Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If I Can't Hunt, I Wont Play.

Unhappy Make mission environments and doors LARGER

"I think they really should fix the camera bugs and make the mission environments MUCH larger and more open. "

Great idea, exactly what i believe.

Beiing a large and oafy atrox i hate it when the camera warps slightly everytime i go through a stupid door, i hate the tiny little rooms, i hate how MoBs warp through walls instead of taking doors.

MoBs should give up after a while, you should be able to 'lose' them by hiding somehow instead of having to fricken zone.

Once a MoB is aggroed onto you your stuck because it'll be waiting for you in the doorway the moment you zone back in. WORST is when you somehow randomly get several adds like 3-4 all dark-orange, red and they all chase you to the exit it takes forever to kill them all since you can only hit them like twice then you have to zone out to heal. Sometimes you even die due to lag while zoning, such bull**** happens to me once in a while.

MAKE MISSION ENVIRONMENTS LARGER!!!! BIGGER DOORS!!! COME ON PLZ! :}
    { Rubi-Ka 1 }
    BARTIMO - 45+ Enforcer [Kick'in @$$]
    XOFO - 55 Adventurer [Retired]

{ DAoC }
    ZOFO DAMOFO - 46 Bard Igraine [Pretty much RETIRED, heh]
    ZOFO DAMOFO - 33 Skald Gawaine [Retired]

Um, right...

Let me see if I understand the meaning behind your arguments. You're angry that you can't hunt because FC has made it so that Hunting has risks? The game is based upon conflict between the clans and omni. The fact that you can be PKed while camping spots, or genuinely hunting, or whatever else, is a good thing. Stay frosty, people. Pay attention moreso than you already are, Maybe you and your team can actually turn away that Omni guerilla sniper. There really isn't much more to say beyond that in regards to the subject.

Hunting is vital. I remember the good ol' days when Tir North Outpost was CRAWLING with people. Now... NO ONE. NO ONE AT ALL.

HUnting was really fun.

1) Un-nerf the hunting spots like Temple

2) Get rid of the thousands of scanners laying around the wilderness
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Many ideas here, but I share the feelings that missions as they are are just dull, repetitive and predictable.

Decreasing slightly the xp from missions and increasing slightly too the wilderness xp would be nice. Adding better loot tables, more zone specific.

Pre-80 there's still a lot of outdoor places that bring fun and good xps. Post-80 Mort is STILL a very nice zone, and I am in the process of really hunting in SFP or other political higher level parts of the world.

Mobs outdoor spawning has been not touched for a long time I guess. Some zones used by players have some design (like the 4 wind temple), but mostly things look like random areas. They are parts in BS where there's NPCs camps, but as it seems no real spawns associated. Like it's just some more unused mission entrance.

Just refuse the mission trend and get out. I am always to see that the Beach next to Athen is not used anymore by players, while it's crawling with nice spawns for low levels.

The number of tokens you get past 100 is anyway not reaaly an incentive to go outdoor ...
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Well...there was a thread like this in the game mechanics forum so I will just repost what I said there.

I completely agree. A guildmate and I were discussing the same things. Such a beautiful world is going to waste while we hide ourselves away in cramped missions. Just for fun, we went to a few zones outside to explore and kill things and we saw stuff we've never seen in the game before...and we have both been playing since beta. It's a shame that Funcom could completely remove some zones and most would not even notice.

So I agree that funcom should make an effort to make outside hunting an alternative to missions. A few ideas I can think of to make this happen are:

1) Experience bonus's for hunting outside (maybe adventurers a skill that ups this even more with the new patch)

2) Better chance of loot/loot you cannot find in missions

3) Experience bonus's for hunting in 25% and even better bonus's for hunting in 0% zones

4) When you put in the patch that allows the taking over of outposts, make everyone in the zone who is on the side who currently holds the outpost have an experience bonus.

Unhappy Once upon a time....

....i totaly agree with the inital poster - hunting needs a lot of improvememt.

nice ideas fotik. i hope Cosmik reads them.

Originally posted by Detonate
    [B]
    Counter-Strike consists of several thousands of players all playing at the the same time, but hey are all grouped into individual servers not interacting with one another.

This is what missions are like. Individual C-Strike servers segregating the population into little mini leveling rooms....
    I couldn't agree more.

I hate running around Greater Tir now and seeing it virtually abandoned. Were it just a case of people doing something more enjoyable I would have little problem with this, but the popularity of missions is a function of safety and convenience.

I disagree with the original poster somewhat. People should not be discouraged from doing missions, but where an activity we know works loses popularity, it seems to me someone ought to give attention to the cause and work toward righting the problem.

The answer is not to discourage the one activity but to add incentive to participate in the other.

It seems to me totally unfair to reward similar quality items and similar experience for fighting similar monsters in two different situations, when one of those situations is controlled and reliable while the other situation exposes the players to unpredictable encounters with very difficult mobs and to the dangers of the PvP system.

It is obvious that rewards for the second type of activity should be far greater to match the risk.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123