro@385/700
    20200 3dmarks

Hairstyle 201 MA (Equipment)

I wouldnt be complaining but well if you look at it from my point fo view:

Im a level 73 MP, I am at the type of level this armour would be useful to me, there is no way i can make 8 mil, from missions i usually get at the MOST 50k a run. Making me seak out isignias AND then pay 8 mil is just ridiculous.

This armour is obviously meant for the higher levels with alts who need it, level 200s have no use for it, level 100- cant afford it.

IMO whats the point of having this armour? If you wanted a money sinker give the higher levels one that they would find useful.
    Iogen:MP on RK1
    Unit Leader of:Guild of Meta-Physics
    Armour

Funcom needs to examine the AO economy abit. I agree 1M is alot for characters that are untwinked. I did save enough for a yalm, but now I only have about 1.7M total. I'm lvl 75 and an agent. Which is an easy class to make money with...

People i know played for a year and never could afford a yalm. As I stated in my other post, i disagree with things that make a class system in the game. http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...hreadid=177877

Making some thing challenging is ok but next to impossible for some players is just a quick way to shrink your player base.

Originally posted by Ianjier
    My Engineer has never gotten over 8 mil creds in his life, and he's level 140 now. ...can only make money by doing missions, usually solo, which is boring as all hell. I socialize alot. I buy other people stuff, I pass money to my Alts who are all still low level, maybe level 50 for the highest one, and I have been playing since January
    I've been playing since February, have 8 characters, and a total of maybe $70 million. I also socialize alot, but I do it in /org chat.

Just like in real life; "Gee, I want that new car, but that's extortion charging $35,000 for it! I like to socialize and work is boring as all hell"

Not poking fun at you, but just stating that I don't like doing boring missions either (And I try to do 10 a day now, trying for 1K token board) and I sacrifice, just as I do in real life.

You can get a runbuff from a friend, and run through a solo 'find person' mission in 5 total minutes (Including travel time) for $150K + mission reward with a L140 engineer. Most engis I know get mochams, cast Slayer, type /pet hunt, and loot chests and dead mobs in complete safety. That's another $500k-$2m in loot.
    Bitcoin and the ACA are Ponzi schemes. MMMmm, sounds like pizza.

I socialize with others actually there, not just org chat, though I do that as well. And I usually have a Slayer, but I rarely use /pet hunt as it's a quick way to get myself killed. The pet goes after the Closest target, not the next logical target, so it might run thru rooms full of mobs to get to another mob, and if I follow, I will get killed. I have had to blitz before, and it wasn't pleasant. And trying to get mochams is often worse then getting teeth pulled, or getting any buff at all. So some days, all I do is socialize, help people out, talk, etc. I don't do missions. You may also have gotten lucky and found GA, NS, or some other high value item. I haven't been so lucky yet. And you know what, I won't pay $35,000 for a new car either. I would love a Viper, but I don't have $60k for it. I paid $1000 for my current car. I can make 4 mil in a day on about 3 missions, but those missions end up taking me 5 hours to complete. Then I spend here and there, and use it to fund poor alts, and I'm poor again. You don't know my playstyle, or my circumstances, so you can't really judge what I do. Suffice it to say, I feel this price is outrageous, and much to expensive.
    Ianjier (Engineer Gimp) - Angelflame (Meta-Physicist) - Mains - Cancelled
    Ianjyr (Engineer) - Kydan (Meta-Physicist) - Twinks - Cancelled
    (Clan - Rimor)
    Shadowlands Nano Locations
    My AO Tools (Updated 12/06/04 for new chat format)
    The Asylum
    Retired and gone to World of Warcraft

Its a fair price.
    :: Disco "Strayduck" Duck - Equipment - History ::

It is a fair price - if you've been doing missions daily for the past 6 months. I hate missions, so I stopped doing them. Which means I stopped playing, basically... so I have "no" money in RK terms. About 2 mil per char, about. I blew that on hideously expensive coils... so now I have to make more money. Oh, wait! You can't do that in SL! So... back to RK to blitz more missions.

It seems like there is a clause. The more you want to play SL, the more FC makes you have to do BS missions. O_o
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

actually there are mobs in Nascense that drop Platinum Ingots. I sold a ql81 Plat Ingot for 431k. Not bad eh?

This subject always seems to come up and I don't understand how all you guys are so broke if you are even *average* players.

Everyone gets fair loot in missions first of all. You ought to be vendoring all of that. Occasionally u get decent items, sell them on the channels. This is all that i do..I am a soldier mind you. I've found relatively few rich items. 2 or 3 in one year I would say.

I'm sitting on 100 million credits.

Sure I'm lvl 172, but I have always had millions in the bank. As soon as i hit around 50, I'd say I always had 10-20 mil in the bank. As I rose in level, it natrually went higher as mission loot is worth more. At my level, every mission I net 500k-1mil on VENDOR JUNK alone. This is minus selling anything even halfway decent.

I don't tradeskill or anything like that, this is all based on game found stuff sold as I play. Nor do I blitz.

My .02

Graan
    ---------------------
    Retired: 211 Soldier
    Active: 17 Froob Soldier for when boredom sets in

Graan, these days, a lot of people just rush through team missions and don't loot.

As a result, we now have a new breed of high levels with few tokens, and not much cash....

As for myself.. when I'm in teams, I don't loot either as it slows down the team. I get all my credits from solo missions. Yah.. one QL190+ mission can get anywhere from 200k to 1mil+ of credits by selling "junk".

U can earn even more by keeping the high value "junk" in a bag and then get your trader friend to sell them for u in trader shops.
    Ashuras - Sol OT Adv on RK-1

Bartle Quotient:
    Explorer 93%, Achiever 53%, Socializer 40%, Killer 13%

Proud member of the Wardens of Omni-Tek

I gotta agree. I might keep a steady 10m handy for my 6 alts, but when you get down to it, I need that money. Im in the middle of getting new implants made, getting QL 200 graft armor blitzed for me, and paying for CAS to be made. I dont have the spare change for some crappy armor like that, when CAS is so much cheaper for me. 1-2 pieces each amounts to what... 7-14m. People cry at night over the 5m it takes to buy a yalm.
    Ssoloman, 177 Adventurer, Proud General of The Chosen, follower of the ubahly lovable Lhsloth

Also, a 71 Adv,75 shade, 47 agent, and countless other toons on the test server who help make AO a (semi) bug free enviroment.

Originally posted by Bacillus
    actually there are mobs in Nascense that drop Platinum Ingots. I sold a ql81 Plat Ingot for 431k. Not bad eh?
    What the main said. The ingots are a good way to make money in the Shadowlands. Heck, even the Hecklers in the back yard drop them like crazy. Lots of money to be made, even for levels < 10 (well, granted, you can probably make only around 200-400K per day this way, but its a rather easy way to make money anyway).

Otherwise, for new players, there are also TheDeacons money making tips (see link in my sig).

We'll see how expensive the armor is to upgrade, or if that is a missionable thing only, i.e. no cost.
    Stabdude Opifex Shade, Atlantean (and my new MAIN!) - native of the Shadowlands
    Slapster - Retired
    Retriever - Retired

This is it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast