Thread: Ergo's Quest problems

Ergo's Quest problems

I've been having alot of trouble with ergo's quest... do the parts for ergo drop in ToTW? Becasue foremans is camped really bad.. (Cmon funcom, lower the respawn time, please!)
    Ilikebots The only toon I care to play. My not-so-uber gear [UERK]
    I come bringing tradeskills. You should come bringing creds. Why? Just browse the shopping channel for PPPEs and weapon improvement discs. Its a two way street

Odd, killed like 40 cultists with no drop... I guess I'll kill some more then... poor guys.
    I come bringing tradeskills. You should come bringing creds. Why? Just browse the shopping channel for PPPEs and weapon improvement discs. Its a two way street

Never saw anything during my houres yesterday in ToTW, but I got all parts in half an houre in subway.
    Troll Commando, doing the dirty work that need to be done.

Odd... and I'll NEVER go back to foremans... it took a lvl 190 fixer in my org 6 hours to get the parts there... spawn time WAAAYYY too low. (infrequent)

Tell me about it. I went to Steps of Madness and what did I find? A 100% EMPTY cave with a few high lvl people in it. When one would spawn, they would rush over and have it dead in seconds. How the hell is a lvl 45 supposed to compete with the lvl 55+, when the spawn rate is ungodly slow?

I was able to get a few kills(they let me have them), but NONE of the creatures dropped anything... not even wasted loot, nevermind the parts needed.

This is ludicrous. It doesn't need to be this way. This game should not be a futuristic Evercamp! Up the spawn rates and Up the drop rates. Better yet, just lose the access restrictions altogether and let people enjoy what they paid for.

If you hang around long enough you can loot the pieces they dont need since they are unique. I got 2 of the 4 i needed that way in Formans. Quest stuff was laying around all over the place.

2 hours at foremans and nuffin...few if any mobs

3.5 hours at cyborg barracks...a few more mobs but rude ksers and generally feeling like a mouse chasing bits of cheese did not make this a pleasant experience

spawn rates need to be adjusted at least for a while

don't you think that increased spawn time would make it difficult for these dungeons after the ergo ring frenzy is over? it took me like an hour solo in foreman's and then i found out there is a much easier way to get the ring anyway.

so increased spawn time for normal mobs within the dungeons would be dumb because this whole thing is going to be over soon anyway. what i heard is that taking a new toon through the subway to level you get the pieces very easily with zero effort.
    Gimpest TL6 soldier ever- Nayle [soli/rk2]- full AF set and man am i teh h0t [dcirc instead of helm i am not spending another 140 pts]
    Styling in his sexx0r crat suit- Pandacrat [soli/rk2]- best profession i have ever played
    Only way to play an agent- Teensytrox [trox/rk2]- you know you want to see a ruse'd atrox

US Central Time Zone- Nerf US eh?

Gee... I kinda wanted to take my main into SL, who is higher than 24.... so the subway's out. I heard that spawn time is based on how many ppl are in the zone... but that just determines IF a spawn is popped or not, not the actual spawn rate. A temporary spawn rate fix and increased drop on the mobs in foremans/totw would be real nice, considering that EVERYONE an ALL THEIR ALTS need this ring. I mean, its something that everyone with SL needs for all their toons... that means that foremans, cyborgs, and steps of madness will be continually camped by high level ppl who (not blaming anyone) will KS ppl simply because nobody wants to spend 6+ hours in a place with greys in it (like somebody in my org did) I've only found one part after 2 hours of looting corpses and camping. Pls help funcom. I trust you.

I'm not asking for 30 second spawn rates, but if they at least HALVED the current spawn times and DOUBLED the drop rates on the parts, things would be a heck of a lot better.

Here's the problem. Since the dungeons are made for a range of lvls, the creatures vary in lvl, as well. If you are at the lower end of the level range, you are very limited in what you can fight. You have to stick to a certain area of creatures that you can handle. Yet the higher levels just come running back and kill them too. So here I was, stuck waiting in a certain area, for only certain creatures to spawn, which took forever, then IF and ONLY IF, the higher levels were busy with another creature or just out of the kindness of their heart(some had the kindness, some didn't), I was able to get a few kills. But, guess what? NOTHING dropped. Not even junk loot.

I came back to AO(subscribed for 6 months way back in late 2001 and 2002) for SL, thinking it would be fun. This is not my idea of fun.
    Last edited by Omni_X; Sep 12th, 2003 at 16:36:31.