Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Death of a Fixer ..... the SL murder of a profession

Hey sad clowns. Turn that frown .................. upside down!

Funcom has increased the drop rate on Grid Armor 1 to the point where I could get 3 a week!

All your problems are solved.

Happy happy Joy joy,
    Happy happy Joy joy,
    Happy happy Joy joy,
    Happy happy Joy joy,
    Happy happy Joy joy,
    Happy happy Joy joy,
    Happy happy Joy joy,
    Happy happy Joy joy,
    Happy happy Joy joy,
    Happy happy Joy joy,
    Happy happy Joy joy,

HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY JOOOOY!
    RK2
    Qwikz - HUGE Inc.

"I should get one of those signs that says "One of these days I'm gonna get organezized".

O shut up
    Alantria 203 Fixer Squad commander/Recruiter of Eternal Fury

Originally posted by Qwikz/Fixalotty
    Hey sad clowns. Turn that frown .................. upside down!

Funcom has increased the drop rate on Grid Armor 1 to the point where I could get 3 a week!

All your problems are solved.

Happy happy Joy joy,
    Happy happy Joy joy,
    Happy happy Joy joy,
    Happy happy Joy joy,
    Happy happy Joy joy,
    Happy happy Joy joy,
    Happy happy Joy joy,
    Happy happy Joy joy,
    Happy happy Joy joy,
    Happy happy Joy joy,
    Happy happy Joy joy,

HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY JOOOOY!
    Dude......

Put down the crack pipe and step away from the computer....
    Slyykie - 200+ Shade
    Slyyk - 200+ Fixer

Members of Alphastrike
    ------------------------------------------------
    Sarcasm rules! Go prance around in the forest you silly pixie.

Originally posted by Qwikz/Fixalotty
    [B]Funcom has increased the drop rate on Grid Armor 1 to the point where I could get 3 a week!
    ...Right after telling us that there was no future in Grid Armor. I'm sure that the droprate is either bugged or it was intentionally done to create more displeasure with having no IP reset points at high level and just not having enough IP to raise all the essential stuff at 220.
    "On the brink of the dark he stood, with only the dream of the cities, the million books, the spectral images of the people he had loved, who had loved him, whom he had known and lost. They will not come again. They never will come back again."

-Thomas Wolfe (1900-1938), Look Homeward, Angel

sorry, I feel much more sane now, sorry

(Qwikz/alotty being serious for once this post only)

Right after telling us that there was no future in Grid Armor
    -Hoops

well, "God save the queen. It's a facist regime. There aint no future in Funcom's dreaming"

Actually yeah, I do believe they did it just to screw with everyone.

"No were not going to fix your nanoskills but hey heres a new hat!" - that sort of thing
    Last edited by Qwikz/Fixalotty; Oct 29th, 2003 at 18:00:22.
    RK2
    Qwikz - HUGE Inc.

"I should get one of those signs that says "One of these days I'm gonna get organezized".

Gotta Bump! this one....

We see a lot of changes going on in the toolsets of other profs, the change in fixer toolset is: A Grid Nano , which is castable in the gardens from Lvl 220 on. Oh! does this mean were having the grid in SL? Runbuffs work, as well as GA and Evac? No? What kinda Logic is this? Instead of trying to find a solution for the fixerprof, the prof which still remains with a half useless/half borked toolset and close to useless perks, they give us a nano with ridiculous requirements, which is a little less close to useless?

*sigh*

Sorry for whining, had to ease myself, but im afraid it didnt help....
    recently i heard vanya sing:
    WATCH OUT WHERE THE HUSKIES GO
    AN' DON'T YOU EAT THAT YELLOW SNOW

Cool

Originally posted by Shii
    Gotta Bump! this one....

We see a lot of changes going on in the toolsets of other profs, the change in fixer toolset is: A Grid Nano , which is castable in the gardens from Lvl 220 on. Oh! does this mean were having the grid in SL? Runbuffs work, as well as GA and Evac? No? What kinda Logic is this? Instead of trying to find a solution for the fixerprof, the prof which still remains with a half useless/half borked toolset and close to useless perks, they give us a nano with ridiculous requirements, which is a little less close to useless?

*sigh*

Sorry for whining, had to ease myself, but im afraid it didnt help....
    I've actually given up on the game entirely. I wasn't having any fun. Had I known I wouldn't be able to level above 200 on RK, i'd have never bought it. Maybe i'll be able to enjoy it when the next *expansion* comes out whenever.

But for now all my accounts remain unpaid and i'm actually having fun in EQ again. And I can still level IN ANY ZONE !!!!! Regardless of what expansions I do or don't have Laterz, Jenn
    Jennyfyr - TTL7 Fixer and proud Omni General of Alphastrike

The majority represents society. And if the majority of people around you think you're an idiot, you can reasonably assume yourself to be a social outcast

I have to agree with the initial post made by Jennyfyr. A lot of things which came about approximately a year ago have now become altogether useless fixes.

14.4 was a great patch for fixers on Rubi-Ka, but now that Shadowlands is out, there are a number of issues regarding fixers and their gameplay in the Shadowlands.

1. Roots are almost completely ineffective in Shadowlands, they have about a 1 in 6 chance of landing and we did not receive any new roots.

2. Snares, still useless... we even got new one's which are still useless.

3. HoT's have not been laddered up to make up for the higher level we will be able to play at and other professions have gained HoT's through Perks. Bye bye Master of Regeneration.

4. Speed. Useless to buff other players with since it lasts 10 minutes. Initially they didn't work all that ofter or at all. Require higher specialization to cast the highest one's.

5. NCU. Yutto's NCU's found in Penumbra give a player all the NCU they could possibly need at the moment... why bother getting a fixer into your team if the enforcer has 600 ncu.

6. Shadow Web Spinner. Poor excuse for a back item that fixers can use and its benefits are limited since you'll get bottlenecked with the specialization requirements to cast the nano line.

7. NCUHI. Useless now with the current requirements of SL's based nano's. This needs to be laddered up or Fixers will have 0 IP to spend on any other skills.

8. Tap Notum Vein: blahblah. Doesn't work. ETA till fix? They haven't even given an estimate....

9. Our SL's grid to RK nano is minimum level 220.... (works like fgrid in which it gives you a receptacle you can use on garden statues to get back to Rubi-Ka.)

A lot of these points are why fixers have become useless in teams.
    Last edited by Wigz; Nov 5th, 2003 at 02:05:42.
    211 Apprentice Fixer Wigz [gear]
    63 Enforcer Rarrr - Tankz()R!!!

Proud Veteran of Synergy Factor
    ARRRRR!!! Wigz Comics

Retired due to the intentional timesink design of AO.

Originally posted by WIGZ

8. Tap Notum Vein: blahblah. Doesn't work. ETA till fix? They haven't even given an estimate....
    Tap Notum Vein works on TestLive now, so it's coming in the next patch.
    May your RD always kick in between death and reclaim.
    Honest Businessmen and women: The Mockers
    I eat Grid Armor nanos. *BURP* Hungry again!
    Power Users run Anarchy Online from Linux.

lol

man sl imo SUCKSS i went to shadow lands all day for 2 diff days.. i i feel nothing but hate for it i mean it really sucks.. the nerfed fixers to hell.. my fixer is my only chacter and she has on ga.. and i dont have a real set of armor other then that sept my med suit.. so im running around sl.. with suck ass nanos gray mobs hitting me for more then im hitting them and getting killed left and right.. i had to go to the noob zone to kill.. its just so so sad im sorry i got the exp.. the only thing i use is the few good perks.. and we didnt even get a good prof perk.. the sl impants at high lvls are suppost to be uber but i cant go get any without dying.. so im just have to buy them but thats no fun.. sl almost makes me wanna stop playing.. its like playing a whole new game... i need new everything new armor new nanos new treatment sigh whoever the people are who made sl I HATE YOU

man sl pisses me off why didnt you just make fixers not able to go to sl and save us the the time and frustration.. and the money buying it

Originally posted by WIGZ
    4. Speed. Useless to buff other players with since it lasts 10 minutes. Initially they didn't work all that ofter or at all. Require higher specialization to cast the highest one's.
    I actually don't mind that. Makes one thing less to buff others with, and fixers have been whining for so long to get a speed advantage on other classes that I am actually pleased with this, DONT TAKE OFF THE 10 MINUTE TIMER.
    Now they only need to make this work the way it should be working....make the buff bigger at lower levels, make it significantly better than any crappy morph an Adv can cast, and let the Speed buff other teammates even if they already have an evade buff running, it works on self, why not on others?
    Kingpin heading for a different grid exit...

Seems like a lot of Fixers crying over the loss of their overpowered-ness.

Originally posted by Brembo
    Well thank god this isnt a thread about your gimpness.

Actually 10min timer was best FC thing on way to "masters of speed"

Uh, would you care to elaborate on this one?
    Kiisu, TL 7 fixer of Project-Starlight, RK2.
    Eevatytar, LVL 220 keeper of Project-Starlight, RK2.

Fixers don't need a new pair of glasses, they need a miracle!

*strokes the nice little troll, and feeds him a lettice leaf*

Can I keep it. Pleaes?

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Says the MP. Because god knows you people didnt cry long enough. You got your fixes, let us get ours.
    streaz18 - Women love Opifex in bed. I have just as much stamina as a solitus, I am much more agile, and I can sense how they like it in ways a solitus male could only dream of.
    ESA - 80/53/46
    Narysta is levelling again!

Speaking of how fixers are less fun to play.....how about we make a post called "The fixer retirement home" and everyone who leaves or goes to an alt post there? Would it be a popular idea? Probably get moderated?
    Main: - Vonshot: 217/26 Omni Trox Trader

Alts:
    - Nycrow: 191/11 Trox Fixer
    - Tanknip: 217/14 Trox Doctor, The Cookie Monster
    - Nightswan: 164/5 Solitus Crat
    - Ghostblade: 184/19 Trox Shade
    - Megachug: 57/5 Trox Enforcer
    - Kyllx: 51/5 Opifex Agent

CZ maybe you could moderate little one sentence troll posts that ruin otherwise constructive posts, we'd really appriciate it, there is many good pro con posts here and Id hate to see this degenarate because of some goof *cough*Brembo*cough*

Thank you
    Alantria 203 Fixer Squad commander/Recruiter of Eternal Fury

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast